2024 Sleds... what's coming

I'm triggered and I'll bite. :-)

As a trailer trash, toothless Cheesehead that lives in this shithole (that is full of visiting Minnesota riders :-)), I'll stand up on the soap box and beat you all in to submission. 

I groom and have to secure easements. Whether you Boondockers will acknowledge it or not, this is an issue. Do you Boondocking guys think the off trail riding makes it easy for clubs to secure easements from cautious land owners? I can site countless examples of where I have had to apologize for someone else's behavior. 

Stay on the fucking trails or go somewhere else.

With that said, there are some areas where there is some off trail riding up in the Bayfield peninsula, but those areas are limited. Those areas have become more limited for a reason. Snowmobiling IS a diverse sport, but we have made it less diverse due to poor rider behavior. 

The only people that tend to argue with me about it are people that don't live up here. They don't have a stake in this like we do.  

*steps calmly back off of the rickety old cheese crate*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I’m hoping Ski-Doo is releasing a new, 900 Turbo with a 174 3.5”. I find the 174 better keeps the front end planted when I’m shredding the freshies in Farmer John’s dairy pasture. Trail riding is for boomers. 

They wouldn’t route trails though big fields of untouched pow pow if they didn’t want you to ride there.

43 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

As a trailer trash, toothless Cheesehead that lives in this shithole (that is full of visiting Minnesota riders :-)), I'll stand up on the soap box and beat you all in to submission. 

I groom and have to secure easements. Whether you Boondockers will acknowledge it or not, this is an issue. Do you Boondocking guys think the off trail riding makes it easy for clubs to secure easements from cautious land owners? I can site countless examples of where I have had to apologize for someone else's behavior. 

With that said, there are some areas where there is some off trail riding up in the Bayfield peninsula, but those areas are limited. Those areas have become more limited for a reason. Snowmobiling IS a diverse sport, but we have made it less diverse due to poor rider behavior. 

The only people that tend to argue with me about it are people that don't live up here. They don't have a stake in this like we do.  

amen 

same goes for the fucksticks from IL, IA, IN and even southern Wisconsin that think they're entitled to ride wherever the fuck they please on private property which clubs secure easement to and locals enjoy utilizing.  

A trail pass only entitles you to ride ON THE TRAIL.

Leave your f'ng mountain cans home too please.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

On the bold. Louder for the people in the back. I've been there too. A guy almost feels bad trying to persuade a landowner to continue a lease after someone f's it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

On the bold. Louder for the people in the back. I've been there too. A guy almost feels bad trying to persuade a landowner to continue a lease after someone f's it up.

if I've said it once I've said it a thousand times...

snowmobilers will kill this sport long before global warming or climate change does.  then, 'off trail' WILL be the only place left to ride. 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if I've said it once I've said it a thousand times...

snowmobilers will kill this sport long before global warming or climate change does.  then, 'off trail' WILL be the only place left to ride. 

That’s good, it will be better for the economy, country and the sport as a whole. Dealers can sell more high end big bores and turbo sleds. Way better profit margins on $20,000+ mountain sleds than econobox, short track trail sleds. Truck dealers will sell more 3/4 ton and bigger diesel trucks, trailer dealers will sell more enclosed trailers, gas stations will sell more fuel, dealers will sell more shovels, backpacks and accessories. Credit Unions and OEM’s will make more from high interest rates, the Forest Service will get more revenue from parking and access fees, hotels & air BnB’s will get more money from lodging, Instagram will get more ad revenue from all the beautiful mountain selfies, snowmobile clubs can finally stop grooming and sell their equipment and transform into UTV clubs and finally boomers will have more time to get on forums bitching about how th8ngs changed. 

I don’t see a problem with where things could head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

That’s good, it will be better for the economy, country and the sport as a whole. Dealers can sell more high end big bores and turbo sleds. Way better profit margins on $20,000+ mountain sleds than econobox, short track trail sleds. Truck dealers will sell more 3/4 ton and bigger diesel trucks, trailer dealers will sell more enclosed trailers, gas stations will sell more fuel, dealers will sell more shovels, backpacks and accessories. Credit Unions and OEM’s will make more from high interest rates, the Forest Service will get more revenue from parking and access fees, hotels & air BnB’s will get more money from lodging, Instagram will get more ad revenue from all the beautiful mountain selfies, snowmobile clubs can finally stop grooming and sell their equipment and transform into UTV clubs and finally boomers will have more time to get on forums bitching about how th8ngs changed. 

I don’t see a problem with where things could head. 

seems you put a great deal of thought and keystrokes into that post... so I'll give it a 'like'