the groomer goes by...

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

In MN, it'd be followed by at least one dingbat stopping and hammering it every 500 feet in the dead center of the trail.  

$100 says they run a fucking can and need a 1.75" lug to shovel snow on a groomed trail too... o.O

I stopped a couple times yesterday to take pics of a 96" wide trail and all the tracks were in the middle or in the vicinity of the apex 

some folks should just take up kite boarding or macramé in winter... because it's obvious they don't know how to ride a snowmobile where others do as well. 

• Like 2

I spend a ton of time in the groomer. The one that gets me are the wanna be powder riders who stand up with their backpacks and go back and forth across the freshly groomed trail in the road ditches, or even jumping the trail.

Most of our tourists are clubs and families, and they are VERY courteous. But there are more and more off trail, wanna be powder riders. 

Nice avalanche pack..... in Wisconsin...... And they all seem to be wearing Tobe or 509 gear...... 

Edited by Ziemann
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

In MN, it'd be followed by at least one dingbat stopping and hammering it every 500 feet in the dead center of the trail.  

Sounds like Ben dialing in his new "don't touch leave it stock it's good enough I'm only adding 70hp" clutch kit.

Available on Amazon for $0.97.

• Haha 1

May be hard to see but all the ski and track marks leading into and out of this fairly sweeping turn were right in the middle or apex of the turn.  If it was a one way trail... that'd be fine, but we don't have any one way trails here.  IDK if people just suck at riding, if they're going to fast to maintain a line on their side of the trail or just aren't conscious of what they are doing?  The thought of a head on collision due to someone else's utter incompetence really bugs me at times.  

My tracks were the first and only tracks on the right side of the trail in this turn.

IMG_20230122_122926077_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230122_123001037_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230122_122935808.jpg

IMG_20230122_123014127_HDR.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

My brother had that exact thing happen while grooming once. Guy on a long track hits the fresh ribbon and proceeds to hammer it and leave a big pile behind him.

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

$100 says they run a fucking can and need a 1.75" lug to shovel snow on a groomed trail too... o.O

I stopped a couple times yesterday to take pics of a 96" wide trail and all the tracks were in the middle or in the vicinity of the apex 

some folks should just take up kite boarding or macramé in winter... because it's obvious they don't know how to ride a snowmobile where others do as well. 

It's the same here, lots of places where you can ride fresh trail if you're on the edges.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

May be hard to see but all the ski and track marks leading into and out of this fairly sweeping turn were right in the middle or apex of the turn.  If it was a one way trail... that'd be fine, but we don't have any one way trails here.  IDK if people just suck at riding, if they're going to fast to maintain a line on their side of the trail or just aren't conscious of what they are doing?  The thought of a head on collision due to someone else's utter incompetence really bugs me at times.  

My tracks were the first and only tracks on the right side of the trail in this turn.

Isn't that 99% of all corners?  I don't get it either.  Its smoother out there wide to the right, my favorite place to be on a trail.  You know someone who stays to the right by the scratches on the side panels.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You're lucky to still have snow in the corners, most places I've ridden the snow is pushed into the outer edges of the turn leaving a berm. Brake slide into the turn and pin it to the bars coming out of the turn leaving the center of the corners icy. The groomers have a hell of a time trying to get the snow filled back so they look somewhat like your corner pictures do.

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I notice this all the time, for the same reason. I'm usually the first track on the outside where you should be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Isn't that 99% of all corners?  I don't get it either.  Its smoother out there wide to the right, my favorite place to be on a trail.  You know someone who stays to the right by the scratches on the side panels.

I ride mostly at night, so I can see oncoming traffic from a good distance

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, krom said:

I ride mostly at night, so I can see oncoming traffic from a good distance

I like getting out in the morning when the flatland weekend warriors are still hung over and the drunks aren't out yet.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I like getting out in the morning when the flatland weekend warriors are still hung over and the drunks aren't out yet.

Same here. We only saw a couple sleds until about noon on Saturday. First bar we came past had about 30 sleds though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Same here. We only saw a couple sleds until about noon on Saturday. First bar we came past had about 30 sleds though.

in my mere 52 years on this big blue sphere I've found alcohol does not make people better drivers/riders, dancers, singers or lovers.  it does make what you post on the internet seem funnier at the moment though?  :lmao:

• Haha 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

in my mere 52 years on this big blue sphere I've found alcohol does not make people better drivers/riders, dancers, singers or lovers.  it does make what you post on the internet seem funnier at the moment though?  :lmao:

Brain softener! :lol:

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member

Car and Driver did a article years ago with a Pro Driver on a closed course . And they timed him on laps as he stopped had another drink and got more drunk. :lmao:

If I recall one drink he went faster but after that he got slower and sloppier 

Everyone has a limit

4 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

The Internet class for wannabe racers tells you to take turns like this though 🤷‍♂️ 

AAD4E7C9-E9F7-4394-8C3B-2BEA1F0A3AF2.png

That's the fastest way around a single apex corner, and how I ride when there isn't any traffic

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

The Internet class for wannabe racers tells you to take turns like this though 🤷‍♂️ 

AAD4E7C9-E9F7-4394-8C3B-2BEA1F0A3AF2.png

True

They should do one with two sleds coming from opposite directions