Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center “Closed Indefinitely”

• Platinum Contributing Member

Place was a shithole but with so many rooms you know you could always get one. And great trails right out the back door.

Hope when the trails are ready it dosnt become impossible to get in a room in town. Especially if they have riding and everyone else dosnt.

23 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Place was a shithole but with so many rooms you know you could always get one. And great trails right out the back door.

Hope when the trails are ready it dosnt become impossible to get in a room in town. Especially if they have riding and everyone else dosnt.

They new owners were renting to the homeless. 

27 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Place was a shithole but with so many rooms you know you could always get one. And great trails right out the back door.

The one in Milli isnt far behind im afraid.  

Sledding becoming a more expensive game plays a role in who is doing it.   Also I think VRBO's are hurting the Lodge/Hotel business.   People don't want to stay in a shithole. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

They new owners were renting to the homeless. 

Homeless? Wonder if that has anything to do with the lack of work from the leftist environmental agenda closing down all the paper mills over the past 10+ years?

28 minutes ago, hayward said:

Homeless? Wonder if that has anything to do with the lack of work from the leftist environmental agenda closing down all the paper mills over the past 10+ years?

The mills closed because no one buys newspapers or magazines anymore Einstein.

• Like 1

my dad grew up right outside of Presque Isle, in Easton. There ain’t much going on around there except potatoes and Amish people these days. It’s like Time has stood still, even the small mall that they had closed. It’s too bad. 

• Gold Member
43 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

my dad grew up right outside of Presque Isle, in Easton. There ain’t much going on around there except potatoes and Amish people these days. It’s like Time has stood still, even the small mall that they had closed. It’s too bad. 

When Loring closed it killed the economy up there.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Easton has some great riding

:lol: We'd call the mystery cabins because we never really knew until we got there but that was all part of the fun. Find a place available in the area we wanted to be in, book it, then drive up after work Friday. We were up before sun up and didn't come back until late anyways...just a place to crash on the cheap back then

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Making paper for newsprint is not where it's at. The money in paper comes from asswipe, toweling and packaging. One of the local paper mills here just recently did a 900 million dollar expansion project, driven almost entirely because they sell packaging to Amazon.

• Like 3

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Making paper for newsprint is not where it's at. The money in paper comes from asswipe, toweling and packaging. One of the local paper mills here just recently did a 900 million dollar expansion project, driven almost entirely because they sell packaging to Amazon.

Must be money in that we got the oldest paper mill in murica (1819) in my area and they do that stuff specialty papers and packaging.

5 hours ago, old indy said:

The one in Milli isnt far behind im afraid.  

49 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The Katahdin Inn was horrible.

Last time I stayed there some of the rooms smelled like a backed up septic tank. 

I stayed at the "Plywood Palace" in PI a few times until 2020. Lester got us kicked out that year. She spoke her mind and was told you can leave and don't have come back.  LOL....we go to the Hampton Inn now when in PI.

• Haha 2

We often stay at the bunker inn...it's a bit dirty, a bit old, but it's got cheap rooms a good owner and a kitchen to cook meals in. 

2 guys @ 85.00 per night and you can reheat your wife's lasagna...awesome.

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Bangor Daily was a paper I bought for as long as I could but they felt the need to cater to the left only. Fuck you... go bankrupt.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Snake said:

Bangor Daily was a paper I bought for as long as I could but they felt the need to cater to the left only. Fuck you... go bankrupt.

The device you used to post that reply above is why no one buys paper news anymore dumbass.

But no one expects a dumb ass such as yourself to understand that….you did vote for Trump numerous times and that explains your stupidity here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The device you used to post that reply above is why no one buys paper news anymore dumbass.

But no one expects a dumb ass such as yourself to understand that….you did vote for Trump numerous times and that explains your stupidity here.

Fuck you. I bought the thing every day for a decade or more. When they come right out and day they won't post letters to the rditor that hoes against CDC guidance on Covid... see ya.

Again... fuck you asshole.

36 minutes ago, Snake said:

Fuck you. I bought the thing every day for a decade or more. When they come right out and day they won't post letters to the rditor that hoes against CDC guidance on Covid... see ya.

Again... fuck you asshole.

Your awfully stressed for being a retired guy.