Even the Turtle Gets It

• Platinum Contributing Member

Stoping Putin now is imperative to preventing him from continuing his landgrab, including Poland....which would indeed start a 3rd world war.

We can thank the Ukrainian people for fighting fiercely in defending their sovereignty and weakening Russia.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You right wing Putin ball licking apologists should listen to the Ol Crow:

You and mitch are fucking idiots 

Oh yes we deff need to be spending more more more on military contractors to build more more more weapons so the Ukraine can fight off the inevitable for another year or so  

Your fagot political heros are the reason so many are dead over there now . 

7 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Stoping Putin now is imperative to preventing him from continuing his landgrab, including Poland....which would indeed start a 3rd world war.

We can thank the Ukrainian people for fighting fiercely in defending their sovereignty and weakening Russia.

According to you this shit should have been over this last  summer was a cake walk lmfao 

Fucking fools pushing for this shit 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

You and mitch are fucking idiots 

Oh yes we deff need to be spending more more more on military contractors to build more more more weapons so the Ukraine can fight off the inevitable for another year or so  

Your fagot political heros are the reason so many are dead over there now . 

What an anti American you are.

18 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I am for the cheap and efficient use of Ukrainians to rid us of Putin and his designs on empire but that is not the same as giving Biden a big pat on the back. The Biden crime family is going to end up with some of the money we are sending over there.

It did take Biden to get America out of Afghanistan. For that he deserves a pat on the back. 

• Haha 3

Would we accept "enemy" bases in Canada, Mexico the Caribbean?  Nope yet we do it to almost everyone we consider an enemy and even those we claim (China) are not.  And we claim these are only for "defense."  :lmao:

Zelenskyy and the west had to go fucking around talking about them joining NATO and taking back Crimea and Russia had no choice but to react.   Sure maybe this played right into what Putin wanted to do but now we got a fucked up mess with the US spending $100 billion it doesn't have, a country all but destroyed and God only knows how many young men dead on both sides.  

https://apnews.com/article/europe-ukraine-crimea-42d26f5c29cd6daa59abe010882bf952

Ukraine’s leader vows to do all he can to bring back Crimea

By YURAS KARMANAUAugust 23, 2021

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine’s president on Monday vowed to do all he can to bring back the peninsula of Crimea, annexed by Russia seven years ago, and urged international allies to support the effort.

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy spoke at the Crimean Platform summit, called by Ukraine to build up pressure on Russia over the 2014 annexation that has been denounced as illegal by most of the world. Russia’s relations with the West have sunk to post-Cold War lows as a result.

In his opening remarks, Zelenskyy promised to “do everything possible to return Crimea, so that Crimea, together with Ukraine, becomes part of Europe.”

“For this we will use all possible political, legal and first and foremost diplomatic means,” Zelenskyy said, adding that Kyiv needs “effective support at the international level.”

Top officials from 46 countries and blocs took part in the summit, including from the United States, the European Union and Turkey. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov denounced the summit as an “anti-Russian event.”

Zelenskyy charged that Russia has turned Crimea into a “military base” and “a foothold for Russia to boost its influence on the Black Sea region.” He said Moscow has tripled its military presence in Crimea.

In April, Russia increased troops near its borders with Ukraine, including in Crimea, eliciting international outrage.

On June 23, Russia said one of its warships in the Black Sea fired warning shots and a warplane dropped bombs in the path of the HMS Defender, a British Royal Navy destroyer, to chase it away from an area near Crimea that Moscow claims as its territorial waters. Britain, which like most other nations didn’t recognize the annexation of Crimea, insisted the Defender wasn’t fired upon and said it was sailing in Ukrainian waters.

All 30 NATO member states were represented at the summit.

“Occupation of Crimea casts doubts on the effectiveness of the entire international security system,” Ukraine’s president said. “Without restoring the trust in it, not a single state can be sure that it wouldn’t become the next victim of occupation.”

The summit was opened by a Ukrainian singer of Crimean Tatar descent, Susana Dzhamaladinova, known as Jamala. In 2016, Jamala won the Eurovision song contest with a song about the 1944 mass deportation of Crimean Tatars on Soviet dictator Josef Stalin’s order. Leaders of the Crimean Tatar community attended the summit.

“We need to show the world that ethnocide of Crimean Tatars continues in Crimea,” Jamala told The Associated Press. “People in the world should know that we’re barred from congregating even for honoring our ancestors.”

Ethnic Russians, who form a majority of Crimea’s 2.3 million people, widely supported the Russian annexation, but Crimean Tatars, who accounted for nearly 15%, opposed it. An estimated 30,000 Crimean Tatars have fled Crimea since 2014.

Some who stayed have faced a crackdown by Russian authorities, who banned the Crimean Tatars’ main representative body and some religious groups. About 80 Crimean Tatars have been convicted and 15 activists have gone missing, according to Amnesty International.

“My people have once again found themselves under the rule of an occupation regime, which in many aspects is even worse than the Soviet one,” Mustafa Jemilev, leader of the Crimean Tatar community, said at the summit. “This forum is a ray of hope about a peaceful de-occupation for my compatriots.”

Top Western officials at the summit relayed messages of support for Ukraine. “Ukraine will never be alone in that Crimea is Ukraine,” EU Council President Charles Michel said. “Unfortunately, Russia continues to act in ways that multiply the negative impact of the annexation. The continued militarization of the peninsula heavily affects the security situation in the Black Sea region.”

The summit aims at bringing the issue of Crimea back into the global spotlight, said Volodymyr Fesenko, Ukrainian political analyst with the Penta Center think tank.

“Ukraine wants to make Russia nervous and bring the Crimea card to the international negotiating table,” Fesenko told the AP. “Kyiv reminds both Russia and its international partners about the price Russia should pay for Crimea.”

Participants of the summit signed a joint declaration, which, Zelenskyy said in his closing remarks, “clearly stipulates the non-recognition of Russia’s illegal annexation of Crimea and contains commitments to consider imposing additional political and diplomatic sanctions on Russia in the case of further aggression.”

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It did take Biden to get America out of Afghanistan. For that he deserves a pat on the back. 

I agree...not with the method it took place but Biden deserves credit for getting us out of that shithole. 

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Really don't think Putin was going to go after any NATO countries.  

He wanted to hold onto Crimea before they did join.  This was shortly before the invasion. 

Biden assures Zelenskiy that NATO membership in Ukraine's hands, Kyiv says

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukrainian-president-zelenskiy-holding-talks-with-biden-adviser-says-2021-12-09/

Edited by Highmark

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree...not with the method it took place but Biden deserves credit for getting us out of that shithole. 

There was no other way out unless Biden would’ve been willing to take more casualties. The best method was to drop your shit and get the fuck out. 

23 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Would we accept "enemy" bases in Canada, Mexico the Caribbean?  Nope yet we do it to almost everyone we consider an enemy and even those we claim (China) are not.  And we claim these are only for "defense."  :lmao:

Zelenskyy and the west had to go fucking around talking about them joining NATO and taking back Crimea and Russia had no choice but to react.   Sure maybe this played right into what Putin wanted to do but now we got a fucked up mess with the US spending $100 billion it doesn't have, a country all but destroyed and God only knows how many young men dead on both sides.  

https://apnews.com/article/europe-ukraine-crimea-42d26f5c29cd6daa59abe010882bf952

Ukraine’s leader vows to do all he can to bring back Crimea

By YURAS KARMANAUAugust 23, 2021

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine’s president on Monday vowed to do all he can to bring back the peninsula of Crimea, annexed by Russia seven years ago, and urged international allies to support the effort.

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy spoke at the Crimean Platform summit, called by Ukraine to build up pressure on Russia over the 2014 annexation that has been denounced as illegal by most of the world. Russia’s relations with the West have sunk to post-Cold War lows as a result.

In his opening remarks, Zelenskyy promised to “do everything possible to return Crimea, so that Crimea, together with Ukraine, becomes part of Europe.”

“For this we will use all possible political, legal and first and foremost diplomatic means,” Zelenskyy said, adding that Kyiv needs “effective support at the international level.”

Top officials from 46 countries and blocs took part in the summit, including from the United States, the European Union and Turkey. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov denounced the summit as an “anti-Russian event.”

Zelenskyy charged that Russia has turned Crimea into a “military base” and “a foothold for Russia to boost its influence on the Black Sea region.” He said Moscow has tripled its military presence in Crimea.

In April, Russia increased troops near its borders with Ukraine, including in Crimea, eliciting international outrage.

On June 23, Russia said one of its warships in the Black Sea fired warning shots and a warplane dropped bombs in the path of the HMS Defender, a British Royal Navy destroyer, to chase it away from an area near Crimea that Moscow claims as its territorial waters. Britain, which like most other nations didn’t recognize the annexation of Crimea, insisted the Defender wasn’t fired upon and said it was sailing in Ukrainian waters.

All 30 NATO member states were represented at the summit.

“Occupation of Crimea casts doubts on the effectiveness of the entire international security system,” Ukraine’s president said. “Without restoring the trust in it, not a single state can be sure that it wouldn’t become the next victim of occupation.”

The summit was opened by a Ukrainian singer of Crimean Tatar descent, Susana Dzhamaladinova, known as Jamala. In 2016, Jamala won the Eurovision song contest with a song about the 1944 mass deportation of Crimean Tatars on Soviet dictator Josef Stalin’s order. Leaders of the Crimean Tatar community attended the summit.

“We need to show the world that ethnocide of Crimean Tatars continues in Crimea,” Jamala told The Associated Press. “People in the world should know that we’re barred from congregating even for honoring our ancestors.”

Ethnic Russians, who form a majority of Crimea’s 2.3 million people, widely supported the Russian annexation, but Crimean Tatars, who accounted for nearly 15%, opposed it. An estimated 30,000 Crimean Tatars have fled Crimea since 2014.

Some who stayed have faced a crackdown by Russian authorities, who banned the Crimean Tatars’ main representative body and some religious groups. About 80 Crimean Tatars have been convicted and 15 activists have gone missing, according to Amnesty International.

“My people have once again found themselves under the rule of an occupation regime, which in many aspects is even worse than the Soviet one,” Mustafa Jemilev, leader of the Crimean Tatar community, said at the summit. “This forum is a ray of hope about a peaceful de-occupation for my compatriots.”

Top Western officials at the summit relayed messages of support for Ukraine. “Ukraine will never be alone in that Crimea is Ukraine,” EU Council President Charles Michel said. “Unfortunately, Russia continues to act in ways that multiply the negative impact of the annexation. The continued militarization of the peninsula heavily affects the security situation in the Black Sea region.”

The summit aims at bringing the issue of Crimea back into the global spotlight, said Volodymyr Fesenko, Ukrainian political analyst with the Penta Center think tank.

“Ukraine wants to make Russia nervous and bring the Crimea card to the international negotiating table,” Fesenko told the AP. “Kyiv reminds both Russia and its international partners about the price Russia should pay for Crimea.”

Participants of the summit signed a joint declaration, which, Zelenskyy said in his closing remarks, “clearly stipulates the non-recognition of Russia’s illegal annexation of Crimea and contains commitments to consider imposing additional political and diplomatic sanctions on Russia in the case of further aggression.”

That explanation is really a load of shit. The biggest mistake the west made was to sit back and allow Putin to invade one country after another while turning the other way. It came as a huge surprise to him when the west said enough. Long over do. 

26 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That explanation is really a load of shit. The biggest mistake the west made was to sit back and allow Putin to invade one country after another while turning the other way. It came as a huge surprise to him when the west said enough. Long over do. 

I don't disagree that something could and probably should have been done long ago....maybe when Obama let them take Crimea in 2014.   Even more important NATO shouldn't have been putting bases and weapons all around them.   I mean honestly what did the west expect?  We really hoped they would "Westernize" but they didn't and NATO kept pushing.  Yes Russia is just as guilty to to claim the west didn't play just as big a role is laughable.   

All the pro Ukraine war people on here say over and over to look at it from the eye's of the Ukrainian's.   I agree I'd want to defend our country too but also look at it from the perspective of Russia.  We fucking flipped out and almost ended the world as we know it because Russia parked nukes 90 miles from Miami when they likely had subs with them half the distance from DC.    

Yeah how great are we to let the Ukrainian's die and have their country destroyed because the west fucked up in that region going back to the late 80's early 90's.  

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I don't disagree that something could and probably should have been done long ago....maybe when Obama let them take Crimea in 2014.   Even more important NATO shouldn't have been putting bases and weapons all around them.   I mean honestly what did the west expect?  We really hoped they would "Westernize" but they didn't and NATO kept pushing.  Yes Russia is just as guilty to to claim the west didn't play just as big a role is laughable.   

All the pro Ukraine war people on here say over and over to look at it from the eye's of the Ukrainian's.   I agree I'd want to defend our country too but also look at it from the perspective of Russia.  We fucking flipped out and almost ended the world as we know it because Russia parked nukes 90 miles from Miami when they likely had subs with them half the distance from DC.    

Yeah how great are we to let the Ukrainian's die and have their country destroyed because the west fucked up in that region going back to the late 80's early 90's.  

Nukes in Cuba isn’t even a good comparison to this. Please come up with something better. And remind readers of who was president when Georgia fell to Russian aggression. By the way, Russian subs are parked a lot closer to the US than Cuba. 

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Nukes in Cuba isn’t even a good comparison to this. Please come up with something better. And remind readers of who was president when Georgia fell to Russian aggression. By the way, Russian subs are parked a lot closer to the US than Cuba. 

Agree That's why I said they likely were.  :lol:  

You think the US has played no role in the mess that's now become Ukraine going back to the fall of the Soviet Union?  We have bases all over Europe.   Russia is surrounded. 
Again my point is we would not take it.  We did a better job bringing Germany, Japan and Italy back into the world acceptance after WW2 than we did Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union.  

One of my biggest concerns with Russia is the fact that it takes our eye of our most dangerous enemy.   China.  And I don't mean militarily I mean economically.  We could crush one another in an instance by stopping all trade.   

Just now, Highmark said:

Agree That's why I said they likely were.  :lol:  

You think the US has played no role in the mess that's now become Ukraine going back to the fall of the Soviet Union?  We have bases all over Europe.   Russia is surrounded. 
Again my point is we would not take it.  We did a better job bringing Germany, Japan and Italy back into the world acceptance after WW2 than we did Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union.  

One of my biggest concerns with Russia is the fact that it takes our eye of our most dangerous enemy.   China.  And I don't mean militarily I mean economically.  We could crush one another in an instance by stopping all trade.   

False. Russia is far from surrounded. They have 5000 nuclear warheads. No one is going to intentionally fuck with them. During the last few decades Russia enjoyed a trade relationship with the west and freedom of travel. Their economy began to flourish and there was no military incursions on to their country. By contrast, they have continued to annex one nation after another. I totally reject the idea that the west pushed them into invading Ukraine. That’s simply bullshit 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

False. Russia is far from surrounded. They have 5000 nuclear warheads. No one is going to intentionally fuck with them. During the last few decades Russia enjoyed a trade relationship with the west and freedom of travel. Their economy began to flourish and there was no military incursions on to their country. By contrast, they have continued to annex one nation after another. I totally reject the idea that the west pushed them into invading Ukraine. That’s simply bullshit 

There were no military incursions into the US....did that stop us?   Yeah I know the places we invaded we don't occupy but we are far from innocent. 

Incursions alone don't cause a country to feel threatened.  We love to claim NATO is defensive yet its hard to be up against it and feel that way.

14 countries have joined since 1999 including 3 on their border.  Care to give me a timeline of Russian annexations of significance since the fall of the USSR?    

History_of_NATO_enlargement.svg.png

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

According to you this shit should have been over this last  summer was a cake walk lmfao 

Fucking fools pushing for this shit 

Putin needs to be taken down....he has proven he has no regard for his own men and is willing to sacrifice 100's of thousands, if not even more. Sending poorly trained I'll equiped to the frontlines as pure cannon fodder..... it's a sheer numbers game to him. Waves and waves of his military tripping over the previous wave of dead soldiers  and he don't give 1 shit. He's done.