2024 Sleds... what's coming

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Because you read it on the internet's!

no, I've seen it in person.  have a lot of friends that ride Doo's.  they just... tip over?

also, in actual rough conditions even the serious Doo's snap like twigs... but don't take my word for it

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, I've seen it in person.  have a lot of friends that ride Doo's.  they just... tip over?

also, in actual rough conditions even the serious Doo's snap like twigs... but don't take my word for it

I’d hazard a guess it’s not the doo that is tippy it’s probably the old fat bastards you ride with that are to lazy to put any effort into riding 🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

sort've, but they tip over in a mild breeze and the s module can fall out loading it onto a trailer.  premium... 

Ah, no, that's just silly

5 hours ago, krom said:

If you mean its a tin can that bends modules when loading on the trailer, has a POS single ply track, and is sprung and valved for an old fat guy to cruise at 30 mph, while thinking he's bad ass you'd be right.

If you are trying to claim it is tough enough, sprung, valved, and comes with a track that can hold up to actual aggressive riding or racing, your mushrooms come dried out in a sandwich bag, instead of from the grocery store.

This is more accurate..........not

On 3/22/2023 at 1:00 AM, Not greg b said:

Do you know how many people on Facebook groups have gave up thinking they can’t get one because the online says sold out?? It’s a bad move. 

Seems clear textron is new at this whole selling to consumers thing. Snowtech mentioned they are moving some of the corporate positions they took away from Cat back to MN so hopefully that will help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

know why Lynx trail sleds aren't selling well... otb

not my words, a BRP dealer who's honest

That's what makes me want one...although I assume they are made for midgets so I've never even bothered to sit on one.

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

I've got 17000kms on my gen 4, no bent anything.

You're not supposed to run into trees.

You more than likely are one of those idiots that drive beyond your capabilities.

How many miles you got this year?

Can you still get the drain plug out of the chain case? I serviced about 40-50 g4 850s and 600s this year even a few 600 and ace turbos, I’d say around 50-60% were tweaked enough you couldn’t get the Allen key in the drain plug. Couldn’t tell to the naked eye and it’s not a ton of movement but tweaked nonetheless. Roughly 1-5k mile sleds all trim levels

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Can you still get the drain plug out of the chain case? I serviced about 40-50 g4 850s and 600s this year even a few 600 and ace turbos, I’d say around 50-60% were tweaked enough you couldn’t get the Allen key in the drain plug. Couldn’t tell to the naked eye and it’s not a ton of movement but tweaked nonetheless. Roughly 1-5k mile sleds all trim levels

No issue.

Make sure Allen key is fully seated. Hole is not deep.

Don't over tighten at all. Snug is good

17 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

No issue.

Make sure Allen key is fully seated. Hole is not deep.

Don't over tighten at all. Snug is good

What does that have to do with the chassis being tweaked to where the access hole doesn’t line up with the plug 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

A hammer opens just about any chain case. But who actually changes it anymore?

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Seems clear textron is new at this whole selling to consumers thing. Snowtech mentioned they are moving some of the corporate positions they took away from Cat back to MN so hopefully that will help.

They are not new to selling directly to the end user. They are very bad at it. They had a whole division to do it with factory stores. They killed it off about 5 years ago as it lost them so much money. They need to step back and let their arctic cat dealers do the selling. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

A hammer opens just about any chain case. But who actually changes it anymore?

Literally nobody. I do a lot of sleds for a used powersports dealer and it’s amazing how uncared for and absolutely smoked some of these 2000 mile sleds are.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Literally nobody. I do a lot of sleds for a used powersports dealer and it’s amazing how uncared for and absolutely smoked some of these 2000 mile sleds are.

Does chaincase oil break down in 2000 miles? How high of a temp does oil in a case get?

Edited by J. Jackson

36 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Does chaincase oil break down in 2000 miles? How high of a temp does oil in a case get?

It might not break down but it’s in a system with a lot of wear and shock load. It also gets moisture in it from heating and cooling. Once moisture gets in bearings, which are in the chaincase, there’s a distinct possibility for bad things to happen. I’m talking about sleds as a whole though not just the cc, nobody owns a grease gun or a pair of eyeballs to look their $18k sleds over any more.

16 hours ago, Palu49 said:

It might not break down but it’s in a system with a lot of wear and shock load. It also gets moisture in it from heating and cooling. Once moisture gets in bearings, which are in the chaincase, there’s a distinct possibility for bad things to happen. I’m talking about sleds as a whole though not just the cc, nobody owns a grease gun or a pair of eyeballs to look their $18k sleds over any more.

Probably why they have removed all the grease fittings now. I think the procross has 2 

11 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Probably why they have removed all the grease fittings now. I think the procross has 2 

Depending on the shock package, up to 4. Two on the rear scissors, one on the front arm cross mount bar to the rails and one on where the QS rear shock attaches to the rail pivot. On the 139 Catslyst, there could be 5 since it has a shaft tying the rear arm to the tunnel.

Edited by ZR6000RR

33 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Are you ok?

if you put almost 11,000 miles on a tin can G4, you make dumbstead look like a championship winning snowcross racer.

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2023 at 5:50 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

:)

Which two did you order?  I'm assuming one is an RXC for yourself and... ? 

The shorty has my interest but there's a few pieces on the RXC I prefer... and I don't believe I want a 137.

Sorry so late answering you C2C....been out of the country for a couple weeks....

ZR 137 ATAC Galaxy Blue

and of course the R-XC.........

To be honest, the 129 uncoupled had my interest also. But the conditions we did our demo ride on, the ATAC 137 was better. Along with the fact that my wife MAY ride whatever other Catalyst I ordered, I stuck with what she will be best on.  I'm sure I'll get some time on a 129 next season in real world conditions and that may change my mind. Especially once it gets some traction..... And it could be a consideration for the 2025 with what ever big bore is coming

• Like 2