Check your account email address ×

2024 Sleds... what's coming

25 minutes ago, jdsky said:

And it's still what they are until they actually ship something relevant which they have not.  

Bring on the marching band, cat sold out of spring orders!  This is huge news for cat.  Two dealers I work with sold out of spring orders last season.  They will be selling out again.  It's called limited supply. 

How many catalysts did each dealer even get to take orders for?  Anyone actually know?  My dealer tried to order 150 more sleds than he could get his hands on last year.  That might be the total number of catalysts getting built for 24'.  

This doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Selling out, okay, what were they capable of manufacturering, 50 R-XC’s? 100 R-XC’s? I doubt it was a large number and limiting the number of snow checks isn’t going to grow your brand into prosperity. The longer Textron runs Cat the worse things seem to get.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I'm sure Cat will re-position and meet demand...having trouble keeping up building them is the best news Arctic Cat could get.

No way its that low of a number, I'd say its much more.

Your optimism while admirable is borderline fanatical. 

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

And it's still what they are until they actually ship something relevant which they have not.  

Bring on the marching band, cat sold out of spring orders!  This is huge news for cat.  Two dealers I work with sold out of spring orders last season.  They will be selling out again.  It's called limited supply. 

How many catalysts did each dealer even get to take orders for?  Anyone actually know?  My dealer tried to order 150 more sleds than he could get his hands on last year.  That might be the total number of catalysts getting built for 24'.  

Saw a guy on Facebook claiming his dealers allocation was 6 sleds of various models.

14 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Saw a guy on Facebook claiming his dealers allocation was 6 sleds of various models.

So his dealer sold 12 sleds. 6 thunder cats and 6 catalyst?cats really gonna show the competition on how to sell sleds. Hahah 

10 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

So his dealer sold 12 sleds. 6 thunder cats and 6 catalyst?cats really gonna show the competition on how to sell sleds. Hahah 

Depends on dealer size.  I don't see to much action on the poo side on here. Hell, they are all over here on the Catalyst site. Why is that? 

38 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Depends on dealer size.  I don't see to much action on the poo side on here. Hell, they are all over here on the Catalyst site. Why is that? 

Because cat isn’t building very many sleds people want. If they sold out in 2 hours they arent building many. There isn’t that many snowmobile buyers anymore. 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Derrrr, this is the general forum dumbass

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdsky said:

Have him call the north east, there are plenty of doo's stacked up at every dealership. They are offering $2k off.  Parts unlimited rep says that his entire territory is loaded down with doo's that customers walked away from.  Poo dealers aren't in bad shape, but will be carrying product over the summer, closest one has 4 boost models and around 50 others on the floor.

Dealer allocation was based on the last couple years of sales.  The more you sold, the more you get.

Online ordering didn't effect allocation numbers at all, dealer who was got a hundred sleds on allocation, could have a hundred customers order online, and still get their allocation of 100 for the floor.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, HSR said:

I was trying to be nice @hayward told me I need to work on my social skills :lol:

Accepting reality is tough for old grumps living like its 2022, and their brains get old causing dips in math...what jack in the ass says Cat built and sold only a small number of sleds after making sleds for several decades? The same old grump jackass who always shows his insecurity, but a god mod nonetheless😁

9 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Because cat isn’t building very many sleds people want. If they sold out in 2 hours they arent building many. There isn’t that many snowmobile buyers anymore. 

This info is all over the place, but I'll repeat it: Between 70% and 80% of the machines ac plans on building got allocated to dealers last week.  The remaining ones went onsale this morning, on the website.  I was told to let customers know that the catalyst trail sleds had sold out roughly 15 min after the website started taking orders.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

Accepting reality is tough for old grumps living like its 2022, and their brains get old causing dips in math...what jack in the ass says Cat built and sold only a small number of sleds after making sleds for several decades? The same old grump jackass who always shows his insecurity, but a god mod nonetheless😁

What da fuck you talkin bout Willis ?

14 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Hey id be grumpy too if the only thing my sled brand did better then the competition was a $65 touchscreen gauge and marketshare.

5 minutes ago, krom said:

This info is all over the place, but I'll repeat it: Between 70% and 80% of the machines ac plans on building got allocated to dealers last week.  The remaining ones went onsale this morning, on the website.  I was told to let customers know that the catalyst trail sleds had sold out roughly 15 min after the website started taking orders.

So do you know actual number there abouts or just percentages of how they were distributed?

17 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

My dealer allocation was filled months ago. Online orders sold out faster than your boyfriend c

Just now, HSR said:

So do you know actual number there abouts or just percentages of how they were distributed?

Millions. Make that more than poo sold today. Get over the fucking market share BS! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HSR said:

I was trying to be nice @hayward told me I need to work on my social skills :lol:

don't be too nice to @hayward ... he growls, spits and cusses too much.  probably because he rides sleds you can no longer get parts for intended for children and demure women.

2 hours ago, hayward said:

Well done! It’ll take more time , but it’ll come! You’ll get there!

take it easy on @HSR, he's still dealing with the fallout of the departure of 550 leaving and not getting the maglite shipped to him.  not easy being a moderator round here. 

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

we're going to pre-sell and build as many sleds as possible for 2024

not comprehendible to that parent corporation... 

1 hour ago, krom said:

This info is all over the place, but I'll repeat it: Between 70% and 80% of the machines ac plans on building got allocated to dealers last week.  The remaining ones went on sale this morning, on the website.  I was told to let customers know that the catalyst trail sleds had sold out roughly 15 min after the website started taking orders.

so the remaining dealers will be getting roughly how many sleds?  how many sleds roughly were sold this morning?  interesting... 

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

My dealer allocation was filled months ago. Online orders sold out faster than your boyfriend c

Millions. Make that more than poo sold today. Get over the fucking market share BS! 

anchorman-news-team.gif

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

So I will be able to go buy a catalyst off show room floor next season??? Doubt it 

6 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

So I will be able to go buy a catalyst off show room floor next season??? Doubt it 

No! You wont, unless someone backs out. After riding one, no one will. 

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

No! You wont, unless someone backs out. After riding one, no one will. 

Then that blows you all your “allocation” or what ever you want to call it out of the water. Whatever cat is building is low, limited and sold out.