Carbides

I love these Stud Boy Deuce 9” - these used ones have 12,000+ miles on them but still have a ton of carbide left.  Do any of you sharpen used carbides?  Obviously there’s a ton left on these that I’m sure I could get a few thousand miles out of them if I could put the edge back on them to make them grab better.  New ones went on the 18 today, going to see what difference they make over the next 3 days.

4A79BDC9-64BB-4401-AC4A-D608B18FA053.jpeg

FCC4885F-E916-449D-81A5-1A6ABEA730CC.jpeg

• Like 1

Been using SnowStud Sniper runners this year and so far am happy with them.  I sharpen mine on a grinder using a diamond wheel.  I've had the same diamond wheel now 5+ years

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 3:26 PM, Mag6240 said:

I love these Stud Boy Deuce 9” - these used ones have 12,000+ miles on them but still have a ton of carbide left.  Do any of you sharpen used carbides?  Obviously there’s a ton left on these that I’m sure I could get a few thousand miles out of them if I could put the edge back on them to make them grab better.  New ones went on the 18 today, going to see what difference they make over the next 3 days.

According the internet only bergstroms go that long. You must be doing something wrong lol. If you are riding in good snow I doubt you will notice much of a difference. When things get icy or driving up to the gas pump you will notice a difference. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

According the internet only bergstroms go that long. You must be doing something wrong lol. If you are riding in good snow I doubt you will notice much of a difference. When things get icy or driving up to the gas pump you will notice a difference. 

You beat me to it. Old Jack on mn snowmobile riders told us all the other day bergstroms were the only way.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:26 PM, Mag6240 said:

Impressive, only other brand I've ever seen with a crap ton of miles on them like that is Bergstroms!

• Like 1