2024 Sleds... what's coming

Lynx and Doo to unveil Feb 20th

https://fb.watch/iL5bl_xtDU/

https://www.facebook.com/events/733169861695339?ref=newsfeed

speaking with the local BRP dealer this past fall, they didn't order or sell one 2023 Lynx for any customers or their floor and basically stated that people here buy an XRS and complain it's too stiff.  was Lynx literally a one year wonder over here? 

who else is unveiling their 2024 lineup and when?   predictions?  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

Cat finally lets you put an order in for a catalyst. But still is secret about what it is. 

polaris let’s gym order a 9r trail sled sled so he can steer on a trail on his way to wheelie in an old ladies flower garden.

skidoo turbo trail sled like Krom said

yamaha is whatever cat sells them cheap to put stickers on 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Thank god. Hopefully cat continues on doing fresh things and Yamaha will come with something cool.

imo Textron will keep making Procross based Yammies until Yamaha doesn't want to sell them any longer as all the tooling, dies and assembly processes remain bought and paid for long ago.  I also feel they'll still offer the 800 PC based sled(s) for 2024 in Green and Blue.  Two more b-Last models... because why not? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

imo Textron will keep making Procross based Yammies until Yamaha doesn't want to sell them any longer as all the tooling, dies and assembly processes remain bought and paid for long ago.  I also feel they'll still offer the 800 PC based sled(s) for 2024 in Green and Blue.  Two more b-Last models... because why not? 

There will probably be more procross sleds sold than catalyst for 2024 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

are they doing snowmaggedon in July this year and letting the other manufacturers get all the early orders? 

hell, if I were them I'd have started letting people order the Lyst the Monday after haydays. 

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'd take a bet against that 

It sounds like they are keeping the catalyst production low for next season. Everything the media has been saying hints there won’t be many. Plus with only 3 models in a 600, that will keep a lot of people from buying them. 

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It sounds like they are keeping the catalyst production low for next season. Everything the media has been saying hints there won’t be many. Plus with only 3 models in a 600, that will keep a lot of people from buying them. 

If they limit orders way down I think that's the only way it's possible.  Who is going to buy a procross when catalyst is available?

Here's what I've heard for models.  There's a 129 and 137 zr, an r-xc, riot, M models in three variations for sure, 146, 154 2.6 and 154 3.0.  I'd assume riot x but haven't heard that yet.

I think the only people who'd buy a procross are the turbo four stroke guys.  If some slow 800 riders refuse to ride a 600 I think they'd wait a year before buying a MY 24 800 ZR.  Unless they do some wicked special edition r-xc 800 or crazy color scheme or something.  Or they severely slash the price of a procross.  Everyone wants the future, the latest and greatest 

Cannot see Yamaha staying in the game much longer with only an ancient chassis offering.  Sidewinder sales have been abysmal at best with my dealer not selling a single one for the past couple of seasons.  Only completely clueless cat riders would buy anything in a procross for 24' and most will just keep riding their decades plus old machines yet another year or possibly even more to wait and see if a new engine and chassis combo finally materializes in 25' or 26'. 

What's funny is none that I ride with want to be early adopters even though they have been waiting forever.  They are just saying whats another few years when we have already been waiting this long.  They are going to wait for any new engine to be guinea pig tested by others first.

34 minutes ago, mnstang said:

If they limit orders way down I think that's the only way it's possible.  Who is going to buy a procross when catalyst is available?

Here's what I've heard for models.  There's a 129 and 137 zr, an r-xc, riot, M models in three variations for sure, 146, 154 2.6 and 154 3.0.  I'd assume riot x but haven't heard that yet.

I think the only people who'd buy a procross are the turbo four stroke guys.  If some slow 800 riders refuse to ride a 600 I think they'd wait a year before buying a MY 24 800 ZR.  Unless they do some wicked special edition r-xc 800 or crazy color scheme or something.  Or they severely slash the price of a procross.  Everyone wants the future, the latest and greatest 

Thundercat and die hard cat guys that won’t touch anything but an 800. This has been their core market for sometime now. I think cat is only offering the catalyst in the 600 to keep sales down the first season and using “it’s not ready yet” as a cover. If they had the big engine in it, it would draw in the brand hoppers that want the newest, biggest, bad ass sled. Having just a 6 will keep them on the side lines. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Here's what I've heard for models.  There's a 129 and 137 zr, an r-xc...

Unless they do some wicked special edition r-xc 800 or crazy color scheme or something.  Or they severely slash the price of a procross.  Everyone wants the future, the latest and greatest 

just opinion but I'm thinking the racers are the only ones that will initially be able to get the 129's because 66% of the retail buying public has bought into the 137 bridge bumping horse shit.

limited edition Procross RXC 800 is an interesting theory and something they should have been selling all along... instead of a 'replica'

25 minutes ago, jdsky said:

What's funny is none that I ride with want to be early adopters even though they have been waiting forever.  They are just saying whats another few years when we have already been waiting this long.  They are going to wait for any new engine to be guinea pig tested by others first.

I'm not about to be a first year engine or chassis guinea pig.  I'll let @Not greg b do it.  :lmao:

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

What's coming is the last year of the Blue Cat.  Biggest news of the year.

yup, unless the rumors of yami partnering with poo hold a sliver of truth, yami could be done selling sleds

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Thank god. Hopefully cat continues on doing fresh things and Yamaha will come with something cool.

yami hasn't designed a good sled in decades, do they even have more than 5 guys in the entire division?

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't foresee that happening, and don't expect it to happen.

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

There will be more procross built for sure

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

I'd take a bet against that 

I'll take all the action you want

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Thundercat and die hard cat guys that won’t touch anything but an 800. This has been their core market for sometime now. I think cat is only offering the catalyst in the 600 to keep sales down the first season and using “it’s not ready yet” as a cover. If they had the big engine in it, it would draw in the brand hoppers that want the newest, biggest, bad ass sled. Having just a 6 will keep them on the side lines. 

Cat knows how many catalysts they can build, and they will sell out within hours

Edited by krom

44 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I think it's a good idea to spread the release out like they are with 600 first year, bigger the following year.  Keeps the anticipation going for longer.  But I don't think it's by design, I don't think the big engine is ready to go.

40 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

just opinion but I'm thinking the racers are the only ones that will initially be able to get the 129's because 66% of the retail buying public has bought into the 137 bridge bumping horse shit.

limited edition Procross RXC 800 is an interesting theory and something they should have been selling all along... instead of a 'replica'

I'm not about to be a first year engine or chassis guinea pig.  I'll let @Not greg b do it.  :lmao:

I feel like they'll offer the 129 in other models, I was under that impression.  And fwiw the 800 r-xc is not a theory I have.. it was just a hypothetical scenario.  I have no reasonsm to think they will or should do that.

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

I think it's a good idea to spread the release out like they are with 600 first year, bigger the following year.  Keeps the anticipation going for longer.  But I don't think it's by design, I don't think the big engine is ready to go.

I feel like they'll offer the 129 in other models, I was under that impression.  And fwiw the 800 r-xc is not a theory I have.. it was just a hypothetical scenario.  I have no reasonsm to think they will or should do that.

They would have developed them at the same time. They wouldn’t start the day after finishing a 600 to work on a big motor. The fact they said it will be in the 2025 says they know exactly what it is and it is completed. If it wasn’t they wouldn’t state a model year. There is only a few months left until they have to finalize/order the components to build the 2025s

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I feel like they'll offer the 129 in other models, I was under that impression.  And fwiw the 800 r-xc is not a theory I have.. it was just a hypothetical scenario.  I have no reasons to think they will or should do that.

more opinions from me but the racers should have been on 600 Catalyst sleds this winter for the season to pound on... like back in 2008 

they're going to have to offer an 800 in something... so a couple of Procross/Proclimb and Yamacats.  

you parting with your high country?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Where the fukk is Zambroski when we actually need intel from someone that is well connected to the Arctic Cat insiders ????????

He's playing with his mustard bucket... 

Screenshot_20230217-131926.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

SnowTrax seems to think Polaris is going for a turbo version of the s4.  That's believable to me, but what would they do with it?

Try to compete with the mock zed for slowest, turbo, 4 joke award from snowtrax 

Poo was testing a 4 stroke turbo back in 2015 so it's due for release.

Cat is smart to limit the 600 to only what they can produce so hopefully they get them shipped before the season starts.  My dealer is still being severely limited on Doo orders.  Last season he had 345 spring orders.  Do only allowed him to place orders for half of that amount.  Because of that there were waiting lists already again for this season. These crazy prices are probably not going down anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

They would have developed them at the same time. They wouldn’t start the day after finishing a 600 to work on a big motor. The fact they said it will be in the 2025 says they know exactly what it is and it is completed. If it wasn’t they wouldn’t state a model year. There is only a few months left until they have to finalize/order the components to build the 2025s

Sure they know what it is.  But I don't think it's ready to go, for whatever reason.  Could be supply issues, could be they want QC or tweak it more, could be they just want to prolong excitement, or use first year with 600 to test it just like they used the 9 tower clutch the first couple years on fan cooled sleds, 95&96.  Or could be for another reason.  I don't know about them ordering parts for 25 because I don't even know if the catalyst chassis is fully finalized right now and that's going to be a 2024.  

The 600 sounds very similar to the old 600 with a crank they already had so that would be easier to bring to market than something all new that all eyes will be on that they want to make sure is right.