If you can't handle your machine...

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this and incidents like this are why I absolutely refuse to ride 'up north' and around here generally lead.  10-12' wide trail and most of the tracks are right down the middle.  inexperienced riders are just as bad as experienced racer wanna be's.  the hand signals have also gotten out of hand.  on Sunday in the middle of a f'ng cornfield I had a group of four swerving and weaving trying to do hand signals and I could see the entire f'ng group.  keep your f'ng hands on the gdamn bars and your machine in control please.  sadly there's no IQ requirements to participate in this sport.

As someone who gets assigned the lead A LOT, I hear ya on the hand signals.  I’m fine with them myself, if you can do it without losing control (which many seem to not be able to do) and as a leader it just helps to know they better slow their asses down since they missed me. 
And all the tracks in on groove, I just don’t get it.  It’s smoother on the edges, carbides bite better there, and with a little practice is the funnest place on the trail to be.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 3

Friday during the day we seen 3 large groups of rental sleds.  I cringe when I see these especially when I got hit by one a few years ago.  Riding on the wrong side of corners, stopping side by side on the trail so you can't get around them and following them for miles because they don't know your behind them and no good place to pass.  Some try to signal and I'm thinking keep your hands on the handlebars.

It's getting to be traffic on Fridays are as bad as the weekends.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Friday during the day we seen 3 large groups of rental sleds.  I cringe when I see these especially when I got hit by one a few years ago.  Riding on the wrong side of corners, stopping side by side on the trail so you can't get around them and following them for miles because they don't know your behind them and no good place to pass.  Some try to signal and I'm thinking keep your hands on the handlebars.

It's getting to be traffic on Fridays are as bad as the weekends.

Seasoned riders need to pay attention to this just the same.  Came upon a group stopped on the side of the trail and as I rode up, the leader took off and never looked back for MILES on a tight can't safely pass trail.  The guy even had mirrors... his entire group signalled us by them.  So finally I get a chance to pass him in a swamp, and the guy behind me in my group says now the race is on, because he got passed.  Needless to say, I rode away from him. 

Now we get to the next bar, I stop my group to get them all together (2 guys were riding a little slower, no biggie), and he rides around us and takes off again.  Ok buddy, have at it, I know a short cut to the next establishment....  The look on his face when my entire group was sitting in the parking area as they arrived was priceless!  A snicker and a sneer and he continued on... we were at our destination so we enjoyed a chuckle among ourselves.

Like people used to say to me, it's not a race out there!  Ok, so just let the group that caught you go.... 

5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Seasoned riders need to pay attention to this just the same.  Came upon a group stopped on the side of the trail and as I rode up, the leader took off and never looked back for MILES on a tight can't safely pass trail.  The guy even had mirrors... his entire group signalled us by them.  So finally I get a chance to pass him in a swamp, and the guy behind me in my group says now the race is on, because he got passed.  Needless to say, I rode away from him. 

Now we get to the next bar, I stop my group to get them all together (2 guys were riding a little slower, no biggie), and he rides around us and takes off again.  Ok buddy, have at it, I know a short cut to the next establishment....  The look on his face when my entire group was sitting in the parking area as they arrived was priceless!  A snicker and a sneer and he continued on... we were at our destination so we enjoyed a chuckle among ourselves.

Like people used to say to me, it's not a race out there!  Ok, so just let the group that caught you go.... 

Know what your talking about.  Some of the hardest guys to safety pass have mirrors.  

Also when you have the one guy that sees you coming and starts his sled to stay ahead of you and leaves his group behind then its game on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ran in to the corner blowing crew on Sunday. 

Figuratively and almost literally.  

As I ran down the trail, they had been doing it for miles and miles on end.  

And I get strange looks putting on and taking off my Tekvest...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

And I get strange looks putting on and taking off my Tekvest...

Been wearing a Tekvest for years.  Was the only one wearing one for the longest time.  Now there's 4 guys wearing them in our group

On 3/1/2023 at 4:55 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

After the last big storm, I think everyone that has reading comprehension issues was out.

A few days in a row, I saw the Federal fish and wildlife officer out and about, which I never see.

A few fuckers went a tore up the federal waterfowl area by our place.

Yeah, great fucking job.

You have drawn the attention of the feds not only on yourselves, but all the riders in the area.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

After the last big storm, I think everyone that has reading comprehension issues was out.

A few days in a row, I saw the Federal fish and wildlife officer out and about, which I never see.

A few fuckers went a tore up the federal waterfowl area by our place.

Yeah, great fucking job.

You have drawn the attention of the feds not only on yourselves, but all the riders in the area.

we need an angry 😡 face @ckf

• 5 weeks later...

Newer riders need guidance and someone to show them/explain some of the things being talked about in this post.. What is it with riding past groups at 90+/ fast speeds ??  This shit pisses me off just as much as the asshole that cant control his sled in a turn..  We ride from 7 AM sharp until 2-4 pm period!  I see way more asshole/throttle jockeys in late afternoon then 7-8 am.. I'm all about give it some juice and going fast but be in control AND slow down some when other are approaching. If your such a hot dog, big shot fast guy >with a little dick take it to the race track! 

Edited by jonlafon1

I don't get it either.  Ride as fast as you want if under control and nobody is coming.  Meaning slow the fuck down for ten seconds when someone is coming down the trail at your or if you are coming up on a blind corner and cannot see the other side.  Nearly every single near miss we had this year would not have happened.

The other one is those following in groups think it's a green light to ride the wrong side of the trail.  I realize it's tempting and for some it is the only way they can try to keep up to ricky racer out in front that is going balls to the wall all day. 

If you cannot see down the trail or around corners even if following stay right and slow down.  Otherwise ride as fast as you fucking want to.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jdsky said:

I don't get it either.  Ride as fast as you want if under control and nobody is coming.  Meaning slow the fuck down for ten seconds when someone is coming down the trail at your or if you are coming up on a blind corner and cannot see the other side.  Nearly every single near miss we had this year would not have happened.

The other one is those following in groups think it's a green light to ride the wrong side of the trail.  I realize it's tempting and for some it is the only way they can try to keep up to ricky racer out in front that is going balls to the wall all day. 

If you cannot see down the trail or around corners even if following stay right and slow down.  Otherwise ride as fast as you fucking want to.

On the bold, I saw the worst case of this EVER one of my last rides of the season.  Leading, my group was a little spread out, so I let this other group that was taking off when we came up to them go ahead of me.  I followed the sweep close enough for AT LEAST 10-12 miles just waiting for carnage as he was on the inside of left hand turns and sweeping wide across the trail on the right hand turns trying to keep up... I'm glad no one was coming the other way.  I just don't get it...