2024 Sleds... what's coming

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Gen 2 was cleanee, hence the emmisions comment. Gen 1 was on the ragged edge of not meeting it. Not that I give a shit. 1, I could care less about emmisions. 2, will never go bigger than a 600.

Yet cats marketing material i posted states the gen 1 meets emissions.

You are too far down your own rabbit hole to see the truth right on front of you that cat themselves pushed on the gen 1 800.  

On the ragged edge of meeting it??  Hell, if it meets it why redesign it?  Thats a very poor business decision.

And now they are soon going to obsolete that motor again.

2 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Yet cats marketing material i posted states the gen 1 meets emissions.

You are too far down your own rabbit hole to see the truth right on front of you that cat themselves pushed on the gen 1 800.  

On the ragged edge of meeting it??  Hell, if it meets it why redesign it?  Thats a very poor business decision.

And now they are soon going to obsolete that motor again.

I guess they wanted to show Polaris some empathy.:stirthepot:

35 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Cat didnt think emissions was hard to meet with the gen 1 ctec 800.

No hate or obsession on cat, just busting balls on the few cat lovers here who are so blinded with green they can't see past there own brands flaws and recognize cat has become a  me too company on many fronts.   Much of the tech these guys ejaculate over is just nothing more than cats spin on existing tech....they just can't see that.

The Alpha rail was copied? Nope. The progressive steering system they developed in-house is copied? Nope. The updated belt drive system for trail sleds was copied? Nope.

Belt drive isnt new, it just hasnt been done this well. Test riders say the M600 has less 'rolling friction' then anything they've ever drove. 

5 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The Alpha rail was copied? Nope. The progressive steering system they developed in-house is copied? Nope. The updated belt drive system for trail sleds was copied? Nope.

Belt drive isnt new, it just hasnt been done this well. Test riders say the M600 has less 'rolling friction' then anything they've ever drove. 

The alpha rail was from a 60s or 70s sled I remember someone posting pics of it on hcs way back when

I’ve ran a tki on my 2016 zr8000 since 2018 still on the same belt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

What is this belt drive updated from?  Its new to cat on a production sled!? 

How does 1 quantify less rolling friction while test riding it?

Are those the same testers who stated the gen 1 800 meets emissions?

1 minute ago, Boonbocker1 said:

What is this belt drive updated from?  Its new to cat on a production sled!? 

How does 1 quantify less rolling friction while test riding it?

Are those the same testers who stated the gen 1 800 meets emissions?

You sound like a therapist, which means you need serious help.

• Like 1

There was a ton of discussion going on when cat revamped their 800.  Most of it was around the fact that it did not in fact meet the EPA regs, even though cat crowed about it prior to the gen 1 release.  The rest was around the fact that it did not perform nearly as well as it should have and it was far from a "160HP class" engine.  Rough running, high idling, flame thrower.

This was the best summary I could dig up as to what was changed from gen1 to gen2:

Here is what's new with the 2020 C-tec2 8000 series engine from Arctic Cat: Updated semi-direct injection, new cylinder with repositioned fuel injector, new combustion chamber, new piston, new higher resolution flywheel with 1 piece construction, new fuel rail w/dual dampers, new fuel calibration, improved valve servo actuation for faster response, more torque and cleaner calibration, reduced emissions, oil delivery through the case with high velocity, sprays directly at the main bearings, eliminate oil spitback through the intake, one piece flywheel quicker reving/reduced harmonics, more teeth provides improved data rate, faster response for map, improved run quality

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You sound like a therapist, which means you need serious help.

You sound like a buffoon that blindly regurgitates marketing material that meets your liking. You have little to no ability to think freely, field questions and absorb facts that state something out of your set of beliefs.

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

The janitor is now a reputable source for you?

My opinion is very highly regarded around here :news:

IMHO Jim is full on retarded:thumb:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

You confuse obsession with a strong desire to have them step up and be competitive.  Most of us want another option, some just want to bust balls, but with the current path Textron is taking Cat the optimism is not so high for those wanting another option.  That being said, calling Cat a leader is not the case they are definitely reduced to being a market follower.

Cat has stepped up big with the catalyst and the same people that say they want them to be better are shitting all over the catalyst.  So I don't buy that.  I get busting balls I do it too, but it's more for you guys.  You have a weird personal disdain for cat and any cat people.  Which is fine but just admit it.  

Geniuses pick green also btw it's a fact.

27 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Cat has stepped up big with the catalyst and the same people that say they want them to be better are shitting all over the catalyst.  So I don't buy that.  I get busting balls I do it too, but it's more for you guys.  You have a weird personal disdain for cat and any cat people.  Which is fine but just admit it.  

Ok. I'll be the first to admit it but it's not really against Cat it is about Cat people. There, I said it, and I feel quite a load lifted off of my shoulders.

• Haha 2

Cat can do better and they should.  The call outs are no different than when anyone launches a new chassis and calls it a game changer or some other sort of bullshit when everyone except for dumstad should know better.

I already am a genius I guess since I have a green sled but here's my wish list for next year and the only way I'm going to sell it.

- Catalyst chassis designed specifically for the yamaha engine - move it back, lay it flat, just make the fucker better balanced and better handling, reduce the weight at least 50lbs.

-  Upgrade the gauge to anything better than the 80's atari graphics.  I don't give a shit about BMW style flat screens, gps, volume knobs, don't care just something that is well integrated and looks like it came from at least the year 2020.

- It will have to be Yamaha so make it blue and white, not green because my dealer no longer sells cat

That's it.  Should not even be that fucking hard.  Everything already exists today, even the gauge according to the factory engineers so not even asking for that much.  Here's the likely deal breaker.  It has to be equal to or less than the competitors sleds because I'm not paying more at todays fucked up sled prices.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I like cats, I don't own one and likely never will but I like competition and another brand for consumers to choose from.   It dumsatd and stinki weren't so foolishly blinded and didn't regurgitate marketing language as the next coming of christ I'd likely never respond to this or any cat bashing thread on this site.