Sled deck's

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Imagine being so fukking stupid to do that shit, and then posting it on the net, so in case anyone was wondering if you were borderline stupid, well, ya, now they know for sure.

clearly you haven't seen enough boat ramp videos.   when I retire I'm going to hang out at various boat ramps where people from Illinois frequent and start my own YouTube channel.   some are just beyond dumb.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Challenging boat ramps for stupidity and funny videos since 2016

What’s funny is I hear people buy sled decks to get in tight mountain spots yet all those videos have huge wide open lots with plenty of room for a trailer 😂

• Like 1

I was a boater for 30 years. For sure, they are right up there on the stupid list as well. 

We have a lot of new canadiens boating in the 1000 island region, just boggles the mind how they even got a boaters card.

Must of got it on line , with a lot of help from a real boater, that could read english.

36 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

What’s funny is I hear people buy sled decks to get in tight mountain spots yet all those videos have huge wide open lots with plenty of room for a trailer 😂

Because it is way cooler to have your uncovered sled, trashed from road salt, on the drive to the nearest bar parking lot in Hurly Wisconsin 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Because it is way cooler to have your uncovered sled, trashed from road salt, on the drive to the nearest bar parking lot in Hurly Wisconsin 

Also how’s anyone supposed to see your cool custom wrap when it’s in a trailer. That’s reason enough to put the sled on the roof of the truck show off that wrap.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Also how’s anyone supposed to see your cool custom wrap when it’s in a trailer. That’s reason enough to put the sled on the roof of the truck show off that wrap.

It’s all about the colorful wraps for the gram. I don’t get why they don’t buy flat bed trucks. It would be way less of a cluster fuck loading it 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It’s all about the colorful wraps for the gram. I don’t get why they don’t buy flat bed trucks. It would be way less of a cluster fuck loading it 

I’ve often wondered that too. There is a couple companies I thought that made a custom flatbeds specifically for sleds. I don’t care for the flatbed look though which I’d assume is why you see so many with sled decks vs flatbeds.

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

clearly you haven't seen enough boat ramp videos.   when I retire I'm going to hang out at various boat ramps where people from Illinois frequent and start my own YouTube channel.   some are just beyond dumb.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

I was a boater for 30 years. For sure, they are right up there on the stupid list as well. 

We have a lot of new canadiens boating in the 1000 island region, just boggles the mind how they even got a boaters card.

Must of got it on line , with a lot of help from a real boater, that could read english.

But do you know who is worse than the Novice Boaters at the ramp? 

The douchebag losers who hang out at the ramp to watch the Boaters launch. :news:

• Haha 1

I've always thought those sled decks were the dumbest thing ever.  They have to make the truck super top heavy and handle poorly.  Your sled will still get salted up there.  Issues with sketchy loading and unloading.  And what if youe sled breaks when riding and you can't drive it way up there?  Guessing it limits what you can do with your truck bed too.  And there's no real positives that I can see.  I think it's just a fad type thing for the bros with the diesel trucks with dumbass wheels that stick out and white sunglasses and hair gel.  The look at me bro types.  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I've always thought those sled decks were the dumbest thing ever.  They have to make the truck super top heavy and handle poorly.  Your sled will still get salted up there.  Issues with sketchy loading and unloading.  And what if youe sled breaks when riding and you can't drive it way up there?  Guessing it limits what you can do with your truck bed too.  And there's no real positives that I can see.  I think it's just a fad type thing for the bros with the diesel trucks with dumbass wheels that stick out and white sunglasses and hair gel.  The look at me bro types.  

On a positive note, it is stack prohibitive to the lazy, so no stacks for those dickbags.

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

The real reason they came about was for mountain riders in the early season and late season. They could drive them way up a mountain to get to snow where you could not turn a trailer around. Then the bros saw them. They are the worst way to haul a sled. People trying to do a deck on a 1/2 ton is even worse. A 1/2 ton can not do that much weight on the ass 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The real reason they came about was for mountain riders in the early season and late season. They could drive them way up a mountain to get to snow where you could not turn a trailer around. Then the bros saw them. They are the worst way to haul a sled. People trying to do a deck on a 1/2 ton is even worse. A 1/2 ton can not do that much weight on the ass 

Unless you want your truck to be an ass dragger :ashamed:

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

The only benefit i see here in Idaho is certain mountain passes do not allow trailers such as Teton pass between Jackson hole and Idaho has a no trailer policy during the winter, other than that i rarely see a sled deck where i ride, its either trailer or one in the bed by itself. Damn things cost more than a decent used 2 place trailer, and really no easy way to load a broken sled other than rope over the cab.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 1:32 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Challenging boat ramps for stupidity and funny videos since 2016

All pussy stuff my clam strips were quivering like a mother fucker the first 4 times I put a snow bike up on 1 . And I have only done it 4 times really don't want to again .

Sleds ez as fuck 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

All pussy stuff my clam strips were quivering like a mother fucker the first 4 times I put a snow bike up on 1 . And I have only done it 4 times really don't want to again .

Sleds ez as fuck 

Doues not look like a great deal of fun..

The throttle control is quite amazing in these vids... seriously.  You don't need to gun it to make it up a ramp, the track will grab!  I load my sled in the bed of my truck all the time, you don't have to get more than the primary to grab the belt, it will crawl right up there.

But yeah, those sled decks.  I saw AT LEAST half a dozen heading north last Saturday, they are getting to be more popular for some reason... My buddy has a 1-ton with a flat deck, that is the way to go if you really want to haul two sleds on the back of a truck.

• Like 1

Hell we used to use my 2place tip up to load my sled in back of truck.

just right amount of gas then brake and she jumped right in!!

then load buddies sleds on trailer!!😁

sure wish we had camera phones in our 20’s!!

On 2/13/2023 at 6:44 PM, 800renegaderider said:

Trailers fucking suck ass . I own 4 of them I fucking hate trailering anything . Everything is a pita.  Getting gas going to a store . Driving in traffic.  Parking on a street ot lot .driving in wind  . Just jumping in truck to run to store once at destination.  Any reason to not have to have a trailer behind me is good enough  sled decks are only sketchy the first time up and after the 3rd time down you don't even think about it . Snowbikes now that still makes by ass hole pucker driving up a sled deck ramp 

• Like 1

Walking down the road in GM this weekend some sleds rode into a gas station where a sled deck was waiting, must have had a sick kitty.  There were six dudes standing around it like they weren't sure how to get it up there, I really wanted to watch to see it play out but I had place to be.  The sled was running but I think it was sick.  It did not look fun.