Winter In Michigan

• Platinum Contributing Member

Eesshhh…good on Fletchys for giving free cancellations.

Fletchys otter belly lodge will be closing the cafe and all rental snowmobile reservations for the remainder of the year until grooming resumes or we receive significant snowfall. Yesterday into last night the Keweenaw got temperatures of over 50° and an inch of rain. There is not much snow left. If you made reservations for a room this weekend we will be offering free cancellations. We will have the cafe open for copper dog! Please keep up your snow dances!

• Like 2

We have a few local ski resorts.  I don’t know how they are still there.  What a brutal year.  The low snow fall is one thing, but the above freezing temperatures all winter.  We usually sit in the bar and watch the ski/ snowboarding.  Haven’t been one time. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Eesshhh…good on Fletchys for giving free cancellations.

Fletchys otter belly lodge will be closing the cafe and all rental snowmobile reservations for the remainder of the year until grooming resumes or we receive significant snowfall. Yesterday into last night the Keweenaw got temperatures of over 50° and an inch of rain. There is not much snow left. If you made reservations for a room this weekend we will be offering free cancellations. We will have the cafe open for copper dog! Please keep up your snow dances!

Good on them.

• Like 1

The other thing is that with The Kee being out of action more sledders are going to head to the Central and Eastern UP as they still have halfway decent trail conditions….going to be a shitsnow!🥴

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

We have a few local ski resorts.  I don’t know how they are still there.  What a brutal year.  The low snow fall is one thing, but the above freezing temperatures all winter.  We usually sit in the bar and watch the ski/ snowboarding.  Haven’t been one time. 

I was just down last weekend for my nieces wedding in Livingston county not a lick of snow anywhere probably b mowing grass here shortly. 

46 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

I was just down last weekend for my nieces wedding in Livingston county not a lick of snow anywhere probably b mowing grass here shortly. 

Nope.  We Live in woods and usually have snow on ground long after it melts everywhere else. Not a lick.  

Headed to North Eastern Quebec on Saturday for a 10 day saddle bagger. Thankfully it's been cold and snowy up that far.

Got only 600 kms on our groomer so far this year,  but her next trip may be to the shed for the summer.

We normally have a decent month and a half with another couple weeks on either end depending on water problems.

Been a fucked up year for warm. Some of the swampy stuff has yet to freeze and we are starting from worse than scratch if we can open again.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

61 here in southern NH right now. Tomorrow 68.

Its fucking gross. A bud of mine from FLA rented a house for next week. I told him to cancel. I dont think he can

shack.webp

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Its fucking gross. A bud of mine from FLA rented a house for next week. I told him to cancel. I dont think he can

shack.webp 189.01 kB · 1 download

The sun is really warm now too. Sat in the sun on the front porch this afternoon enjoyed a nice cigar. 
Looks like rain and freezing rain up north Friday and no snow for the next 2 weeks and that runs to March 1.

10 minutes ago, sw-50c said:

2 and a half hours south of you jimmy and still waiting for winter to get here.           :(

This is one of the lamest winters(of lack therof)  I can remember.