2024 Sleds... what's coming

2 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

People will pay $2500 for a $65 touchscreen.

why?  we're so addicted to this shit... 

look what you can get for $2000 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-85-class-bravia-xr-x90k-4k-hdr-full-array-led-google-tv/6499748.p?skuId=6499748

all this 'tech' or... solid chassis, good mill, great brakes and suspension?  I'll pass on the tech, especially when it inevitably fails a few years out of warranty and it costs more to get the 'tech' repaired than it initially cost in the first place.    

4 hours ago, krom said:

I think @taperk600 has them all

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

He deserves them to put next to his 38 procross signs I guess

Signs ? Who got signs ?? We don't need no stinkin' signs..............

And it's 16 ProCross sleds @Palu49 : 12 F8LTD, 13 8RR, 14 6 RR, 14 XF 8 137 LTD, 15 ZR 4000 LXR, 15 8 RR (w/Dakota 920), 15 XF 8 137 LTD, 16 ZR 8 137 LTD, 17 Roger Skime 6, 18 ZR 8 LTD 137, 19 Zr 6 137 LTD ( I think you know this one well @Palu49), 19 ZR 8 RR, 20 ZR 8 RR, 21 ZR 8 RR, 22 ZR 8 RR & 22 ZR 6 137 LTD....... BUT never 1 sign..... LOL

• Haha 1

is it time for a price discussion... and I'm starting with Cat only because I saved the pricing from a couple years ago. 

looking at the 2024 ZR 8000 RR 137 which is basically a bng sled... https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snowmobile/trail-utility/zr-rr

that's a 21% increase over MSRP and a 50% increase over snowmageddon pricing for an unchanged model.  

sure, materials and labor have increased since 2020... and it looks like the 2020 MY was the time to buy. 

snowmaggedon 2020.jpg

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

is it time for a price discussion... and I'm starting with Cat only because I saved the pricing from a couple years ago. 

looking at the 2024 ZR 8000 RR 137 which is basically a bng sled... https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snowmobile/trail-utility/zr-rr

that's a 21% increase over MSRP and a 50% increase over snowmageddon pricing for an unchanged model.  

sure, materials and labor have increased since 2020... and it looks like the 2020 MY was the time to buy. 

snowmaggedon 2020.jpg

My 2019 & 2020 800-RR were the same money from my dealer. My 2021 800-RR was about $800 more, so not terrible. But now....... WTF.....

What's sad (or great depending on which side of the equation you are on) is that people who bought them can now sell them for what they were brand new. I can tell you I know 2 of my previous sleds have been resold by the person who bought them from me for MORE than they paid me for them at the end of the first season--- when it was safe to sell in the spring and know you were getting the new one in the fall.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

snowmaggedon 2020.jpg

That was the first year of the Snowmageddon prices, and it really was the time to buy.  The price on my 21 Riot jumped about $1,500 the following year.

Around that same time, I looked at in-stock Ski Doo MXZ 600R and Polaris Indy SP 600 models that were basically on sale for just over $10,000.

I was just poking around Polaris and Ski Doo to do the same, see where prices are:

MXZ Adrenaline 600R (only available with a 129" track) - $13,049 (US)

Indy SP 650 137 - $13,399 (US)

ZR 600 Catalyst - 129 $13,799 (US) and 137 $13,999 (US)

These are just base sleds, no options.  Nor, does it look like any of them are offered with many options, other than the addons like a windshield or tunnel bag.  I can't find weights or horsepower numbers on any of them, either.

Edited by p51mstg
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I was just poking around Polaris and Ski Doo to do the same, see where prices are:

MXZ Adrenaline 600R (only available with a 129" track) - $13,049 (US)

These are just base sleds, no options.  Nor, does it look like any of them are offered with many options, other than the addons like a windshield or tunnel bag.  I can't find weights or horsepower numbers on any of them, either.

The Doo is available in either a 129 or 137 option and the weights are right on the spec sheet.  465lbs for the 129 version and that is with electric start. 

Regardless of the shit that keeps getting posted everyone has known for years that the procross is/was heavier and the fucking catalyst will be within a few pounds but again, who the fuck really cares?  I don't make my sled buying decisions based on a few pounds.

The single largest factor for 24'?  The doo is no longer the most expensive sled on the market.  That is significant for most people shopping without their fucking dumstad goggles on.

adre.png

Edited by jdsky
  • Like 2

Poo also has weights posted in their specs.  For the SP 650 137 it's 499lbs.  For some fucking reason cat is not as proud of their sled weights as some of their brand fans are other than "it sure feels light and playful."  Of course it does when directly compared to a fucking procross.  That's called a riding position that is completely different and just like doo and poo have had for years and years now.

Will they sell every one they can produce?  Of course they will, that's why they priced them so high.  Exactly how many will they sell for 2024?  Nobody will ever know until someone is able to post market share to see if cat has made any progress.

My guess?  They won't gain any significant share for 24 because only fucking dumstads will pay more for all the old chassis' they are still pushing and a shit ton of enthusiasts of the sport have no interest in buying a 600 and are going to be shocked when the poo 650 spanks it across a lake. 

poosp.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Poo also has weights posted in their specs.  For the SP 650 137 it's 499lbs.  For some fucking reason cat is not as proud of their sled weights as some of their brand fans are other than "it sure feels light and playful."  Of course it does when directly compared to a fucking procross.  That's called a riding position that is completely different and just like doo and poo have had for years and years now.

Will they sell every one they can produce?  Of course they will, that's why they priced them so high.  Exactly how many will they sell for 2024?  Nobody will ever know until someone is able to post market share to see if cat has made any progress.

My guess?  They won't gain any significant share for 24 because only fucking dumstads will pay more for all the old chassis' they are still pushing and a shit ton of enthusiasts of the sport have no interest in buying a 600 and are going to be shocked when the poo 650 spanks it across a lake. 

poosp.png

Cat won't show weights until the Production sleds are ready. I personally rode both the Catalyst and the 650 and the Catalyst felt significantly lighter and was definitely faster. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Cat won't show weights until the Production sleds are ready. 

Not that I really need to reply to your bullshit but just like they have always provided that information in the spec sheets previously?  Here's one.  Point out where that info is located....

zr600.png

11 minutes ago, jdsky said:

poosp.png

Cat have never tried to 'gain market share' even though in the mid 2000s they had like 35% with the Firecats. They just strive to make the best sled. You can make fun of the ProCross all day but for trail riding its a great chassis, and it won 50-60% of flatland racing events for like 10 years in usxc and isoc.

Now the tables have turned, the new progressive steering system and friction less belt drive make the competition look old and outdated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

Cat have never tried to 'gain market share' even though in the mid 2000s they had like 35% with the Firecats.

Said nobody in business fucking ever...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

You think Porsche and Ferrari care about marketshare? Or making the most badass car?

They absolutely 100% care about their position in the market and sales.  It's all that fucking matters to any business owners or share holders.  Who do you think Porsche or Ferrari compare themselves to?  Fucking arctic cat?  Get real.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jdsky said:

They absolutely 100% care about their position in the market and sales.  It's all that fucking matters to any business owners or share holders.  Who do you think Porsche or Ferrari compare themselves to?  Fucking arctic cat?  Get real.

Wow! Somebody woke up all pissy pants angry. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jdsky said:

All you had to say was "your correct stinki".

• Like 1