Big oil thanks you for your contribution last year

BOHICA

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Are you good with big oil record profits?

Are you good with government revenue from oil?

pretty simple questions…. I answered Sleepers question long ago while many avoid them

Stop pushing a narrative.  You bought an EV so you could get tax credits, you maximized your ROI, just like big oil does and other corporations do. 

Are you fine with the profits that Airlines make?

Are you fine with what stockholders of big oil companies are making?

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Stop pushing a narrative.  You bought an EV so you could get tax credits, you maximized your ROI, just like big oil does and other corporations do. 

Are you fine with the profits that Airlines make?

Are you fine with what stockholders of big oil companies are making?

Yep I am fine with all of it.  Said multiple times.  I’m 100% satisfied if the likes of Tesla make huge profits like they do.

now are you good with Big oil huge record profits last year and record fuel prices we had that generated those profits?

17 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

Who makes more profit on a gallon of gas, the government or the oil companies?

17 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

So who gets bigger cut, the government or the oil companies? 

17 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Not sure why it’s a big deal on who profits the most from oil.  The Biden Admin or big oil.  Every gallon you buy is more money for Biden and the big oil share buyback programs.  They are a well oiled team together parting fools from their money.  Are you proud you willingly give them so much of yours?

I would be embarrassed to gladly give that much money to the democrats that control the government!  I don’t like democrat policies so where I can avoid giving them money I will take that route every time.

No tap dancing.  How much did you give the government per gallon?  Biden loves your support!

And then you started deflecting…..

16 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Not outraged with anybody’s profits.  I’m ok with oil companies profits.  If the government profit more I’m cool with that as well.  I have a choice wether I choose to contribute.  
Hence the title of the thread.  You contributions are greatly appreciated.  without you the gov wouldn’t have record oil profits and neither would the oil companies

And here you are arguing that the the government profits more!  Congrats I appreciate you taking your taxed money out of your pocket and paying tax more taxes with each gallon using that already taxed money!

how much do you think you gave the government in profits last year per gallon?

how much did you give the oil companies in profit per gallon last year?

16 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Show in any of those post where I express outrage.  I’ve never been outraged with profits of any company.  Oil companies got cheap government oil.  If that means record profits all the way around, that is outstanding in my book!

how much per gallon did you send Uncle Joe last year?  Congrats and thank you!  Glad you are proud of it and are such an advocate for profitability of the government.  We need more like you!

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

And then you started deflecting…..

Again I am 100% good with both the government revenue from gas and big oils record profit from it.  Said it many times in this thread.  Even said that the gov like makes more revenue from oil.  Big bonus if there are ways though to not contribute a bunch to either 

you have had your answer several times in this thread.  😂.    But refuse to answer and went all Karen in 1 post talking about getting feelers hurt .

you good will big oil profits?  How much a gallon does the gov generate in revenue per gallon?

just admit it upsets you at record profits generated from pump price.

Edited by BOHICA

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Yep I am fine with all of it.  Said multiple times.  I’m 100% satisfied if the likes of Tesla make huge profits like they do.

now are you good with Big oil huge record profits last year and record fuel prices we had that generated those profits?

I am not bitching about private companies making profits by providing a product. 

You act as though these companies are not suppose to do that, at the same time the government is causing the prices of said products to skyrocket by exploitation under the guise of taxes and you seem to be cheering for that, as long as you can get some type of $$$ break on competitor prices.

Just now, BOHICA said:

Again I am 100% good with both the government revenue from gas and big oils record profit from it.  Said it many times in this thread.  Even said that the gov like makes more revenue from oil.  Big bonus if there are ways though to not contribute a bunch to either 

you have had your answer several times in this thread.  😂.    But refuse to answer and went all Karen in 1 post talking about getting feelers hurt .

you good will big oil profits?  How much a gallon does the gov generate in revenue per gallon?

Nope, you dodged answering that question to the point of ridicule. I’m not answering your questions, you’re just not that clever.

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Nope, you dodged answering that question to the point of ridicule. I’m not answering your questions, you’re just not that clever.

You are upset at profits aren’t you.  Your non answer is very telling on you feelings towards the matter. 

but back on topic.  Very impressive profits by big oil and the epic pissed off democrats at those profits.  What did the idiots think was going to happen by using tax payers SPR in an attempt to manipulate and subsidize the price at the pump.

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I am not bitching about private companies making profits by providing a product. 

You act as though these companies are not suppose to do that, at the same time the government is causing the prices of said products to skyrocket by exploitation under the guise of taxes and you seem to be cheering for that, as long as you can get some type of $$$ break on competitor prices.

I’m 100% in support of oil companies making record profits 

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You are upset at profits aren’t you.  Your non answer is very telling on you feelings towards the matter. 

but back on topic.  Very impressive profits by big oil and the epic pissed off democrats at those profits.  What did the idiots think was going to happen by using tax payers SPR in an attempt to manipulate and subsidize the price at the pump.

Nope, now you’re projecting  :lol:

as for non answers, that’s all you 

I’m 100% in support of oil companies making record profits 

Then why do you continue to try and get responses regarding it?  The push to get the US taxpayer against big oil right now is obvious and you are pushing the same thing in a passive aggressive way.  If you wanted a good conversation, list the profits going back to the 80's.

The profits are at a 7 year high and we can thank the Paris climate accord, Ukraine and democrats that pushed for both.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Then why do you continue to try and get responses regarding it?  The push to get the US taxpayer against big oil right now is obvious and you are pushing the same thing in a passive aggressive way.  If you wanted a good conversation, list the profits going back to the 80's.

The profits are at a 7 year high and we can thank the Paris climate accord, Ukraine and democrats that pushed for both.

So democrat policies such as Paris climate accord, Ukraine and such generate huge profits for private companies.  I’m all for private companies setting record profits as I have said multiple time in thread.  If democrat policies are elevating private company profits shouldn’t we be celebrating these policies that generate private industry profits if you are for private company profitability.  I am all for private company profits!  You?

this question was posed to me in the second post which I am assuming that we all agree that the government makes the most from oil….

“Who makes more profit on a gallon of gas, the government or the oil companies?”

and if big oil is making record profits from a gallon just curious how much a gallon the current administration is collecting per gallon as they collect more then the private companies….  Correct?  The fed government have a piddly 16 cents or so they collect in road tax but what do they collect in total per gallon?

Edited by BOHICA

So democrat policies such as Paris climate accord, Ukraine and such generate huge profits for private companies.  I’m all for private companies setting record profits as I have said multiple time in thread.  If democrat policies are elevating private company profits shouldn’t we be celebrating these policies that generate private industry profits?

You are all for promoting wars if it will generate huge profits for private companies???? 

Interesting take.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

I’m not all that outraged at what the gov does.  Trump started that vaccine bullshit with operation warp speed and Biden as his wingman continued it.  Republican and democrats made the money printing press with Trump in the captains chair go Brrrr.  Same as they will with Biden.

Now if I can find legal ways to avoid giving them money for there stupid projects that I don’t agree with I’m all for it.  They can use others money of those people that give the gov money to spend.

how do you feel about big oil record profits?  Hope they go up and have another record setting year!!!!

I'm not disturbed so much by them as I realize how huge these companies are and how often times they have losses to write off moving forward.

I do think there are some depreciation rules on leases and what not that could be looked at as well as lease costs associated with them.  I wouldn't have a problem with those being looked into and adjusted.

Tech companies sometimes make obscene profits and have govt protection as well.

Reality is in the end investors and customers pay corp taxes so I'd like to see them all go thru a major overhaul.     

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You are all for promoting wars if it will generate huge profits for private companies???? 

Interesting take.

I like profitable private companies.  I don’t care if Ukrainians or Russians die.  If our involvement keeps US troops out of harms way and keeps our military equipment building contractors profitable I could care less if they send tanks to Ukraine.  Sending troops is another whole different issue like Bush did to secure Middle East oil.

how much total revenue does the gov make per gallon?

Edited by BOHICA

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

how much total revenue does the gov make per gallon?

I am sure you know how to use a search on the internet.  Should be easy to find.  In fact, I am sure that it has been posted somewhere on this site over the years, since this narrative is not new.  The current government wants to blame anything but their policies for high gas prices, but many here see through that rhetoric and wish others would as well.

Electricity companies are making record profits, but I don't see you saying anything about that.

Again, you can tell the narrative using any internet search.

Pages about record oil profits pop up when searching that.

Search Electric company profits and you may find 2 or 3 articles regarding that subject.

It's a narrative that is being pushed and you are falling for it.

Edited by racer254

• Gold Member
Just now, racer254 said:

I am sure you know how to use a search on the internet.  Should be easy to find.  In fact, I am sure that it has been posted somewhere on this site over the years, since this narrative is not new.  The current government wants to blame anything but their policies for high gas prices, but many here see through that rhetoric and wish others would as well.

Multiple policies and not just the governments come into play into profits for business IMO

If the Paris Climate Accord is partial responsible for big oil profits I don’t see how it’s bad unless I disagree with corp profits, which I don’t. 

If it solely cause of government then the current admin needs to be celebrated for fostering an environment and enacting policies that allow record profits for private corps such as big oil to be realized.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Electricity companies are making record profits, but I don't see you saying anything about that.

Cause I think it’s great!  Infrastructure expansion is getting pretty nuts and had my best year financially with all the infrastructure hardening and expansion last year.

Multiple policies and not just the governments come into play into profits for business IMO

If the Paris Climate Accord is partial responsible for big oil profits I don’t see how it’s bad unless I disagree with corp profits, which I don’t. 

If it solely cause of government then the current admin needs to be celebrated for fostering an environment and enacting policies that allow record profits for private corps such as big oil to be realized.

Liberal policies by design HURT the middle class.  High energy prices HURT the middle class.

The responsibility of a government is to provide a climate for private business not to create policies to push profits.

• Gold Member
Just now, racer254 said:

Liberal policies by design HURT the middle class.  High energy prices HURT the middle class.

The responsibility of a government is to provide a climate for private business not to create policies to push profits.

So you are against private company profits if it hurts the middle class?

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Keep assigning positions.  It seems to make the conversation go better for you.

Does the government make more in profits per gallon when fuel prices are high or low?  Tax stays the same per gallon.  I would say that the government had more oil revenue in Trump 2019 then they did any year of Biden thus far.  More permits/leases bought by big oil under Trump and such.

government profit from oil are the same IMO wether it’s $5 a gallon or $2.  Whose profits increase are the private companies on the back of the middle class.

Increase in profits from $2 a gallon to $5 a gallon go 100% to big oil.  If they can pump oil at $50 a barrel and all of a sudden that same oil coming out of that exact same well can be sold for $100 a barrel, that is all profit for big oil.  Government sees no revenue increase from that.  Private companies have pumped less during Biden (it’s a common complaint from the right) while achieving record profits.  

I believe even some auto manufactures have set record profits on less sales over the past couple years.

which I am 100% ok with all of it as record profits are great for business.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

For someone that claims to be conservative, you sure seem to support a lot of liberal government policy narratives.

Corp profits and being thrilled they are setting records is a liberal narrative?  The more money energy makes the more I make.  I 100% love that big oil profits are record setting and hope they double this year!

what are your feelings on big oil profits?

Edited by BOHICA