Systemic Fatherless

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'm very thankful my parents stuck by each other till the end. These kids don't have a chance in hell most of the times. And then they go through Detroit Public schools 

Edited by Skidooski
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I'm very thankful my parents stuck by each other till the end. These kids don't have a chance in hell most of the times. And then they go through Detroit Public schools 

It’s a problem that creates its own feedback loop 

17 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

My dad turned black when I was 14. :lol: Obviously I'm toxic as ACE pointed out. Thanks for the label bud :bc:

Man the things you can learn on FS :news:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HSR said:

My dad turned black when I was 14. :lol: Obviously I'm toxic as ACE pointed out. Thanks for the label bud :bc:

Man the things you can learn on FS :news:

Well, it’s not like we haven’t noticed 

• Haha 1

Participation in your kids lives is #1 - too many people shirk this responsibility.  Whether the parents can get along or not, it has to be a priority and unfortunately, too many kids don't get that from both parents in an amicable fashion.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

It’s a problem that creates its own feedback loop 

Yup. It is a vicious cycle.  

my brother and I are the perfect example.  Everything equal.  Same parents, town , schools, etc. 

His kids were raised in a broken home.  All fucked up and gone on to repeat the same situation with kids of their own.  While both of my kids are excelling at life.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Well, it’s not like we haven’t noticed 

I'll be sure to let my mother know too. Thanks for such intelligent insight my man :thumb:

BTW not looking for sympathy, things wouldn't have worked out as well if he hadn't left , who knows. I'm proud to say I put myself through college ,got an engineering ticket and went to work and retired at 50 with out asking anyone for help. No help from my family or my in-laws :thumb:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HSR said:

I'll be sure to let my mother know too. Thanks for such intelligent insight my man :thumb:

BTW not looking for sympathy, things wouldn't have worked out as well if he hadn't left , who knows. I'm proud to say I put myself through college ,got an engineering ticket and went to work and retired at 50 with out asking anyone for help. No help from my family or my in-laws :thumb:

Some people aren’t strong enough to make it without a father or mother. I don’t think sludgey would’ve made it. Too weak inside. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That would make a lot of white people more comfortable. Other than that, it wouldn’t change a thing. 

Ok.  :lol:Do you think it will make a difference?  Nahhhh, lets just not talk about it. 

It is a white peoples problem too.  

Obviously, a leading cause of liberalism as well, by some of the butt hurt. 🤔

• Like 1