Brisk Pace Ride #2... March 4, '23

D-rail

From the pages over at HCS...

Ok.. here we go again. I ran over 90% of this yesterday, and with a mere mile or two of disruption, mostly due to logging, or alleyways in small towns, the trails should be intact unless we get some crazy warm-up and a bunch of rain. It's a good 200 mile ride.

Start time is @ 8 am, at the Martin Road parking lot, just on the northeast part of Duluth. The trailhead is close to the Jean Duluth Road. Maybe a mile away. It's NOT the one by Boomtown. The warm weather might cause more traffic up north as the season progresses, so I think we have to get to this lot early, or it won't have room if we get a big turn-out this ride. A few of us are gonna start at the Lester Park beginning spot. I'd say be in the lot to claim yer place by 7:30, or earlier if possible.

We will be heading up the North Shore trail, to the Pequaywan Trail system, go north to Hoyt Lakes, refuel, have lunch at the Haven lounge, head over to Giant's Ridge, and along the Laurentian towards Virginia, south across the highest bridge in Minnesota, and down the Trailhawk's trails to Cotton (fuel stop) & Canyon, then over the Reservoir Trails and back to the NSST. These trails are not as wide/fast as the State Trail for cruising, but do offer some interesting terrain and challenging features.

As always, be on your best behaviour (you know who you are!!), and be courteous when meeting/passing others. Be ready to depart promptly @ 8.

Call/text me @ 218-391-8507 if you are running late.

No official HCS ( or Freedomsledder) endorsement of any kind is gonna happen, you're on yer own here.