Trump Admin’s Latest Rail Safety Rollback Sets up Industry to Make Its Own Rules

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Do you know that public transportation bus drivers who haul people don't have the same standards as over the road truckers.

38 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Do you know that public transportation bus drivers who haul people don't have the same standards as over the road truckers.

Did you know pastrami tastes different than roast beef?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

all that was settled DURING the Obama administration in 2015, look up ECP braking systems

60es7t.jpg

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

Haven’t paid attention to details. Is the  bearing going out and the wheel falling off the car still to blame?

so far that's where it's leaning, but wasn't a tanker, was covered hopper according to the video

3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

so far that's where it's leaning, but wasn't a tanker, was covered hopper according to the video

Well with that many moving parts on a train, from front to back, shits gonna go wrong from time to time that’s just the way life is and I don’t care how much maintenance is done, regulation or deregulation. Nothing is ever perfect and fail-safe. Maybe something along the lines of better leak-proof designs on haz-mat tankers   So they don’t leaks material out when they’re rolling around on the ground like a rag doll? I don’t know. 

12 minutes ago, hayward said:

Well with that many moving parts on a train, from front to back, shits gonna go wrong from time to time that’s just the way life is and I don’t care how much maintenance is done, regulation or deregulation. Nothing is ever perfect and fail-safe. Maybe something along the lines of better leak-proof designs on haz-mat tankers   So they don’t leaks material out when they’re rolling around on the ground like a rag doll? I don’t know. 

agreed, but these tankers are designed to take serious hits, I just read a editorial in Railway Age dispelling all the mis-information surrounding this accident, good read if you have the time, my concern is if they were able to vent the cars why not pump them off rather than drain them onto the ground, my previous employer was a propane company and we were certified to pump railcars off on derailment sites and have done a few of them

12 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

agreed, but these tankers are designed to take serious hits, I just read a editorial in Railway Age dispelling all the mis-information surrounding this accident, good read if you have the time, my concern is if they were able to vent the cars why not pump them off rather than drain them onto the ground, my previous employer was a propane company and we were certified to pump railcars off on derailment sites and have done a few of them

Yeah that doesn’t sound good.  So the tanker held it’s product, but the company emptied her out on the ground?  Da fuck?

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, hayward said:

Yeah that doesn’t sound good.  So the tanker held its product, but the company emptied her out on the ground?  Da fuck?

They were afraid it was going to explode so the drained them then set it in fire :dunno: 

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

They were afraid it was going to explode so the drained them then set it in fire :dunno: 

if they opened them to vent they could have been pumped off, I would like to know made the call to dump on ground, Norfolk Southern could not have made that decision would have been in the hands of 1st responders, DEC or EPA