Drone video from today ion Vermont

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, ckf said:

We only got about 4* here in town and 8 to 10 inches up above 2000 feet.

Been following a guy who started a Drone Deer Recovery business.   Some pretty cool video's.   He's also now doing deer herd analysis for landowners giving them a much better estimate of population and buck to doe ratio.

https://www.youtube.com/@dronedeerrecovery

19 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Been following a guy who started a Drone Deer Recovery business.   Some pretty cool video's.   He's also now doing deer herd analysis for landowners giving them a much better estimate of population and buck to doe ratio.

https://www.youtube.com/@dronedeerrecovery

I've watched a couple of his videos. Very cool. His drones are pretty pricey.

• Like 1

I had a security guard follow my drone back to me this morning at Stowe Ski Resort.  They were saying that they controlled the air space above their property. Wrong, the FAA is the only one that can restrict airspace. The only thing that the resort can control is not allowing anyone to launch a drone from their property. I flew from state property just down the road from the resort. The kid was nice enough about it. He was just doing what he was told.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

I had a security guard follow my drone back to me this morning at Stowe Ski Resort.  They were saying that they controlled the air space above their property. Wrong, the FAA is the only one that can restrict airspace. The only thing that the resort can control is not allowing anyone to launch a drone from their property. I flew from state property just down the road from the resort. The kid was nice enough about it. He was just doing what he was told.

probably just making sure it didn't drop out of the sky on some unsuspecting skier:hdchr:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ckf said:

I had a guy follow my drone back to the dock last summer. Luckily he was just curious about the drone. I ended up doing a video for him of his kids tubing. He wanted to pay me but I refused. Found a case of beer on my porch a week later with a nice thank you note.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Was in St Agatha Maine yesterday. Dude was flying a drone over parking Lot

A sxs with tracks parked and the drone hovered checking it out from about 30 ft up

Then a smokeshow blonde stepped out of it and the drone dropped to 10 ft above her to check her out..

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Was in St Agatha Maine yesterday. Dude was flying a drone over parking Lot

A sxs with tracks parked and the drone hovered checking it out from about 30 ft up

Then a smokeshow blonde stepped out of it and the drone dropped to 10 ft above her to check her out..

That's not cool at all.  Even 30 feet is intrusive IMO.

• Like 1