the groomer goes by...

6 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Just photoshop this in between apex and acceleration.

This was in NH too

7D60AA14-EF60-4D74-9722-D385D482D5CA.jpeg

first of all I can't believe a SkiDoo made it that far into a corner without tipping over, secondly the Polaris has a gigantic windshield and two up seat, probably some helmet communication system and the passenger was reading the 7S screen about the latest Polaris recall which is why the driver didn't stop before the impact.

if I could caption this picture it would read 'search party looking for a midget who was on the wrong side of the trail, is yet to be found'.

miright @jdsky?   

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Gold Member
53 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

first of all I can't believe a SkiDoo made it that far into a corner without tipping over, secondly the Polaris has a gigantic windshield and two up seat, probably some helmet communication system and the passenger was reading the 7S screen about the latest Polaris recall which is why the driver didn't stop before the impact.

if I could caption this picture it would read 'search party looking for a midget who was on the wrong side of the trail, is yet to be found'.

miright @jdsky?   

I know this will probably shock you but both those sleds were rentals and they even some how managed to crash on the fucking straight railroad bed. Lucky for them the fish cops were hiding in the pines running radar on the straights right where they collided.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/safety/no-injuries-reported-after-two-snowmobiles-hit-head-on-in-gorham/article_d161154d-aa4c-5538-8c70-0956edd4cdae.html

9 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I know this will probably shock you but both those sleds were rentals and they even some how managed to crash on the fucking straight railroad bed. Lucky for them the fish cops were hiding in the pines running radar on the straights right where they collided.

https://www.unionleader.com/news/safety/no-injuries-reported-after-two-snowmobiles-hit-head-on-in-gorham/article_d161154d-aa4c-5538-8c70-0956edd4cdae.html

Both operators were wearing helmets at the time of the crash.

that's a shame... Darwin lost

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

miright @jdsky?   

Exactly right.  The Doo rider was getting into the required position to make the corner without getting off the sled.  The Poo rider was watching a review of the new Catalyst on that fancy gauge.  

On a brighter note.  We rode for a few days last week.  Almost pushed the trip as we were arriving Wed and all the forecasts kept saying an inch or two.  Thankfully the snow came and we had a great time.  Thursday was just fantastic.  Almost keep forgetting how much more fun sledding is when snow is involved in snowmobiling.  We thought Friday would still be ok and rode through insayner just to see how things were stacking up.  What a fucking shitshow that was already. 

Headed as far South and East as we could on Saturday and Sunday.  Was a great trip overall.  I only had to come to a complete stop one time and watch an asshat going way to fast sliding straight towards me on a sharp turn.  By some luck of all holy snow gods his carbides finally caught something other than the glare ice and he managed to get on his side just prior to impact.  It was a miracle.

The only issue we had all trip was our token Texan on a VR1 rental had the throttle ice up and stick several times on Thursday.  I guess Poo's hate actual snow on the trails.  We also had some great news that the last Cat diehard holdout may actually upgrade his 07' to a Catalyst for next season.   That will be awesome because he is hunting for gas when the rest of us still have half a tank left......  It's all fun.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Exactly right.  The Doo rider was getting into the required position to make the corner without getting off the sled.  The Poo rider was watching a review of the new Catalyst on that fancy gauge.  

On a brighter note.  We rode for a few days last week.  Almost pushed the trip as we were arriving Wed and all the forecasts kept saying an inch or two.  Thankfully the snow came and we had a great time.  Thursday was just fantastic.  Almost keep forgetting how much more fun sledding is when snow is involved in snowmobiling.  We thought Friday would still be ok and rode through insayner just to see how things were stacking up.  What a fucking shitshow that was already. 

Headed as far South and East as we could on Saturday and Sunday.  Was a great trip overall.  I only had to come to a complete stop one time and watch an asshat going way to fast sliding straight towards me on a sharp turn.  By some luck of all holy snow gods his carbides finally caught something other than the glare ice and he managed to get on his side just prior to impact.  It was a miracle.

The only issue we had all trip was our token Texan on a VR1 rental had the throttle ice up and stick several times on Thursday.  I guess Poo's hate actual snow on the trails.  We also had some great news that the last Cat diehard holdout may actually upgrade his 07' to a Catalyst for next season.   That will be awesome because he is hunting for gas when the rest of us still have half a tank left......  It's all fun.  

you should swing by here some time, I have a pair of tow straps we utilize to help Doo riders in the group get around corners... saves us LOADS of time!

just be glad a SkiDoo didn't tip over and start the Polaris on fire  ;)

I had test ridden the Poo a couple of seasons back when it first came out but this was first time to try out the VR1 650.  Not bad (pretty fast for a 600 class) but I still don't see what all the fuss is about.  It still has typical Poo quality (the same quality I deal with in the other Poo products I currently own) and while the plastics are nice and shiny it's the fact that Poo still short cuts all of the basic stuff to save money.  When the throttle iced up, which is did several times, the cable attachment at the flipper is a fucking joke and just came right off.  I mean, I haven't seen a throttle cable ice up and stick for over 25 years.  It's shit like this that will keep me away from their sleds.  

Hopefully next season I can ride the 15 year holdouts new Catalyst and see what all of that fuss is really about.  That is if any of them actually get delivered next season.

• Like 1