2024 Sleds... what's coming

31 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

We do the surveying and draw up the plans. Our engineer signs off on them. Who checks your cleaning? Rations your ammonia?

Errr, bullshit.  You hold the surveying stick so someone who is WAY fucking smarter can do actual real work.  Pretty obvious.  

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's Yamaha unveiling day :news:

Only question is do we get to see the best looking Catalyst this year or not?

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sure it did. Funny how I can get 5000 and still going. Maybe it is the operator? 

You have admitted many times over that you ride slower than my grandma.

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

No. It is a you thing. The cTecs are so far above the zuk. Parts are dwindling on those engines btw.

Interesting.  I've seen complete new Zuk's for sale for $1k.  Doesn't seem to be dwindling to me.  What is going to dwindle are parts for the ever changing Ctec.  I'd really hate to have a V1...

1 minute ago, p51mstg said:

I thought it was today, but when I go to Yamaha's web site, it says this:

image.thumb.png.fc3355bd50958fcce5c6f9aad960ac96.png

huh, thought it was the fourteenth? 

oh well... back to the bickering and third grade name calling then...  :news:

7 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Ain't no one copying a 8 year old chassis and even older chaincase setup.

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

What's coming is alot of Polaris butthurt oh wait it's already here 

Yay!!  Ramstad's circle jerk crew has arrived!! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mnstang said:

What's coming is alot of Polaris butthurt oh wait it's already here 

Hey, the new Polaris models...well, the revamped chassis they've had since 2015,  comes in lots of pretty colors with lots of customization. And it don't stop there! A $65 GPS gauge will only run you $2800!

Now get out there and start ordering boys!
Chaincase fluid is cheap to change and those older steering systems are good for keeping your arms strong! For only 25K you can get a Polaris Boost and have the performance of a 10 year old F1100 Turbo! Fuck yea! And since Marketshare is so good, you won't have any trouble getting a dealer to service your engine that lasts 4000 miles before it explodes!

Polaris and Ski-Doo. We dominate everything, except the race track,  innovation, performance, handling, engines, drivetrains and longevity! So what if a 998 goes 15,000 miles at 300HP and still runs strong! Look at these pretty colors!

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Yes, and no, not like this.

Let me guess, u were the #1 cheerleader for diamond drive too?  U have zero insight, other than marketing hype,  on how this belt drive system will work out.  If the jackshaft is on an eccentric how do they control drive belt center distance?   Cat introduced an adjustment method instead of a fixed center distance on their belt drive and your creaming your panties steady about it like its some engineering breakthrough.  You don't even know why they chose that method vs a tensioner.    Gearing changes are available for polaris too.  You are very simple minded and just regurgitate marketing material and have no clue how any of the catalyst will work long term.

Edited by Boonbocker1

37 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Let me guess, u were the #1 cheerleader for diamond drive too?  U have zero insight, other than marketing hype,  on how this belt drive system will work out.  If the jackshaft is on an eccentric how do they control drive belt center distance?   Cat introduced an adjustment method instead of a fixed center distance on their belt drive and your creaming your panties steady about it like its some engineering breakthrough.  You don't even know why they chose that method vs a tensioner.    Gearing changes are available for polaris too.  You are very simple minded and just regurgitate marketing material and have no clue how any of the catalyst will work long term.

I wasn't a cheerleader, but diamond drive was a pretty damn good setup.  Lightweight and reliable.  

26 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Notice the tube is in Cat Colors...😂😂😂

You win the internet today!! LOL :lol2:

Regarding Diamond Drive - I admit, I was super excited about that when I bought my '07 F8.  It seemed like it was really going to be the next industry wide innovation.  I don't know how much Cat paid Black Diamond for that technology, but I bet if they could go back in time ... they wouldn't have made that deal.  We'll see how the belt drive technology plays out - it's gonna be interesting.

Edited by Bontz
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

On the bold, drive belt CTC is controlled by the TCL.

Most everything else you said is right.

1 hour ago, Boonbocker1 said:

on how this belt drive system will work out.  

The video explains it pretty well.
And Diamond Drive was good as long as you changed the fluid every 2K miles.
I had DD on my 2006 F7 EFI and 2010 F8 Sno Pro, I never had a mechanical issue with either sled, other then having to re-clamp the F7's fuel line on the fuel rail cause it popped off.

Edited by stinkipinki

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yamaha was always the best looking cat.

I'd like to see a new SXR6 in a catalyst shassy with ohlins.  ;)

03_sxr_600.jpg

03_sxr_600___2.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 2