Scratchers

akvanden

Not bringing the sled to a fashion show, cut a section of old garden hose in half and zip tie that to the rail.  They’re covered in snow in a mile when not in use if you’re concerned with looks.  Cable scratchers work just fine.  

1E547363-3CE6-4FD8-A83B-5281F22BE72F.png

DB972E47-E36E-4076-A0E8-FFD02199D0A3.png

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 4:53 AM, Mag6240 said:

Not bringing the sled to a fashion show, cut a section of old garden hose in half and zip tie that to the rail.  They’re covered in snow in a mile when not in use if you’re concerned with looks.  Cable scratchers work just fine.  

1E547363-3CE6-4FD8-A83B-5281F22BE72F.png

DB972E47-E36E-4076-A0E8-FFD02199D0A3.png

exactly what we've been doing for years.I also carry zip ties to tie them to rails if i know im not going to use them much on trip.like to fall off .

• Like 1

Too late to change things around now, but I won't ever run rail mounted scratchers again.  The ski mounted ones (I run OTTP style) do the job and keep temps down & still kick up enough to get into the track to lube the slides.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

Too late to change things around now, but I won't ever run rail mounted scratchers again.  The ski mounted ones (I run OTTP style) do the job and keep temps down & still kick up enough to get into the track to lube the slides.

Pic?

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

Pic?

I wish I had pics from my '19 XC but they went bye-bye with my old laptop.  This is the gist of it though (they go on the inside of the ski to kick snow up into the front of the track):

image.thumb.png.fc2696bd9a4327d82f8658f036670217.png

• Like 4