Really…Is This For Real?

She’s right.

Wasn’t there another thread that showed you get near six figures, getting handouts?

Working is for chumps it seems.

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

She’s right.

Wasn’t there another thread that showed you get near six figures, getting handouts?

Working is for chumps it seems.

No , there wasn’t you retarded meat puppet 

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Yes there was. It was about unemployment benefits. 

Right , so you had to have been fired or laid off and then you get a limited amount of benefit. Holy fuck are you a god damned fucking moron 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Local township went to a 4 day work week. 4-10's either Mon-Thur or Tues-Fri, rotated every 2 weeks.

So now the township office is at half staff 2 days out of the week....lol

These people couldn't get shit done when they were working 5 days a week.

This kind of talk is hard to understand when you've been working 60 hours or more per week for most of your life.

In my business, we have had a hard time hiring new people or getting people to stay. The wife says I need to split the shifts. Hire people to work 30 hours per week but to hire 2 people for each position. It don't work that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Actually she’s doing quite well across several social media apps. She’s an entertainer. Nothing more. Boomers and Gen Z’s get all pissed….the younger folks giggle at her. 

Well I’m glad you are following her and happy that you’re in tune with what the younger  people are giggling about. The problem is that while her schtick makes you tingly it’s a common atittude among those her age.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Local township went to a 4 day work week. 4-10's either Mon-Thur or Tues-Fri, rotated every 2 weeks.

So now the township office is at half staff 2 days out of the week....lol

These people couldn't get shit done when they were working 5 days a week.

This kind of talk is hard to understand when you've been working 60 hours or more per week for most of your life.

In my business, we have had a hard time hiring new people or getting people to stay. The wife says I need to split the shifts. Hire people to work 30 hours per week but to hire 2 people for each position. It don't work that way.

We've had potential hires ask what start and finish times are, concrete.  It's  unique because it can't just be dropped off at a jobsite and left, like a skd of lumber.

A short day is 7-5, you almost think you're getting off early at only a 10hr day.

Most walk out the door, or start and hope t's not true only to have their hopes crushed.

It's a vicious cycle. 

Can't find people to do the  hours, so those that do work have to work longer and harder.'

They burn out and it get's worse.

The 2 shifts idea has been floated and has merit, especially for those with family obligations. It will make things cost more.

More and more HR and management are "forced" into considering it. 

Human rights violations can cost a company large and it's a field full of hidden landmines.

10 years ago it was just simply "no, get someone else to pick up your kid:"

Edited by Voodoo

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well I’m glad you are following her and happy that you’re in tune with what the younger  people are giggling about. The problem is that while her schtick makes you tingly it’s a common atittude among those her age.

She seems to bother you. 

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Not taking anything away from what anyone does,  but lets be honest…. There is being at work for 8 hrs a day and there is “working “  8 hrs a day.  

Union workers like to make puppies while at work.

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

Right , so you had to have been fired or laid off and then you get a limited amount of benefit. Holy fuck are you a god damned fucking moron 

So I'm mistaken.

There is no system that allows someone to never work a day in their life, pump out kids with no fathers,  yet still survive, sometimes with more creature comforts than a person working a hard, demanding occupation.

I'd thought I'd read that or observed it somewhere. Guess not.

18 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

So slacking was allowed for 8 hours. Seems productive.

17 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

:dunno:

They are working 32hrs a week, doing the same amount of work they did in 40 and getting paid for 40.

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

They are working 32hrs a week, doing the same amount of work they did in 40 and getting paid for 40.

So how do they do the same amount of work in 32 that used to take 40? Do they work 25% harder?

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Ask @BOHICA

:lol:

I admit that I'm not Einstein's brother but I just can't wrap my head around it. Example, you're/your working on an assembly line that moves at a controlled speed. Let's say your/you're the wheel and tire installer at a Chevrolet plant, you install the combo on 10 cars/hr., how are you going to equal the 400 units in 32 hrs. when the line moves at a constant speed of 10 per hour. I'm sure if they speed the line up the union will get involved. Little help Bohica please.

• Gold Member
26 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

So how do they do the same amount of work in 32 that used to take 40? Do they work 25% harder?

They drag their feet 25% of the time.  Getting 32 hours of work done in 40 hours.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

Do you think that they'll drag their feet 10-15-20-25% less working 32 hours? 

Not if they are required to get the same amount of work done.  The global study proves that many professions and individuals can get the same work done in 32 that they can in 40.  Work life balance is a great motivator it appears

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Not if they are required to get the same amount of work done.  The global study proves that many professions and individuals can get the same work done in 32 that they can in 40.  Work life balance is a great motivator it appears

Sure thing. The only problem is that a little trait called human nature gets in the way. Not saying that some jobs COULD DO the work in 32 but no way will it be consistent. Especially with the mindset of many caused by Covid. 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Sure thing. The only problem is that a little trait called human nature gets in the way. Not saying that some jobs COULD DO the work in 32 but no way will it be consistent. Especially with the mindset of many caused by Covid. 

Definetly could.  It may just cause some overtime pay or more staffing requirements.  Before the 40 hour work week became standard the work weeks were much longer.  Society, business, and innovation didn’t stop or even slow down when 40 hour work weeks became the standard.  Same if it went to 32.

Edited by BOHICA