2024 Sleds... what's coming

1 minute ago, krom said:

Here comes the bullshit again..

650 and 850 guys are having a absolute ton of plug fouling issues. 17 sets a season type problems. every poo group is full of complaints and pictures.

I can put you in contact with someone if you don't believe me

Not to get into a pissing match, but whatever this sparkplug problem is ... it's hit or miss for whatever reason.  I can tell you with our group of guys, which consists of at least 7 new Polaris sleds each year (or every other year at the latest) - not one of us have had fouling issues.  I don't know if it's because some people are morons and try to run their sleds before they come up to temp, or if there's really something wrong with a particular batch of sleds - but this group of 7 has had a LOT of new Polaris models for well over a decade and nobody has had to deal with fouling issues (knock on wood as we're all moving on to new sleds for next season).

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I have literally and repeatedly begged Polaris - in person - for a demo of any kind anywhere.  They have turned me down, every single time.  How do I get on their list? 

I thought it was the Polaris ambassadors who they let ride the Matryx up on the North Shore before it was introduced?  Was there another ride somewhere?

@jdsky - I apologize for sounding like I was being sarcastic.  I mean it, if someone can tell me how to get on their list for a demo, I'm interested and have been trying to do that for a very long time.

3 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

@jdsky - I apologize for sounding like I was being sarcastic.  I mean it, if someone can tell me how to get on their list for a demo, I'm interested and have been trying to do that for a very long time.

You're correct with the reference to the Ambassadors getting the first crack at demo'ing new units.  Or at least they did a couple years ago (I'm not 100% sure about them getting an opportunity this season to try out the '24 models).  Prior to the Ambassador program, Polaris was allowing various people to be part of demo rides ... ranging from dealers to various website members.  Now, if you're not an Ambassador I think you pretty much have to wait for one of those public events they hold where you can ride the new sleds in an enclosed area.  But I'm not even sure where that type of opportunity is going on, if at all.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Sure they did. Because of the belt drive? Or the steering?

You're not objective at all. As previously stated, a couple of obscure test rides didn't do much to create competitive buzz. Catalyst is a "Me too" desperate attempt to keep Cat from hemorrhaging additional customers.  

Cat's reputation for horrible new platform releases will hobble it's success for a few years. Eventually, when it is old news, they will get it polished and refined. 

4M5D.gif

If erection lasts more than 4 hours consult your local cat dealer:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Even in pre-production form, it surpassed that wonderful sled. Sorry but the Catalyst is a game changer. 

Cat didn't need a new chassis... used to be a dude here constantly saying that.  

Don't remember who it was though .... 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, krom said:

Here comes the bullshit again..

650 and 850 guys are having a absolute ton of plug fouling issues. 17 sets a season type problems. every poo group is full of complaints and pictures.

I can put you in contact with someone if you don't believe me

"Every"...well this is where things are different from Cat.  Poo sold more than 5 units and therefore has more customers that have issues.  I've ridden with a good 15 different new Poo's and no one has had to change a plug.

38 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Not to get into a pissing match, but whatever this sparkplug problem is ... it's hit or miss for whatever reason.  I can tell you with our group of guys, which consists of at least 7 new Polaris sleds each year (or every other year at the latest) - not one of us have had fouling issues.  

Which is the norm.  Seriously know of no one having those issues.

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Dude is a stretch.  Moron more appropriate or more specifically a jimwit.

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I think it was that gym clown on his army commando walky talky 

3 hours ago, krom said:

Technical partnership

RED BULL POWER TRAINS.

You're not right......

28 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

My dealer, that sells all brands but cat now, had a demo sled that anyone could take out.  Not a guided ride but head out on the trail and take it for a rip.  This was not the very first season but the following.  Anyone could stop by and take it out. 

The problem over the past couple of years has been lack of floor stock but the best way to ride the poo chassis is to call around and find a dealer that will let you take one out.  If that does not work there is always the rental route.  Rider from TX in our group rents every season and this year he rented a VR1 650 after renting various doo's over the years.  The 650 is an incredibly strong motor and top end is surprising.  It should be an interesting side by side run with the catalyst.  

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Technical partnership

RED BULL POWER TRAINS.

You're not right......

There's others but its not worth the fight.  I still have calls in to dealers out East trying to find one offering a $2K rebate.

3 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I get that it's for drag racers, but that's a small percentage of buyers and I don't see a purpose beyond that.  Seems like a novelty that will be abused by anyone who buys it.

If they're after the Cat/Yamaha title of fastest production snowmobile, they have to be really close with the turbo 2s.  Is launch control cheaper than another few psi of boost (and the requisite R&D to make sure the engine can handle it)?  Or, are they already at the limit of what they think their engine can handle, boost-wise and this is the only way to beat Yamaha's turbo?

The type of guy buying a mock zed will like having the launch control 

16 minutes ago, jdsky said:

My dealer, that sells all brands but cat now, had a demo sled that anyone could take out.  Not a guided ride but head out on the trail and take it for a rip.  This was not the very first season but the following.  Anyone could stop by and take it out. 

The problem over the past couple of years has been lack of floor stock but the best way to ride the poo chassis is to call around and find a dealer that will let you take one out.  If that does not work there is always the rental route.  Rider from TX in our group rents every season and this year he rented a VR1 650 after renting various doo's over the years.  The 650 is an incredibly strong motor and top end is surprising.  It should be an interesting side by side run with the catalyst.  

Yeah, the pandemic really upended any opportunities for demos at dealers.  That's exactly what happened to FBO's after 9-11, general aviation has suffered ever since.  I'm specifically interested in comparing a Matryx to the Catalyst.  If I can't find one to ride locally next season, I may head over to Grand Marais or Brainerd to rent.

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I forgot to add that I wont have to buy stock in NGK. My those Polaris love to eat those plugs. Me to my ASS! I know of two Polaris riders that made the switch btw. Just a better sled all the way around.

Really, haven't changed plugs in any of my Poo sleds since early 2000 ish. Is this you standing beside the girl with the sign or maybe it's Krom.

flagging-ending-image-cropped.jpg

Edited by Tripleflipper
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jdsky said:

There's others but its not worth the fight.  I still have calls in to dealers out East trying to find one offering a $2K rebate.

Can you even take a piss on your own without help??  I already gave you links to a couple of them?

PXL_20230220_200925033~2.jpg

Edited by krom
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, krom said:

Can you even take a piss on your own without help??  I already gave you links to a couple of them?

PXL_20230220_200925033~2.jpg

I called them.  Just like anything read the fuckin' fine print.  Also, you forgot the part where you said it was a $2000 rebate which is completely different from UP to $2K off.  I said there were no fucking factory rebates and you just kept on a arguing. 

Just like when you stated Cat was not charging any fucking logistics fee.  It was right there on their website.

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Whoop de Doo.  Nothing that makes those riding the competition jump.  In fact they will instead be scared of it's reliability 

If you want to be a butthurt baby and ignore reality, sure, but outside of one engine Gen 1 CTEC 800, Arctic Cat has probably has the most reliable power plants across the board for about 20 years running. Polaris and Doo have had countless failures, from powerteks, liberty's and others.
Their CTEC 600 is solid and the revamped 2024 is even better. 
I think the revamped 600 doing so well will go a long way to help buyers feel confident in thier new turbo 860.

Edited by stinkipinki

32 minutes ago, jdsky said:

I called them.  Just like anything read the fuckin' fine print.  Also, you forgot the part where you said it was a $2000 rebate which is completely different from UP to $2K off.  I said there were no fucking factory rebates and you just kept on a arguing. 

Just like when you stated Cat was not charging any fucking logistics fee.  It was right there on their website.

Yeah, because its unheard of, for rebates to have fine print....

Read the fucking price sheet I posted, and point out the logistics fee.

They called it a $700 surcharge.

I saw on the CAT site where it said $700 surcharge plus setup/dealer fees.  I also saw on the CAT sheet where it wasn't on there.  So for anyone to claim they know for sure is just being a fool.  Nobody will know until you're paying why would you dig heels in on something so dumb that's clearly a 50/50 and unknown