2024 Cats

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Jesus prices are insane on every brand.

Im gonna start buying some vintage sleds and can have just as much fun and actually work on them easy.

Ah man who knew 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

A Thundercat is $27500 CAD. :bong:

And the Trail Blazer Kit (mid height shield, tunnel bag, handlebar bag and Pro front bumper) adds another $1100 to the tag. Holy Crap....lol

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

700 dollar logistics surcharge will apply…just saw that in the small print.

Fucking ridiculous 

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Jesus prices are insane on every brand.

Im gonna start buying some vintage sleds and can have just as much fun and actually work on them easy.

Yeah prices are just crazy. My 22XCR was 16,4. That fucking idiotic.

7 hours ago, Kivalo said:

How can you justify these prices when in NY in February you had 70° days? 

You can’t, but we’re all a little looney…

:lol: 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Kivalo said:

How can you justify these prices when in NY in February you had 70° days? 

It's nuts, we've had a strange winter here in WI also. I put on about 650 miles on my 20 year old Poo and had fun. These new sleds at 15 - 20k and marginal winters would fuck with my anxiety. :thumbdown2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

It's nuts, we've had a strange winter here in WI also. I put on about 650 miles on my 20 year old Poo and had fun. These new sleds at 15 - 20k and marginal winters would fuck with my anxiety. :thumbdown2:

I’m looking for a decent early 70’s cleated track Cat. I can have just as much fun going to a vintage ride and enjoying the day.

• Like 1

Snowmobiling has never been a financially sound sport but it's one I enjoy.  Have friends in other sports that spend crazy amounts of money but it is what they enjoy so it's good to see.  Vintage sleds have their place.  Most of the fun is hunting for those odd parts or particular sled that you want and finally have found it.  Depending on the sled vintage sleds can be an expensive hobby also.

I've got about 3900 miles on so far this season and heading back up Nth tomorrow.  Also have some vintage sleds that haven't seen snow in over 5 years.  When it comes to a nice winter day and I want to put on 200 to 300 miles in a day it is on a current model sled.

Snowmobiling is a sport I enjoy.  I plan a budget around the cost and enjoy it.  Yes the cost is high but already have a call out for a new XCR at my dealer.  Once the details are out next week he'll have my deposit.

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Doug said:

Snowmobiling has never been a financially sound sport but it's one I enjoy.  Have friends in other sports that spend crazy amounts of money but it is what they enjoy so it's good to see.  Vintage sleds have their place.  Most of the fun is hunting for those odd parts or particular sled that you want and finally have found it.  Depending on the sled vintage sleds can be an expensive hobby also.

I've got about 3900 miles on so far this season and heading back up Nth tomorrow.  Also have some vintage sleds that haven't seen snow in over 5 years.  When it comes to a nice winter day and I want to put on 200 to 300 miles in a day it is on a current model sled.

Snowmobiling is a sport I enjoy.  I plan a budget around the cost and enjoy it.  Yes the cost is high but already have a call out for a new XCR at my dealer.  Once the details are out next week he'll have my deposit.

I agree and lord knows I have wasted more than my share of cash on sleds but damn that’s alot of jack for a 600.:hiding:

• Gold Member

Sledding and Boating. 

2 things I absolutely love , and 2 things that make absolutely no financial sense. 

I think a bad drug and whore habit would be cheaper at this point . :lmao:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Sledding and Boating. 

2 things I absolutely love , and 2 things that make absolutely no financial sense. 

I think a bad drug and whore habit would be cheaper at this point . :lmao:

Guy that occasionally rides with us has a boat with two blown merc big blocks.  Said snowmobiling is cheap compared to boating.  He can easily spend over 1K in fuel for a weekend.