Central MN Riding

Sled_Hed

53 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

What way did you go? We had snow until the little bridge headed to holiday. Sucks that you have to cross the grocery store lot to get to the gas pumps. 

Is it even 100 feet??  A road would be a different story.

12 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Is it even 100 feet??  A road would be a different story.

Might be 200. I guess my issue is trying to navigate around parked cars on bare asphalt with my no reverse sled. Maybe I'm just a whiner. :dunno:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

What way did you go? We had snow until the little bridge headed to holiday. Sucks that you have to cross the grocery store lot to get to the gas pumps. 

Saturday.  But I don't think we went in the same way.  I saw there was another spur trail into town.  We went to cenex.  Had to go by a power sports store and some other crap but I don't think we went through a grocery store 

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Saturday.  But I don't think we went in the same way.  I saw there was another spur trail into town.  We went to cenex.  Had to go by a power sports store and some other crap but I don't think we went through a grocery store 

Gotcha. You were up by moose lake implement, I've been through there on sled before too. We took this trail to gas.

Screenshot_20230307_121803_Polaris.jpg

23 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Another 10" plus around my place. Winter isn't going away quite yet.

Yeah it looks like a foot or so for me.  Driveway is fully drifted over like it's never been touched this year 🥶

What a year.

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yeah it looks like a foot or so for me.  Driveway is fully drifted over like it's never been touched this year 🥶

What a year.

Saw some reports of 14" up by Mc Gregor so I'm sure that's very possible. Driftskippers were just getting in from grooming when I was getting to work this morning. 

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

What a year.

And, another storm on the way.  Amazing.

North of US2, we got some freezing rain overnight and now light snow.  Not expecting more than a couple of inches.  We got very little rain and temps are supposed to remain below freezing probably until Monday.  This weekend should be excellent.

Played hooky yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) and all trails around here are groomed and in really good shape. A few bare spots, but generally plenty of snow. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Tamarack vintage rides this Saturday.  I'll be there anyone else going?  I think there may be just enough snow... maybe.  Going to send it 

My work buddy has a cabin in Emily, and we always try to get up there for one "Guys Trip" weekend every year.  He said right now, based on how things look up there, the trip is in jeopardy of not happening this year.  I know Tamarack is a little ways east of there, but if the snow cover around Tamarack is anything like Emily ... all I'm gonna say is, good luck with the vintage ride.  I sincerely hope it works out, because those are fun as hell to see and be part of! :bc:

6 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I’d be surprised if they get a ride in… but having been to that one a few times, I won’t be shocked if some try!

Some of them guys with bogey wheel sleds will ride on anything, especially if they have enough fireball :lol:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...