2024 Sleds... what's coming

14 hours ago, HSR said:

I can't wait to hear grown men try and impress people with how Badass their 600cc Calamity is. That is gonna be some funny shit. 

God your such a badass on your 170HP 850! :lol: 
Thats alot of power for a Polaris or Ski-Doo owner....
Welcome to stock 2007 Crossfire 1000 Performance!
Cause a modified Crossfire 1000, like my brothers, will blow your panels off.
Hey, having the performance of a Cat 15 years ago isn't bad, well done! Hahaha!

Edited by stinkipinki

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

God your such a badass on your 170HP 850.

Except that Crossfire will beat the living hell out of you over the course of 200 miles and marginal/shitty trails.  Anyone who thinks these newer, rider forward sleds that have so much suspension in them, is going to be a lake runner without serious modifications is a fool.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Except that Crossfire will beat the living hell out of you over the course of 200 miles and marginal/shitty trails.  Anyone who thinks these newer, rider forward sleds that have so much suspension in them, is going to be a lake runner without serious modifications is a fool.  

I can attest to this. I've done multiple 150-200 mile days on my crossfire this winter, thankfully the trails have been damn good. Also why I've been browsing sleds for sale lol.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I can attest to this. I've done multiple 150-200 mile days on my crossfire this winter, thankfully the trails have been damn good. Also why I've been browsing sleds for sale lol.

And just to clarify ... my comment is not a "shot" at the Crossfire.  It was a damn good sled and is still a good sled.  But it's not like the newer stuff with better suspensions and ergos.  I was just trying to put our boy Stinki, and his comment, in context.  The '98 Thundercat still hauls the mail ... but I wouldn't ride that thing for a full day, let alone a season, unless I was on super highway trails with zero bumps (and even then, it would still be a huge step backwards).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tripleflipper said:

Impressive, sold out a shift's worth of production:lol2:

Wait, they made sleds for a whole shift this year?  You must be referring to the 120/200's....

20 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Ohh he mad! lol

Ohh you dumb! lol

17 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

God your such a badass on your 170HP 850! :lol: 
Thats alot of power for a Polaris or Ski-Doo owner....
Hey, having the performance of a Cat 15 years ago isn't bad, well done! Hahaha!

Explains why you bought a modern sled with real suspension instead of a crossfire.  Eat your own crow.  No one with a brain wants to ride a crossfire anymore as the newer choices are way better....even the antique procross.  The CopyPooAlyst will be even better in this domain.

9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Wait, they made sleds for a whole shift this year?  You must be referring to the 120/200's....

Ohh you dumb! lol

Explains why you bought a modern sled with real suspension instead of a crossfire.  Eat your own crow.  No one with a brain wants to ride a crossfire anymore as the newer choices are way better....even the antique procross.  The CopyPooAlyst will be even better in this domain.

Thanks! :lol:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Explains why you bought a modern sled with real suspension instead of a crossfire. 

I wouldn't say I own a modern sled.
When I get a 2018+ this year, 998 or ETEC 850, then I can say I own a modern sled.
The Rush 600 was a fun project and its a little ripper, albeit a tad tippy but, the rear suspension makes up for it.

• Like 1

Do you guys just all ride the shittiest trails ever?  I thought I was among baddest if badasses here at freedom sledder but then you're talking about getting beat up by a bump.  Maybe you guys should ride the 600's they won't hit your .25" bumps so fast.  They can't even lift an inside ski they're so slow 

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Do you guys just all ride the shittiest trails ever?  I thought I was among baddest if badasses here at freedom sledder but then you're talking about getting beat up by a bump.  Maybe you guys should ride the 600's they won't hit your .25" bumps so fast.  They can't even lift an inside ski they're so slow 

Now you're catching on :lol: Cat guys desperately trying to act like a 600cc is supposed to generate all this BS hype :lol: Hello it's not 1998 anymore!!!!! Oh and nobody is buying a 600 because their brand won a CC race. I would bet 98% of sledders don't even care. But by all means keep acting like it's the second coming of christ, it's hilarious.

21 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Take your sled, put it on a trailer, and head over to WI for a weekend.  Ride the Trail 8/Trail 77 corridor from Lake Namkagon down towards Phipps sometime ... make it a Saturday afternoon.  Over a month ago, that trail was full of woops about 4' deep and miles of them.

Good thing for those "bridging the bumps" long tracks though .... made a HUGE difference (not!) :lol2:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Now you're catching on :lol: Cat guys desperately trying to act like a 600cc is supposed to generate all this BS hype :lol: Hello it's not 1998 anymore!!!!! Oh and nobody is buying a 600 because their brand won a CC race. I would bet 98% of sledders don't even care. But by all means keep acting like it's the second coming of christ, it's hilarious.

I'm in full agreement with you.  A 600 can't go fast enough to carry an inside ski going through a corner.  Only 800's can do that and no 600's can.   For real.  600's can't touch you on the trails with all that power you have.

49 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You are the one that loves the Luce Line.  Go ride your old ass dragger west of Winsted right now and see how you like it.

I will not do that because I have no reason or desire to and also don't take orders from angry old men on the internet.

45 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Take your sled, put it on a trailer, and head over to WI for a weekend.  Ride the Trail 8/Trail 77 corridor from Lake Namkagon down towards Phipps sometime ... make it a Saturday afternoon.  Over a month ago, that trail was full of woops about 4' deep and miles of them.

Good thing for those "bridging the bumps" long tracks though .... made a HUGE difference (not!) :lol2:

I also will not do that.  When I trail ride, I ride good trails.  Maybe I'm just very fortunate and shouldn't punch down to you peasants that travel to your destination places to ride 4' whoop trails in bad citiot traffic.  That does have to suck and I should have more compassion for those that don't know where to ride.  I'm sorry bontz.

54 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@Bontz Or Chris- you could ride 30 minutes away from that LIVING HELL and never see a bump, have the trails to your self, AND you could call me and I'd buy you a beer. Seems like a no brainer. Your decision tho. OBTW, I'll be more than happy to personally groom a route for you. But....you just go ahead and ride over near that shit show of Hayward and Namakagon. 

Cat agrees and held off on that new chassis because you know, no modern chassis needed because trails are always smooth.....I suppose no new performance motor next season because, only 600s or smaller are actually needed.....

5 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@Bontz Or Chris- you could ride 30 minutes away from that LIVING HELL and never see a bump, have the trails to your self, AND you could call me and I'd buy you a beer. Seems like a no brainer. Your decision tho. OBTW, I'll be more than happy to personally groom a route for you. But....you just go ahead and ride over near that shit show of Hayward and Namakagon. 

LOL ... thanks Bryan!! :lol2:

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't even on that ride ... it was my annual guys trip we do, but I wasn't part of it because I didn't have my sled yet.  But I got that report when they came back, and it sounded like it was a pretty brutal stretch (the boys were over on Nelson Lake that evening and came home via that route).  When I was on that stretch a couple weeks ago, it was Birkie weekend and we rode from Namakagon back down to the cabin in Ojibwa.  That particular stretch of trail was an absolute ribbon ... double groomed, and we were the first ones on it.  Actually, I was the first one on it as I was leading.  It was fantastic!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

LOL ... thanks Bryan!! :lol2:

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't even on that ride ... it was my annual guys trip we do, but I wasn't part of it because I didn't have my sled yet.  But I got that report when they came back, and it sounded like it was a pretty brutal stretch (the boys were over on Nelson Lake that evening and came home via that route).  When I was on that stretch a couple weeks ago, it was Birkie weekend and we rode from Namakagon back down to the cabin in Ojibwa.  That particular stretch of trail was an absolute ribbon ... double groomed, and we were the first ones on it.  Actually, I was the first one on it as I was leading.  It was fantastic!

:burp:

The offer still stands.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jdsky said:

If anyone is just dying to ride one of those old buckboard style chassis I know where you can pickup a 700 sabre cat for less than the price of a new zr120.  

00202_8qCu45sexXF_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Put a big F7 sticker on that I will be game. I am cutting the sleeves off my denim jacket right now. Norman county by dawn 

• Haha 1