2024 Sleds... what's coming

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

They are still in business. They make snow bike kits that are belt drive and cost 10 grand. 

They were pretty wild for the time period from what I remember. Twin piped Poo bigbores I believe or maybe trips?

9 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Trying to remember the name of a low volume mountain sled made in the 2000's. Ckx or something similar. I thought that they used a belt drive system.

Crazy
Mountan
Xtreme 

In 1999, CMX was the first motorsports company to offer a belt driven production snowmobile.

Edited by krom

1 minute ago, krom said:

Everyone knows the DD was shelved because it won't work in modern rider forward chassis. 

Doo has copied the tsl rear from AC

both doo and poo copied the cast aluminum bulkhead from the RX1ton, poo went as far as coping the integrated chain case, and even yami's brake setup that makes you take it off before opening the chain case.

Most of the poo croo has amnesia when it comes to the copy cat 900 and 755 confusion disaster.

Polaris doesn't copy anyone,,, they perfect things.:news:

:lol:

Just now, J. Jackson said:

They were pretty wild for the time period from what I remember. Twin piped Poo bigbores I believe or maybe trips?

I think they had both. I think they were psi motors if I remember right. A lot of people on snowest had them back in the day. Those guys had some wild builds back then 

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Crazy mountain extreme. They also sold belt drive conversions like tki does now. Their sleds were Polaris based 

Yep, see one once in awhile for sale on Facebook. 

3 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Yep, see one once in awhile for sale on Facebook. 

Found an old thread cmx was posting on with pictures. They had cat twins, Polaris twins, 1500 big bores, turbos, you name it they used it. 

https://www.arcticchat.com/threads/anyone-own-a-cmx-sled-if-so-let-me-know.295484/

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Popped a stiffy over this.

Thanks.

This one that was racing the vintage class this weekend should add to it. Had a small crack in the back of the hood other than that immaculate and all original.

0E8A56F2-A4B1-411C-B233-1E055CF1990C.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

This one that was racing the vintage class this weekend should add to it. Had a small crack in the back of the hood other than that immaculate and all original.

0E8A56F2-A4B1-411C-B233-1E055CF1990C.jpeg

Freddie Kruger?

44 minutes ago, krom said:

Most of the poo croo has amnesia when it comes to the copy cat 900 and 755 confusion disaster.

Nope- I still have PTSD from that one..... Ask me about my 700......

Sad day.,..no, new Arctic Cats. . .   AC salesman said they sold out of Catalysts in 9 minutes.

What is Textron trying to Doo ?   Make us ride Canadian sleds 

20 hours ago, Kevin said:

I’ve owned Cats since the 90s.   The current ones have their share of problems too.   Cracked clutches; driveshafts spinning on the inside bearing race; high idle; exhaust flames and melted plastic; turbos blowing out the oil tank seals; etc…

Then there’s the annoyances.  They make more tunnel ice than either Poo or Doo.  Also, who the hell designs an oil fill tank made out of magnesium?  You can’t see the oil level.   A big issue?  No, but just plain dumb.

393988351_itsfine.jpg.88464d5335272e83858246a3e3749e77.jpg

1 minute ago, ICG said:

Sad day.,..no, new Arctic Cats. . .   AC salesman said they sold out of Catalysts in 9 minutes.

What is Textron trying to Doo ?   Make us ride Canadian sleds 

They sold out of the small percentage of catalysts that had been reserved for online sales, in 9 min.

Dealers all received an allocation of sleds, in big black letters the AC website says to contact your dealer, for availability. ......

image.thumb.png.47deec674587f360c9f38261f099f34d.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Polaris uses a lot more parts?? They use 2 cogs, a belt, 2 bolts and washers. Wouldn’t surprise me if it come from the same place.

18D9F079-CD58-4260-B088-285171766EE3.jpeg

Nice cherry picked microfish on that outdated belt system.
That doesn't show alot of the other components and how its hooked into the chassis, because Cat SMOKED POLARIS in that regard, or Polaris would have did it years ago for all of thier sleds.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, krom said:

They sold out of the small percentage of catalysts that had been reserved for online sales, in 9 min.

Dealers all received an allocation of sleds, in big black letters the AC website says to contact your dealer, for availability. ......

Cat is sold out!
Love to see all the Polaris and Ski-Doo simps crying thier eyes out.
Hey, alteast they can gloat about that killer gauge and outdated belt system Polaris never got anywhere near as nice as Cat. Innovation! lol

Edited by stinkipinki

$20,999 PLUS $845 of additional fees....  PLUS tax.....

For a dinosaur from a company that has no commitment to the sport at all, and after being left at the alter by Cat....

Can you imagine what it feels like right not being a Yamaha customer that was hoping for a Catalyst or better yet a genuine Yamaha chassis? Imagine what the dealers feel like? 

I'm shocked that the internet isn't all abuzz with excitement over the 2024 Yamaha line up...... :whiteflag:

Screenshot_20230314_174409_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

The ProCross won sled of the year in 14, runner up in 16, new suspension updates in 2020, along with newer plastics.
Ya'll act like its so far behind. That 998 Sidewinder still sells out.
Not saying the chassis isn't older, but hey, Polaris is running a 8 year old chassis, Doo is running a 6 year old chassis, its not like they are pushing the boundaries.

Edited by stinkipinki

7 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

That 998 Sidewinder still sells out.

Yep- all 14 of them.....

Nearly as many as the Catalyst....which is sold out too....

Edited by Ziemann
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, krom said:

After contacting Jericho  Outdoors, I was informed the were NOT allocated any Catalyst RXC models.  They have one blue sled for sale.

Zero green  Arctic Cats available 

2023 Leftovers can be found in garish yellow + black,  or black.