Ski-doo announcing mid-year release of flatland turbo

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.  I wonder what BRP's price tag will be, seeing the Boost models are well over $20K out the door.  Imagine what the price tag will be when Polaris goes with the 11" display and the dynamic shocks ... $30K here we come :whistle:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.  I wonder what BRP's price tag will be, seeing the Boost models are well over $20K out the door.  Imagine what the price tag will be when Polaris goes with the 11" display and the dynamic shocks ... $30K here we come :whistle:

Buddy asked what the price was going to be?  He was told a lot.

18 hours ago, Bontz said:

You probably aren't far off unfortunately.   Lately the riding season in NWL Michigan is about 3 weeks.   Hard to get excited about spending any $ on snowmobiling.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bontz said:

You wouldn't think a slightly bigger display should warrant that much more.  I'm sure it will, but how much more does it cost to make? You can buy a 40"TV for next to nothing nowadays.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 7:39 PM, p51mstg said:

Sorry, I can't resist....

326311408_6546672052016824_372051270820906644_n.jpg.a65bfe16c9bfbc20a2afafd106570902.jpg

I stole this from a friend on Facebook.

you kids get outside and stare at a different screen... 

so when is this new flatland turbo the world needs supposed to be launched?   

unrelated, but has anyone here purchased the new Polaris ProStar-4 or know anyone that bought one?  haven't heard much about it other than while catching up on SnowTrax last night.       

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you kids get outside and stare at a different screen... 

so when is this new flatland turbo the world needs supposed to be launched?   

unrelated, but has anyone here purchased the new Polaris ProStar-4 or know anyone that bought one?  haven't heard much about it other than while catching up on SnowTrax last night.       

An S4 Indy was going to be my wife's new sled until I rode the Catalyst.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

You did. You are just too:groin: stupid to realize it. 

listen you dumb shit... is your username P51mstg who's actually ridden the Catalyst?

No?

go away again if you can't act like an adult on certain forums.  no one will miss you... maybe Kale posted something new today for you to post about.

have a nice day ;)

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

interesting, why? 🤔 

They say it's a really smooth power band - with less power and additional weight, it ought to be.  Smart warmers and GPS would be nice to have, but I don't whether those are worth the extra money for the amount of riding she does in a season.  The problem is that I've been concerned about the added weight making the steering a little more difficult (that would be a deal breaker for her).  I'd hoped to see EPS on the S4 before pulling the trigger, but after riding the Catalyst, I don't think I need to wait for that day to come.

With the Catalyst's easy steering and new riding position, it's the my new number one choice for her.  Besides, that means I get to "break it in" for her, and keep carbon from building up on the exhaust valves.  

By the way, my expectation that EPS would make 4-strokes better for beginner or intermediate riders turned out to be right.  The Thundercat and Riot9000 with EPS make you forget about steering - it's so intuitive, you kind forget you're doing it.  Your brain turns, and the sled follows where your brain told it to go.  Pretty cool.  It doesn't have the instant feedback of normal steering, though - kind of like the overboosted power steering in cars from the 70's. 

Edited by p51mstg
  • Like 1