ERX Midwest ride-in

mnstang

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I wanted to, but I'll just drink too much and buy shit I don't need.

You say that like it's a bad thing 

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

I assumed you'd be headed to Tamarack. 

Was hoping to but it's looking a little colder and I haven't been home for a few weeks so decided to stay home.  I think I'll stick a 440 in the puma and bring the #2 mod 

24 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You say that like it's a bad thing 

Was hoping to but it's looking a little colder and I haven't been home for a few weeks so decided to stay home.  I think I'll stick a 440 in the puma and bring the #2 mod 

Nice. I haven't been to the erx venue but have heard good things. Looks chilly this weekend so probably some quality garage time. 

Well I was thoroughly surprised at how cool the ERX vintage day was.  Decent little swap (I bought a sled!), Cool trails to ride and there was no limits where to go, the whole place was free reign.  Place to warm up.  Sled show we just caught the tail end but looked cool.  Lots of food available.  Tons of people, constant traffic.  We will definitely be back, I recommend to anyone into snowmobiles 

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

Well I was thoroughly surprised at how cool the ERX vintage day was.  Decent little swap (I bought a sled!), Cool trails to ride and there was no limits where to go, the whole place was free reign.  Place to warm up.  Sled show we just caught the tail end but looked cool.  Lots of food available.  Tons of people, constant traffic.  We will definitely be back, I recommend to anyone into snowmobiles 

Well, what did ya buy?

12 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Well, what did ya buy?

The 93 jag Z in that picture.  I got it for $100 and it is mostly complete.  I've been looking for a jag pipe for a while for the puma 440 project.  It has a pipe, both carbs and cables, the engine turns over, a good seat.  A tachometer with the harness needed to install on the puma or farm Jag or something (future cougar?). Complete wide front suspension I could retrofit to puma or farm Jag.  And basically an entire sled of spare parts, mostly a complete sled just missing the clutches and nose cone.  Could put the hood in the wall.  I didn't want to buy it but I couldn't justify not buying it.  Saw it in the morning and then swung back through at the end and drug it back.  It's close enough to complete that I could clean it and make it a runner and I've always wanted a 93 and hate to break up the hood and tunnel matching set but I just can't have another sled.

Screenshot_20230128-222825.png

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The 93 jag Z in that picture.  I got it for $100 and it is mostly complete.  I've been looking for a jag pipe for a while for the puma 440 project.  It has a pipe, both carbs and cables, the engine turns over, a good seat.  A tachometer with the harness needed to install on the puma or farm Jag or something (future cougar?). Complete wide front suspension I could retrofit to puma or farm Jag.  And basically an entire sled of spare parts, mostly a complete sled just missing the clutches and nose cone.  Could put the hood in the wall.  I didn't want to buy it but I couldn't justify not buying it.  Saw it in the morning and then swung back through at the end and drug it back.  It's close enough to complete that I could clean it and make it a runner and I've always wanted a 93 and hate to break up the hood and tunnel matching set but I just can't have another sled.

Screenshot_20230128-222825.png

Sounds like it was definitely worth it.