Abitibi Canyon

Steve753

• Platinum Contributing Member

Heading up to Cochrane to ride the canyon with a group this Tuesday. Possibly ride to James Bay. Has anyone stayed at the North Adventure Inn this year? Seeing mixed reviews. Was there quite a few years ago and it was great. Heard it's changed hands a few times since.

17 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

I don't know anything about that Inn but enjoy your ride what a great trip to take.  Something I really looked into when I was  younger but never the proper sled for it and sadly never will lol.

I'm too old to dig shit out 

I'm 53 soon to be 54. I'm really hoping we can go to James Bay. I've done the loop to Fraserdale many times, just not recently.

Agree with Revrnd, I've seen the same posts on Facebook about big improvements for this season.

I stayed at the Station Inn last time I was there.

Posted on 705 Snowmobiles Facebook group.

Just wanted to post a review on the North Adventure Inn. After seeing another post on here I thought I'd share my experience. My group headed to Cochrane last weekend. Total of 5 (2 father/sons and a 5th). Overall we were happy with the stay. The place is huge but still unfortunately has a bad rep from previous owners. The new owners are great people and very accommodating. We stayed in one of the loft rooms which had 2 beds and a pull out couch with room to spread out (all older furniture). There was fast/reliable Internet and the TV had the ability to log on to our streaming service accounts which was great for the teens when the men went for a drink downstairs. The room was clean and any requests we had (extra pillows, linens, towells etc) where delivered promptly. The place has an hottub but we didn't reealise and didn't have our suits. The bar area is sparse but has your standard light and regular beer selection along with the normal spirits a pool table and dart board. We spent Friday evening there for the Karaoke which started slow but by 10:30 the place had about 30 people all enjoying their time. The Hotel is well positioned right on the trail with easy access to all directions of travel. There is food available but options are limited. One of the best parts of the stay was the availability of heated secure storage for our 5 sleds at a cost of $10/sled/night. Given that is was minus 20 Saturday morning and minus 35 Sunday morning😳😳, it was great to have a warm sled to start while not having to worry about theft overnight. Shop could probably hold 10 sleds comfortably. Unfortunately, for the hotel we were the only ones staying there, and it was obvious that the old reputation the place has is going to be hard for the hotel to overcome. It seemed that every other place in town had many sled trailers in the parking lot. On that note there is plenty of space for our sled trailer and truck to park. They even allow you to stay parked there after you check out if you decide on one last ride before leaving town. Don't get me wrong, the place certainly isn't the Ritz (is anything in Cochrane?😁😁) but the hotel definitely was comfortable and clean enough for us. I look forward to returning to stay there again in the future and hope to see them succceed. With more revenuue, I'm sure the furnishings will improve. But for now it is definitely somewhere you should consider on your next sled trip.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2