Mini skis, cut down full size - Vintage Snoscoot - where to get long insert bushings?

Contemplating taking the skis that came on my Assault and cutting them down for the kids snoscoot.  The skis have rusted through which is sad (thanks previous owner) as the rest of the machine is in great shape.  C&A's are about $400 for the minis and mounts, but I have a set of ProSteers here that I could easily cut.  Obviously cutting off the back end.  The front will be about 1.5" longer than stock if I do that, but I figure that isn't a big deal.  Totally open to other suggestions.

If I use them I have a bushing problem.  The screws for the original ones are bonded to the bushings.  The bushing has a 14mm OD.  My ski bolts are 9.5mm in diameter so a bushing of 10mm ID, 14mm OD and 75mm long would be ideal. I found some 25mm and figure I could use three.  The overlap will be 10mm inside the spindle so I assume it will be supported ok?  Possibly I am being an idiot to save some money though.

Any thoughts on where to get a 1 piece "bushing" like that or if the three are ok?

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Contemplating taking the skis that came on my Assault and cutting them down for the kids snoscoot.  The skis have rusted through which is sad (thanks previous owner) as the rest of the machine is in great shape.  C&A's are about $400 for the minis and mounts, but I have a set of ProSteers here that I could easily cut.  Obviously cutting off the back end.  The front will be about 1.5" longer than stock if I do that, but I figure that isn't a big deal.  Totally open to other suggestions.

If I use them I have a bushing problem.  The screws for the original ones are bonded to the bushings.  The bushing has a 14mm OD.  My ski bolts are 9.5mm in diameter so a bushing of 10mm ID, 14mm OD and 75mm long would be ideal. I found some 25mm and figure I could use three.  The overlap will be 10mm inside the spindle so I assume it will be supported ok?  Possibly I am being an idiot to save some money though.

Any thoughts on where to get a 1 piece "bushing" like that or if the three are ok?

need a visual, but just guessing you'll need to whittle up some ski to spindle spacer bushings and rubbers... not impossible, just math, patience and a trip to the plumbing dept at Menards.  ;)

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

What I need is the bushing/bearing that goes into the ski spindle.  Rusted to the bolt.  If I get it off then yes.

pics and pm if you want... 

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003b5a0f8700212fc83e19d/ski

edit, does #9 move freely back and forth in the spindle?  how much overlap?  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

9 is rusted to the bolt.  I have it soaking.  9 is a 14mm OD bushing with a 10mm ID.  The spindle it sits in is 52mm wide.  The ski I am using would like a 75mm bushing if the spindle floats across it.  A pair of 10mm wide 14mm ID spacers are easy enough if I had a 14*10*75.  As stated I found 14*10*25 and could put 3 inline.  

If I get the bolt freed from the bushing then it is obviously easier as that is the real critical dimension.

Going to call the local sled scrap yard tomorrow as well and see if they have any plastic used 120 skis.