Wills and trusts

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

We paid a joo about $3000 to draw up our family trust. But that was several years ago. It's a must if you have children imo.

Stepdaughter.

Watched my dad lose his life savings ( wasnt a lot ) in under 10 months . Im not wealthy but prefer it goes to stepdaughter if we eat it.

9 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Stepdaughter.

Watched my dad lose his life savings ( wasnt a lot ) in under 10 months . Im not wealthy but prefer it goes to stepdaughter if we eat it.

If I remember we had to have it recorded with the county also. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Anler said:

We paid a joo about $3000 to draw up our family trust. But that was several years ago. It's a must if you have children imo.

Ours was less 6 years ago from a Italian woman.

12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ours was less 6 years ago from a Italian woman.

Mine was a woman also. I dont know her ethnicity. We just refer to all lawyers as joos

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

Mine was a woman also. I dont know her ethnicity. We just refer to all lawyers as joos

This maybe the funniest thing I've read on here! Totally the way I was brought up. haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Anyone know anything about hiring an atty for this shit?

Is it complicated , expensive?

I've had an irrevocable trust since the mid 1990's and been changed twice including about 2 weeks ago.

27 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I always liked Italian lawyers and jew accountants.  Grand pappy taught me that 

Good lessons for a yute :thumb:

In 2019 I had mine updated. It was $500. I only have a daughter and 2 grandkids as survivors. It got a little weird with my time of death pension payout and my daughter’s age. Had to get creative. The attorney helped figure it out. 

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Anyone know anything about hiring an atty for this shit?

Is it complicated , expensive?

The price and complications kind of depend on you, simple will and trusts costs less the more complex of a will the more you will pay. 

Example, The house & it's contents go to my wife and in her absence everything goes to my  X amount of children to be divided equally. less money

My wife gets this this and this, my #1 gets this my #2 gets, this one gets this and that one gets this, my dog gets, more involved the more you will pay.

Look for elder law attorney or and attorney who specializes in wills they should be able to give you a ball park price for a basic or complex will.

21 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

The price and complications kind of depend on you, simple will and trusts costs less the more complex of a will the more you will pay. 

Example, The house & it's contents go to my wife and in her absence everything goes to my  X amount of children to be divided equally. less money

My wife gets this this and this, my #1 gets this my #2 gets, this one gets this and that one gets this, my dog gets, more involved the more you will pay.

Look for elder law attorney or and attorney who specializes in wills they should be able to give you a ball park price for a basic or complex will.

Im looking for " if I eat it first , wife takes all. She goes first I get it till death , then pass it on to her daughter. If we go together her daughter gets it.

If I end up out of my fucking mind and need to go into a home , she dosnt end up in poverty. 

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Im looking for " if I eat it first , wife takes all. She goes first I get it till death , then pass it on to her daughter. If we go together her daughter gets it.

If I end up out of my fucking mind and need to go into a home , she dosnt end up in poverty. 

Simple will less money, complex $$$$$, Simple usually less than $1000.00

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So a standard will and advice on how to avoid probate fees and such.  Ie joint names on investments etc.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

The part that gets expensive is to make sure it gets paid out not when they are 18, but logically throughout life so that they can live well even if they fuck up.

It is more a matter of protecting the money , stepdaughter is 31 and very responsable. Has never asked us for a penny.

But her father had a stroke in his sleep at his camp last weekend. Now in ICU unable to talk. If I ever end up like that I want my wife to still live a somewhat normal remainder of her life.

Another thing to consider when making out a Will and getting done at the same time is a  Living Will and Power of Attorney. What do you want done and not done to keep you alive should something happen to you and you can't speak for yourself and you do not want to make your wife or kid(s) make the decision on what you want done to keep you alive or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerry 976 said:

Another thing to consider when making out a Will and getting done at the same time is a  Living Will and Power of Attorney. What do you want done and not done to keep you alive should something happen to you and you can't speak for yourself and you do not want to make your wife or kid(s) make the decision on what you want done to keep you alive or not.

That part Im familiar with. I was both for my dad.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

That's how mine is, sorta.