2024 Sleds... what's coming

30 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Sounds familiar to the early poo 4 injector CFI where the auxiliary injector only was used during high load.   Slotted piston sounds like a different way of accomplishing the same result?

Why did the 800 go away from this design?   So now that the slot is gone its really similiar to the poo setup?

Emissions. 

34 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Sounds familiar to the early poo 4 injector CFI where the auxiliary injector only was used during high load.   Slotted piston sounds like a different way of accomplishing the same result?

Why did the 800 go away from this design?   So now that the slot is gone its really similiar to the poo setup?

Cat went away from it for emissions on the 800

Now that cat is running a single injector per cylinder sdi setup, you can say they copied SDI first used by rotax/skidoo 20 some years ago. 

One of the reasons Polaris struggled for so long and tried 20 different versions of cfi, and re-designs was trying to sneak around the doo patents

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, krom said:

Cat went away from it for emissions on the 800

Now that cat is running a single injector per cylinder sdi setup, you can say they copied SDI first used by rotax/skidoo 20 some years ago. 

One of the reasons Polaris struggled for so long and tried 20 different versions of cfi, and re-designs was trying to sneak around the doo patents

Thanks, this is what I had thought in regards to the ctec setup.

A few "in the know" cat loyalists on here will be surprised to learn this.

1 hour ago, Boonbocker1 said:

The non parallel, variable caster a arm suspension polaris patented?   The 1 that was very different from the AWS suspension cat used at the time?  

Does cat offer anything similar to this now? What year did cat 1st offer it?

image001-1.jpg

The basic concept of double a arm front suspension that cat was using for 15 years before Polaris adopted it.

The basic concept of a slide rail.

So cat is bad for running a chassis for too long.  

And also bad for not running an engine long enough.

Also bad for running a 'durty' Suzuki 800 too long even though everyone knows emissions is harder on modern two strokes.

Chapter 3 in the cat hater handbook.  You guys are obsessed and it's comically pathetic.  So obsessed with something so apparently inferior.  Huh.  Odd.

Edited by mnstang
  • Like 2

You confuse obsession with a strong desire to have them step up and be competitive.  Most of us want another option, some just want to bust balls, but with the current path Textron is taking Cat the optimism is not so high for those wanting another option.  That being said, calling Cat a leader is not the case they are definitely reduced to being a market follower.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mnstang said:

So cat is bad for running a chassis for too long.  

And also bad for not running an engine long enough.

Also bad for running a 'durty' Suzuki 800 too long even though everyone knows emissions is harder on modern two strokes.

Chapter 3 in the cat hater handbook.  You guys are obsessed and it's comically pathetic.  So obsessed with something so apparently inferior.  Huh.  Odd.

Cat didnt think emissions was hard to meet with the gen 1 ctec 800.

No hate or obsession on cat, just busting balls on the few cat lovers here who are so blinded with green they can't see past there own brands flaws and recognize cat has become a  me too company on many fronts.   Much of the tech these guys ejaculate over is just nothing more than cats spin on existing tech....they just can't see that.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Much of the tech these guys ejaculate over is just nothing more than cats spin on existing tech....they just can't see that.

Nailed it.

10 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Cat didnt think emissions was hard to meet with the gen 1 ctec 800.

No hate or obsession on cat, just busting balls on the few cat lovers here who are so blinded with green they can't see past there own brands flaws and recognize cat has become a  me too company on many fronts.   Much of the tech these guys ejaculate over is just nothing more than cats spin on existing tech....they just can't see that.

You just drink the poo spew. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I posted 2 images of marketing  material from Cat regarding 800 ctec emissions, you still think the gen 2 800 changes are over emissions.  You clearly are the one drinking spew.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Says the guy who wears Arctic Cat pajamas, while sleeping in his Arctic Cat bedding & drinking from his Arctic Cat mug.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

It was over emissions. Stated everywhere. Every rag, arctic insider. Etc. 

So cat lied about the gen 1 800 ctec?   What else do they lie about?

So if cat spent 12 yrs developing a dirty 800, replaced it 2 yrs later with a clean 800 and now is planning to replace it with a bigger engine then its safe to say we know why textron needed to bail them out before they went bankrupt.

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You drink it as well. Wipe your chin when you're done!

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

It's still on your chin. A little got on your poo shirt as well.

Are you one of them guys that uses the same old jokes and laughs harder than everyone??

I bet you still use Andrew Dice Clay lines and think you're funny.

2 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

So cat lied about the gen 1 800 ctec?   What else do they lie about?

Your post was on the gen 1 800. Nothing I could read said anything about gen 2. Get your shit straight. Hell, even the janitor told you.

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Are you one of them guys that uses the same old jokes and laughs harder than everyone??

I bet you still use Andrew Dice Clay lines and think you're funny.

Andrew who? Gerry Dee is one I really enjoy. I'm just pointing out that you suck the little poo dick like nobody's business. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Your post was on the gen 1 800. Nothing I could read said anything about gen 2. Get your shit straight. Hell, even the janitor told you.

In the gen 1 post showing cat marketing material it states that the gen 1 800 meets tier 3 epa regs.

To redesign it 2 yts later is redundant.  To claim it was redesigned for emissions doesn't jive when cat claimed the gen 1 meets emissions.

The janitor is now a reputable source for you?

Edited by Boonbocker1

Just now, Boonbocker1 said:

In the gen 1 post showing cat marketing material it states that the gen 1 800 meets tier 3 epa regs.

To redesign it 2 yts later is redundant.  To claim it was redesigned for emissions doesn't jive when cat claimed the gen 1 meets emissions

Gen 2 was cleanee, hence the emmisions comment. Gen 1 was on the ragged edge of not meeting it. Not that I give a shit. 1, I could care less about emmisions. 2, will never go bigger than a 600.