2024 Sleds... what's coming

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

Im not a brand loyal diaper filling thumbsucker like you and your butt buddies.

What's wrong with diaper filling? Jim does it all of the time....

download (3).jpg

Edited by Ziemann
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

This is why cat needs a tv screen for a gauge. How am I going to select my hp with a brick?

38B9C4E6-1689-402D-8B66-F8CEE0139903.jpeg

AFIK all the companies tuning cat turbos have had this feature for years.  Hell with the newer left switch block, you can change settings without taking your hand off the bars.
Also they'll make more hp on pump gas, than the poo on race fuel.

11 minutes ago, krom said:

AFIK all the companies tuning cat turbos have had this feature for years.  Hell with the newer left switch block, you can change settings without taking your hand off the bars.

What would have happened if Yamaha wouldn't have stepped in at that time.  Sure was a hard pill to swallow for the MADCATTER'S.  Now yet another divorce on the horizon for an engine supplier.

9 minutes ago, Doug said:

What would have happened if Yamaha wouldn't have stepped in at that time.  Sure was a hard pill to swallow for the MADCATTER'S.  Now yet another divorce on the horizon for an engine supplier.

Yami would be out of the sled business, if they weren't paying ac to build sleds for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Interesting, I tuned the Escalade with HP Tuners and thought I'd be clever and put a PC in the truck to make tuning easier from whenever.  I found it sucks donkey to manipulate anything little from a touch screen.  Choosing between presets was fine, but manipulating anything not.  EwOSnn7.jpg

Either way, I have zero interest in a 2 stroke with a ton of extra boost.  Talk about a failure waiting to happen...

I’ve done a few L5P duramax’s and you can load 5 tunes in them and switch with steering wheel controls now instead of a 5 switch. Not as much of a place for it in gas vehicles but it’s neat. If you waited a few years you coulda just got a Bluetooth MPVI and made tune changes right from your phone. 

2 minutes ago, krom said:

Yami would be out of the sled business, if they weren't paying ac to build sleds for them.

Lol.  Yamaha becomes a engine supplier and gets a blue Arctic Cat with their motor.  Arctic Cat stays in business, gains EPA credits with a 4 stroke and can still use the dirty Suzuki because their 800 is not ready.

Yamaha is sure lucky Arctic Cat came along. xD

30 minutes ago, Doug said:

Lol.  Yamaha becomes a engine supplier and gets a blue Arctic Cat with their motor.  Arctic Cat stays in business, gains EPA credits with a 4 stroke and can still use the dirty Suzuki because their 800 is not ready.

Yamaha is sure lucky Arctic Cat came along. xD

Alot of consumers come to Yamaha for engines.
Bass Boats MFS are all over them. 

The 998, is still, the King, unless you get into supermod.
They build a great fucking engine.

On 3/15/2023 at 6:10 AM, HSR said:

Now you're catching on :lol: Cat guys desperately trying to act like a 600cc is supposed to generate all this BS hype :lol: Hello it's not 1998 anymore!!!!! Oh and nobody is buying a 600 because their brand won a CC race. I would bet 98% of sledders don't even care. But by all means keep acting like it's the second coming of christ, it's hilarious.

And what do they care about then? The latest wrap Chris Burant put on his RMK? 

2 minutes ago, AK440 said:

And what do they care about then? The latest wrap Chris Burant put on his RMK? 

Sleds that makes more than 125 hp :thumb:. Big bores have been the biggest market for many years, not sure why you can't understand that. It'll still be slower than the poo 650.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Sleds that makes more than 125 hp :thumb:. Big bores have been the biggest market for many years, not sure why you can't understand that. It'll still be slower than the poo 650.

That’s unsustainable. You really believe the sled market is going to continue on into the future being propped up by boomers buying only the most expensive, top of the line sleds? Ask Harley Davidson how well that worked out for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AK440 said:

That’s unsustainable. You really believe the sled market is going to continue on into the future being propped up by boomers buying only the most expensive, top of the line sleds? Ask Harley Davidson how well that worked out for them.

How many off trail or mountain riders want to step back to less power?? Do you think that market means nothing?

What is the benefit these days to owning a 600 over an 800+? There is none other than for those that don't like to have too much power or speed.

19 minutes ago, AK440 said:

That’s unsustainable. 

Maybe in your neck of the woods, but the 800cc+ market has been strong for over a decade & will continue for years to come.  You bitch/laugh about where we ride, yet it's where the largest sample of consumers reside and the 160+ HP class far outnumbers the (insert your HP number) 600cc class sleds.  Around these parts, there's plenty of young blood purchasing the bigger displacement sleds ... including turbo models.  Heck, even my riding buddies ... their wives ... are on 800 class sleds (and they ride them very well when we decide to wick it up a bit).

Sorry, but you're wrong ... and the manufacturers know it.  Just wait until Cat comes out with their big bore in the Catalyst - I bet the 600 numbers will drop dramatically for MY2025.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I’ve done a few L5P duramax’s and you can load 5 tunes in them and switch with steering wheel controls now instead of a 5 switch. Not as much of a place for it in gas vehicles but it’s neat. If you waited a few years you coulda just got a Bluetooth MPVI and made tune changes right from your phone. 

I built it 8 years ago.  About to say goodbye to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, krom said:

I might need to view nsp’s YouTube to make sure I select the correct tune and helix at the same time. Need big tv screen for this feature. They probably invented all of that. 

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

I built it 8 years ago.  About to say goodbye to it.

Honestly those 2000s gm SUV’s are hard to beat. I hated my duramax but loved my beater 03 Tahoe. I want a 2500 suburban but it’s hard to find nice ones even down south

3 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Alot of consumers come to Yamaha for engines.
Bass Boats MFS are all over them. 

The 998, is still, the King, unless you get into supermod.
They build a great fucking engine.

Yamaha.jpeg