2024 Sleds... what's coming

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

I only care what I want you stupid cunt! Poo's gauge has been a constant will it work today and the Doo forgot to put GPS in it, and it looks like shit! 

With my Doo it's as simple as downloading the BRP app and plugging it in, even has a heated pocket to keep phone in. I was like you, didn't care much about gauges and GPS until we started travelling to unfamiliar areas to chase snow, got tired of stopping and dragging out paper maps.

Really like this color, similar to my Renegade. I'm finding the new Ski Doo colors rather boring

ac1.thumb.jpg.8be5f1c1685cbf1eb8205e3f82da4ad0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

The pics show Atac shocks. Stated that the deluxe gauge will be used with as well.

No shit, that’s why I said if it’s available without ATAC, so regular QS3’s. Everyone knows the old gauge comes with ATAC. Stop regurgitating information to sound like you’re in some special secret arctic cat insider information loop.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

No shit, that’s why I said if it’s available without ATAC, so regular QS3’s. Everyone knows the old gauge comes with ATAC. Stop regurgitating information to sound like you’re in some special secret arctic cat insider information loop.

He is actually.  He chats with himself on arctic insider.....

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, oldslowsledder said:

With my Doo it's as simple as downloading the BRP app and plugging it in, even has a heated pocket to keep phone in. I was like you, didn't care much about gauges and GPS until we started travelling to unfamiliar areas to chase snow, got tired of stopping and dragging out paper maps.

Really like this color, similar to my Renegade. I'm finding the new Ski Doo colors rather boring

ac1.thumb.jpg.8be5f1c1685cbf1eb8205e3f82da4ad0.jpg

So you are using your data? Nice! I dont take my phone with every often and only have 2 gigs a month.  My Garmin uses zero data. 

12 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

So you are using your data? Nice! I dont take my phone with every often and only have 2 gigs a month.  My Garmin uses zero data. 

If I had your phone I wouldn't take it sledding either....

old-cell-phone-640x433.png&f=1&nofb=1&ip

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Doug said:

Our last Arctic Cat rider to switch that went to Polaris looked and sat on them today.  His comment " Nothing there to make me switch back"

20230224_121042.jpg

20230224_120917.jpg

20230224_120807.jpg

20230224_120459.jpg

20230224_120434.jpg

20230224_120424.jpg

20230224_120406.jpg

20230224_115959.jpg

20230224_115753.jpg

20230224_115749.jpg

20230224_115735.jpg

The guy with the ski doo suit and shit eating grin on his face will be ordering one. The guy with the black suit will wait for the 900 and ride his Kawasaki for another season!!!!

34 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

The guy with the ski doo suit and shit eating grin on his face will be ordering one. The guy with the black suit will wait for the 900 and ride his Kawasaki for another season!!!!

I can say for sure the guy with the Ski-Doo suite will not be ordering one he was with our group.  The seats on them were like sitting on a brick.  Seating position was simular to a Ski-Doo.

I have wondered what the fuck is up with that little seat?  Maybe cat guys are getting smaller in their old age.  Maybe that is where they were able to shave so much of the weight off the thing compared to the old chassis.  

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Where is this 425lbs number coming from? I’ll admit I haven’t payed much attention to the catalysts as I don’t care at all about cat but everything thing I’m seeing is saying 10% less weight over current models. Current 600rr is 521lbs minus 10% 469lbs or about the same weight as a current xrs600(476lbs) so like I said an over decade wait to barely keep up with the competitions current offerings in the weight department congratulations.

I only mentioned the weight of my sled as you claimed firecats still lighter than most doo or poo sleds today. Never found the xp to be flimsy I beat the hell outta the ones I’ve owned never an issue in normal use. Throw a tree or unseen rock in the mix riding off trail sure it’s gonna bend stuff but I don’t blame a chassis for being weak cause I hit something that shouldn’t be hit.

Current 600 RR isn't anywhere close to 521 (that number is closer to the weight of a tcat with atac, and eps) Put one of each of the 600 race sleds the scales.  You're in for a surprise.

The 425 is a number a higher than the original engineering goal, and higher than what I've been told to expect by some of the folks I know.

Current official advertised number is 10% less than the procross, which comes in around 450.

There are tons of chassis re-inforcement kits for the xp/xs sleds, because the need them.  Those sleds got heavier every year because they were too weak.  Guys bent modules loading them on trailers, or crossing rail road tracks while on the road.

I know its old, but this was the easiest place to find weights quick:

2012 Arctic Cat F8 Sno Pro = 454 lbs.

2012 Arctic Cat F1100 Turbo Sno Pro = 549 lbs.

2012 Ski-Doo 800 XR S = 459 lbs.

2012 Polaris Rush 800-R = 472 lbs.

2012 Polaris Rush 800 LE = 499 lbs.

2012 Polaris Turbo IQ = 599 lbs.

2012 Polaris Rush 600-R = 472 lbs.

https://www.arcticinsider.com/light-is-right-est-dry-weights-of-the-2012-cats/

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, krom said:

Current 600 RR isn't anywhere close to 521 (that number is closer to the weight of a tcat with atac, and eps) Put one of each of the 600 race sleds the scales.  You're in for a surprise.

The 425 is a number a higher than the original engineering goal, and higher than what I've been told to expect by some of the folks I know.

Current official advertised number is 10% less than the procross, which comes in around 450.

There are tons of chassis re-inforcement kits for the xp/xs sleds, because the need them.  Those sleds got heavier every year because they were too weak.  Guys bent modules loading them on trailers, or crossing rail road tracks while on the road.

The side panels on the Catalyst are hard plastic and thinner than a plastics garbage can.

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Lord you are dumb.  1) 2 gb plan means you are getting ripped off 2) you don't need ANY data to use the map if you have half a brain.  I have a few states on mine all downloaded so wherever I am, even if there isn't a connection I have a backup safety device.

35 minutes ago, krom said:

I sat on a just under 400lb Procross today....a few $ worth of titanium on it tho.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Who the fuck cares what sleds weighed back in 2012?  A fucking thunderwinder clocked in at 603lbs dry in 2022.

How about what sleds actually weigh today?

2022 ZR6000 w/ E-start and ATAC - 512lbs

2022 ZR6000 R-XC No E-start - 487lbs

2024 Doo XRS 600R with Competition Package and SHOT - 470lbs - How do I know?  Because at least Doo posts the fucking weights on the spec sheet.

xrs 600 comp.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, krom said:

I got the number from the interwebs but not directly from cat because they are to ashamed to list weights for some reason 🤔. I see anywhere from 475 to 521 for 6000rr. It sure be a lot easier if they just list a spec sheet weight not have to rely on a third party. I don’t think it’ll be anywhere near 425 much more probably won’t even get below doo’s weight.

10 hours ago, jdsky said:

I have wondered what the fuck is up with that little seat?  Maybe cat guys are getting smaller in their old age.  Maybe that is where they were able to shave so much of the weight off the thing compared to the old chassis.  

I apologize to those who have read this in my previous posts.  When I first saw it, I thought there’s no way I could sit on that seat.  I’m 6’3” and I need a little more room than that.

But, then I rode the Catalyst for 2 days during the Cat photo shoot.  Sit down.  Everything behind you is wasted, so get rid of it.  Everything in front of you needs to be narrowed, so you can shift your weight without getting off the seat.  That’s it, that’s the Catalyst seat.

We had riders from mid-5ft to my height and we all pretty much agreed on the seat, it looked too small but was perfect.

Weight came from everywhere.  Sure, the seat.  The cooling system.  The new belt drive.  The wiring harness.  The muffler.  The front spindles.  Everywhere.

8 hours ago, jdsky said:

Who the fuck cares what sleds weighed back in 2012?  A fucking thunderwinder clocked in at 603lbs dry in 2022.

2024 Doo XRS 600R with Competition Package and SHOT - 470lbs - How do I know?  Because at least Doo posts the fucking weights on the spec sheet.

xrs 600 comp.png

It obviously frustrates you that you can’t compare the Doo to everyone else.  Be patient, your time will come.

19 hours ago, jdsky said:

xrs 600 comp.png

2010-2014 Sno Pro... even less  :)

18 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I got the number from the interwebs but not directly from cat because they are to ashamed to list weights for some reason 🤔. I see anywhere from 475 to 521 for 6000rr. It sure be a lot easier if they just list a spec sheet weight not have to rely on a third party. I don’t think it’ll be anywhere near 425 much more probably won’t even get below doo’s weight.

with the additional weight they don't tip over at any given moment  ;)

11 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I apologize to those who have read this in my previous posts.  When I first saw it, I thought there’s no way I could sit on that seat.  I’m 6’3” and I need a little more room than that.

But, then I rode the Catalyst for 2 days during the Cat photo shoot.  Sit down.  Everything behind you is wasted, so get rid of it.  Everything in front of you needs to be narrowed, so you can shift your weight without getting off the seat.  That’s it, that’s the Catalyst seat.

We had riders from mid-5ft to my height and we all pretty much agreed on the seat, it looked too small but was perfect.

Weight came from everywhere.  Sure, the seat.  The cooling system.  The new belt drive.  The wiring harness.  The muffler.  The front spindles.  Everywhere.

after spending some good saddle time on my brothers RXC, even with the cornering notch in the seat... I much prefer the older SPro saddle hands down.  in a perfect scenario I'd like to spend a day with the old SPro, his RXC and the new RXC just to compare.  silly as it sounds, I actually hope they went backwards on a few things and I find it utterly hilarious about people complaining about the firm seat when I've read a million comments complaining the PC seat was too mushy.   Procross is absolutely colder to ride than the SPro as the wind comes around the body work (not the w/s) so I'd like to see how that is as well with the new whip.  there's little things that matter to me if I'm going to be riding all day... ergos, comfort and wind protection (warmth) are high on my priority list.       

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

What does “black ano” mean. I see cat has officially gone full XRS mode and will offer regular QS3s on the RXC too.

it means Kashima coating help up production again for 2023  ;)

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It means Kashima coating help up production again for 2023  ;)

Yea is the anodizing a “performance” coating or is it just blacked out bodies lol. I know the kashima coating process is basically just an anodizing finish so maybe this is just the easier way to do it? Looks like you can only get regular qs3s on the RXCs next year so maybe I’ll order one of each so me and my girlfriend can match 😂

4 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Yea is the anodizing a “performance” coating or is it just blacked out bodies lol. I know the kashima coating process is basically just an anodizing finish so maybe this is just the easier way to do it? Looks like you can only get regular qs3s on the RXCs next year so maybe I’ll order one of each so me and my girlfriend can match 😂

https://www.kashima-coat.com/global/service/kashima-coat/

don't care if they're pink... as long as they work well

• Like 1