2024 Sleds... what's coming

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'll have to trust you... ;)

because the only couple guys I know that do OTR do it in either the Yoop or Alaska

Many trail guys have a very narrow window for what they think snowmobiling is. 

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Many trail guys have a very narrow window for what they think snowmobiling is. 

possibly, but as we've discussed before there's little to no opportunity for OTR close to where I live... and the vast majority of my riding friends ride trails here.  I also see quite a few folks all season long driving to Northern WI and the UP with full on mtn sleds, and that I find quite hilarious, as do people from Northern WI and the Yoop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

possibly, but as we've discussed before there's little to no opportunity for OTR close to where I live... and the vast majority of my riding friends ride trails here.  I also see quite a few folks all season long driving to Northern WI and the UP with full on mtn sleds, and that I find quite hilarious, as do people from Northern WI and the Yoop.

Like I said very narrow window/bubble 

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk as I'm not about to sit and research it all, but even if you are correct that's still 600 or 700 new sleds for P&D getting floor planned.

isn't Mies Outland a big MN Powersports Dealer? 

75 in St Cloud/Watkins https://www.miesoutlandstcloud.com/--inventory?category=snowmobile&condition=new&pg=1

Kens shows 75 https://kenssports.com/Showroom/New-Inventory/New/Snowmobiles (7 Cats) (68 Polaris)

Mies has more than one store and carries skidoo and Polaris. At the end of the day of they have 75 sleds on hand, of 2 manufactures, at multiple locations isn’t out of line. They are probably the biggest snowmobile dealer in the state. the other thing to consider looking at that list is they are way over stocked on mountain sleds. That is a key sign people aren’t buying mountain sleds and heading out west from Minnesota right now. Imo people bought trail sleds and road local. We have had the best riding season in Minnesota in years this season. It’s been great up until about Monday. I was out towards central Minnesota on Thursday and everything still looked to be rideable and decent from the road. 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ok Mn Turcotte... 

Don't get defensive I'm just explaining it to you, was that supposed to be a dig anyway, I don't get it?  Am I supposed to be sorry that I ride offtrail?  Clearly there are people that ride offtrail, you said you see the sleds on the road.  But you don't know the people or where they're riding or of the opportunities... Just proving my point further.  It's not my fault.  You live in a world where you are just focused on riding groomed trails and that's what snowmobiling is to you.  That's fine.  Join the club of trail riders that are like you, that's what I was saying. Read my posts again without your fragile ego this time.  I'm just explaining there is this thing that people do that is also on snowmobiles that isn't what you do and very likely isn't what you think it is.

27 minutes ago, jdsky said:

There is no legal off trail riding for the public in WI other than ditches and right of way's and there are rules and limitations on that as well.

there's some in NW Wis by Ashland... and I think unplowed forest service roads in the national forests

but I could be wrong... 

@SayatodaU.P.eh? knows where some of the goods are in the UP but if memory serves he goes places that aren't 'popular'

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's some in NW Wis by Ashland... and I think unplowed forest service roads in the national forests

but I could be wrong... 

@SayatodaU.P.eh? knows where some of the goods are in the UP but if memory serves he goes places that aren't 'popular'

Grandma’s flower garden is fair game in Wisconsin 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

but I could be wrong... 

I actually strictly avoid all of the popular places. They were good 10-15 years ago. Now they’re over run with 20 year old riding wheelies all day on their Summits with Jaws cans on them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I actually strictly avoid all of the popular places. They were good 10-15 years ago. Now they’re over run with 20 year old riding wheelies all day on their Summits with Jaws cans on them. 

those must be the type I see all winter long heading north with their brodozers and sled decks  :ok:

21 hours ago, jdsky said:

This is the only US offer I am seeing from Doo and it does not include any rebates....  But, how would this be a bad thing anyway?  Rebates were something everyone looked forward to pre-scamdemic and Doo always started offering them in early January. 

As a consumer getting back to dealers having excess inventory and factory rebates is a sign of getting back to some sort of normal market conditions.  

I'm sick and fucking tired of the situation where you are begging a dealer for a chance at a Spring order at full MSRP and that MSRP is fucking $20K plus.  That shit needs to be done.

I'm not surprised Cat has zero inventory.  You have to build sleds to have them sitting in inventory.

offers.png

Do you want me to record and attach the radio adds?, If I remember, I'll take a pic of the huge billboard that is advertising the discount

Edited by krom

7 hours ago, jdsky said:

There is no legal off trail riding for the public in WI other than ditches and right of way's and there are rules and limitations on that as well.

That sounds awful. 

18 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Mies has more than one store and carries skidoo and Polaris. At the end of the day of they have 75 sleds on hand, of 2 manufactures, at multiple locations isn’t out of line. They are probably the biggest snowmobile dealer in the state. the other thing to consider looking at that list is they are way over stocked on mountain sleds. That is a key sign people aren’t buying mountain sleds and heading out west from Minnesota right now. Imo people bought trail sleds and road local. We have had the best riding season in Minnesota in years this season. It’s been great up until about Monday. I was out towards central Minnesota on Thursday and everything still looked to be rideable and decent from the road. 

On the bold, can anyone tell me if a Pro RMK 9R with a 165 2.75” paddle is faster than a Pro Khaos Slash Boost with a 165 3”? We mostly ride 2” of fresh wet snow, no base in the soybean fields until the cops chase us off.

7 minutes ago, AK440 said:

That sounds awful. 

On the bold, can anyone tell me if a Pro RMK 9R with a 165 2.75” paddle is faster than a Pro Khaos Slash Boost with a 165 3”? We mostly ride 2” of fresh wet snow, no base in the soybean fields until the cops chase us off.

Can't help you there I mostly run a 95 EXT on snirt.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Can't help you there I mostly run a 95 EXT on snirt.

I’m just wondering if I should change my quick drive gearing for more speed? Once we dig down into the top soil the traction is pretty good during launching.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, krom said:

Do you want me to record and attach the radio adds?, If I remember, I'll take a pic of the huge billboard that is advertising the discount

BRP puts all of their factory promotions and rebates on the website.  Always has.  Local dealerships?  Definitely could be.  They can sell the sleds for whatever they want.

Bottom line is this is a great thing for sledders and hardly anything new for BRP.  It would happen every season prior to the parts shortage. 

At any rate, they are offering rebates on Can Am products and here they are on the website....

can am.png

Edited by jdsky

11 hours ago, jdsky said:

I doubt that is true.  Do you have national forests, state forests, state land, county land, university land or private land open to the public?  I don't know much about Wisconsin but it sounds like a shit hole if you are correct.

• Haha 1

Yes, complete shit hole with 25,000 miles of maintained snowmobile trails that the majority of is across privately owned property.

The state and federal land that I am familiar with has designated maintained trails and off trail is not permitted.  Sure you can ride the forest roads but exactly what is the fucking point of riding on a graded road that ends at a paved road vs riding on a maintained trail?  

In Northern WI the UP is close for those that want to find legal off trail.

• Thanks 1