Baldwin Being Charged In Shooting

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Same here.  Now the question is, will he get convicted?

:news:  If you look at the statute what exactly was the unlawful act or unlawful manner?  Not sure pointing/firing a gun at someone in a movie scene/rehearsal constitutes an unlawful act or an unlawful manner.   Not an easy case to decide.  Its not like there is a lot of evidence to present.   Might come down to the definition of the terms above.   "Without due caution and circumspection" could be the nail in his coffin.  

2019 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 30 - Criminal Offenses
Article 2 - Homicide
Section 30-2-3 - Manslaughter.

Universal Citation: NM Stat § 30-2-3 (2019)

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice.

A. Voluntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed upon a sudden quarrel or in the heat of passion.

Whoever commits voluntary manslaughter is guilty of a third degree felony resulting in the death of a human being.

B. Involuntary manslaughter consists of manslaughter committed in the commission of an unlawful act not amounting to felony, or in the commission of a lawful act which might produce death in an unlawful manner or without due caution and circumspection.

Whoever commits involuntary manslaughter is guilty of a fourth degree felony.

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It took 15 months to charge him  o.O

Charges were "imminent" just needed to get their ducks in a row :thumbsup:

Hopefully they were just making sure it doesn't turn into a circus. I'm just happy the smug fucker got charged after some of the shit he has said.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HSR said:

Charges were "imminent" just needed to get their ducks in a row :thumbsup:

Hopefully they were just making sure it doesn't turn into a circus. I'm just happy the smug fucker got charged after some of the shit he has said.

:bc: Trying to pass blame etc was a shitty thing to do. I hope this sticks!

• Like 2

I don't see how he walks away. Not so much for pulling the trigger (or not), no one can argue that the gun when off while in his hand. 

He can point the finger all he wants, as exec producer, he hired the armorer, he was responsible for safety on the set. I believe he knew they were messing with live ammo during breaks and such, no way any live ammo should have been on the set. 

No matter how you slice it, the buck stops at the exec producer. 

Edited by Catalina

:news:  He may be fucked. 

" 'The words, "without due caution and circumspection" refer to criminal negligence unintentional conduct which is gross or reckless, amounting to a disregard of human life or an indifference to the consequences.

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:news:  He may be fucked. 

" 'The words, "without due caution and circumspection" refer to criminal negligence unintentional conduct which is gross or reckless, amounting to a disregard of human life or an indifference to the consequences.

I really hope so , I was indifferent to him until this shit and I saw the smarmy cunt pointing fingers. 

1 minute ago, HSR said:

I really hope so , I was indifferent to him until this shit and I saw the smarmy cunt pointing fingers. 

He made a huge mistake claiming in that ABC interview that he never pulled the trigger. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

He made a huge mistake claiming in that ABC interview that he never pulled the trigger. 

I bet his lawyer was losing his shit when he said that.

22 minutes ago, HSR said:

I bet his lawyer was losing his shit when he said that.

I bet his lawyer was losing his shit when he said he was going to do an interview about the incident in the first place......yet his ego took over. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Catalina said:

I don't see how he walks away. Not so much for pulling the trigger (or not), no one can argue that the gun when off while in his hand. 

He can point the finger all he wants, as exec producer, he hired the armorer, he was responsible for safety on the set. I believe he knew they were messing with live ammo during breaks and such, no way any live ammo should have been on the set. 

No matter how you slice it, the buck stops at the exec producer. 

He is responsible for something, for sure.

Not sure that charge will stick, bet he pleads out to less.

There should never have been live rounds anywhere near that movie set.

Even with trained soldiers, on a military range, it’s blanks OR live rounds. 

41 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

I would never put my finger on the trigger and point a gun at someone, never

Ohh I can think of a few sichewashuns where I might want to cap someone :gun: <<<< Holy fuck we have an Alec Baldwin emoji!!!!! :lol:

• Haha 1