2024 Sleds... what's coming

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Gotta link? 

Do you want to see the Boost gaping everything at the Weenie Roast? 

Are you just making shit up now? I can't find anything bout ICE raiding Polaris :dunno:

Upstate Blake. In the same video he “beats a tuned sidewinder” to 80 but the sidewinder is sitting still and he’s got a 40mph head start to get there 3 lengths ahead.

edit- the boost “races” the sidewinder not the cfr

Edited by Palu49

10 hours ago, Bontz said:

LOL ... thanks Bryan!! :lol2:

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't even on that ride ... it was my annual guys trip we do, but I wasn't part of it because I didn't have my sled yet.  But I got that report when they came back, and it sounded like it was a pretty brutal stretch (the boys were over on Nelson Lake that evening and came home via that route).  When I was on that stretch a couple weeks ago, it was Birkie weekend and we rode from Namakagon back down to the cabin in Ojibwa.  That particular stretch of trail was an absolute ribbon ... double groomed, and we were the first ones on it.  Actually, I was the first one on it as I was leading.  It was fantastic!

I was on that trail Birkie weekend also, fantastic!

Well... that's it for MY 2024

Nothing new from the Poo crew or Yammer.  Cat finally joined the fun factor club but failed to have their big bore ready and Ski Douche did an us too turbo trail sled. 

Yippee 😁

The only thing left for ridiculous bragging points now is the SOTY award from Snowtrax... and the RAD award.  :roflcrying: 

Looks like I might get one more weekend of riding on the kids sled you can no longer get parts for and the tow truck.  

2021 Ctech 6000 with 1700 miles needs a teardown to diagnose the cause of this on the PTO side... Speculation is a fueling issue.  Joy!

IMG_20230308_202858908.jpg

The slotted piston design and fuel injection method Cat pioneered is 2nd to none!  Its the industry benchmark in terms of performance and reliability.   Its so much better than the competition's SDI system and ETEC.  Cat got this design right the 1st time, cudos to them!

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Shit, sorry. For once I wish jimwit was right and ctechs didn't burn down.

pulled a fuel sample and 12 hours later I'm not seeing any water/fuel separation.  will monitor it for a couple more days.

well, we'll see what we see when we see...  

IMG_20230315_190754103.jpg

9 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

The slotted piston design and fuel injection method Cat pioneered is 2nd to none!  Its the industry benchmark in terms of performance and reliability.   Its so much better than the competition's SDI system and ETEC.  Cat got this design right the 1st time, cudos to them!

I've seen failed etec injectors and the catastrophe caused live and in person... so don't get too smug sport.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

7 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I thought Boondocker was being sarcastic.  If that was not, then OMG.

either way, I'm not concerned about pointing out the foibles of my preferred brand or the others.  all 2S engines are ticking time bombs really 

16 minutes ago, jdsky said:

It's only bad when the two stroke that fails is the one you own.

Actually I don't like it when any brands or anyone's fails.  Sad day regardless.

...okay, I guess I'd laugh if Jimwit's broke but that is only because he deems it as "impossible" and is so fucking blind it'd be good for him, but no one else.

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Actually I don't like it when any brands or anyone's fails.  Sad day regardless.

...okay, I guess I'd laugh if Jimwit's broke but that is only because he deems it as "impossible" and is so fucking blind it'd be good for him, but no one else.

Agreed ... it sucks to see anyone lose riding time.  It still results in some ball busting, but in the end it sucks to see it happen.  Yes, even my buddy @mnstang - I would feel bad if his Cat failed him.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

I thought Boondocker was being sarcastic.  If that was not, then OMG.

Its definitely sarcastic.   I'm not sure Cat still runs a slotted piston and the injection method they touted as 1st class just a few yrs ago.  I believe they run a SDI system now, which is very similar to poos set up, the same system Cat claimed was sub par.    

Blown engines are not fun, no matter the brand

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Its definitely sarcastic.   I'm not sure Cat still runs a slotted piston and the injection method they touted as 1st class just a few yrs ago.  I believe they run a SDI system now, which is very similar to poos set up, the same system Cat claimed was sub par.    

Blown engines are not fun, no matter the brand

Cat's direct injection is unlike CFI and SDI, however fuel injected/direct injected engines will always have certain similarities. 
As far as trail fails, its the worst. It's usually something silly like a popped relay, faulty starter or something along those lines. If its a motor issue its usually been detonation related...this has always been the big one for sleds, when EFI systems over compensate and spray in too much fuel, or not enough. Those late 2000 years to like 2015ish were rough for BRP and Pull-Your-Ass to meet the new emission standards while Cat was still running that stinky, but solid 160HP Zuke.

Edited by stinkipinki

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Cat's direct injection is unlike CFI and SDI, however fuel injected/direct injected engines will always have certain similarities. 
As far as trail fails, its the worst. It's usually something silly like a popped relay, faulty starter or something along those lines. If its a motor issue its usually been detonation related...this has always been the big one for sleds, when EFI systems over compensate and spray in too much fuel, or not enough. Those late 2000 years to like 2015ish were rough for BRP and Pull-Your-Ass to meet the new emission standards while Cat was still running that stinky, but solid 160HP Zuke.

How is it different?  What is cat doing differently than poo?

42 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

How is it different?  What is cat doing differently than poo?

Lubricating the rust pin with oil through the piston slot on the 600 engine is how. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Lubricating the rust pin with oil through the piston slot on the 600 engine is how. 

Same thing Rupp and Zenoha did in the 70's

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Is this the same as the 400 and 800 engines?  Does the new catalyst 600 engine retain this feature?  Has the 800 ctec ever used this design, do they still use it?

600 DSI runs slotted piston, al low load fuel goes on top of the piston into the combustion chamber, at high load/rpm fuel also goes through the slot into the case to cool and lube the piston, crank, and all bearings.

18-19 800 was slotted piston, 20 up doesn't have the slot

30 minutes ago, krom said:

600 DSI runs slotted piston, al low load fuel goes on top of the piston into the combustion chamber, at high load/rpm fuel also goes through the slot into the case to cool and lube the piston, crank, and all bearings.

18-19 800 was slotted piston, 20 up doesn't have the slot

Sounds familiar to the early poo 4 injector CFI where the auxiliary injector only was used during high load.   Slotted piston sounds like a different way of accomplishing the same result?

Why did the 800 go away from this design?   So now that the slot is gone its really similiar to the poo setup?

3 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Sounds familiar to the early poo 4 injector CFI where the auxiliary injector only was used during high load.   Slotted piston sounds like a different way of accomplishing the same result?

Why did the 800 go away from this design?   So now that the slot is gone its really similiar to the poo setup?

How about your slide rails and a arms?

43 minutes ago, mnstang said:

How about your slide rails and a arms?

The non parallel, variable caster a arm suspension polaris patented?   The 1 that was very different from the AWS suspension cat used at the time?  

Does cat offer anything similar to this now? What year did cat 1st offer it?

image001-1.jpg

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Like 1