Nursing Home Hell

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

You can add our wonderful Murphy to that list

One lady beats up one nursing home resident and we are ready for a firing squad but Kill 10,000 nursing home residents by taking campaign money from Owners of Nursing homes and it is nothing to see here move along. 

20 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I’ll never live like that.  Growing old is overrated. 

The facility I worked at had a skilled nursing home as part of the complex. It was a great place. The administrator got a little over ambitious with the Covid shut down in attempts to protect the residents, but he ran a tight ship. Everything flows from the top in those facilities. A good administrator means good staff. My daughter already has the names of the facilities I want to be housed if I live long enough to be parked in one of those places. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

12 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I’ll never live like that.  Growing old is overrated. 

My Dad used to joke that getting old was not for pussies!  Drove himself around till his final days ran a senior hockey league right up till the week before he died at 95.  Getting old is not the problem but getting infirmed or losing your wits is no way to go out. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

My Dad used to joke that getting old was not for pussies!  Drove himself around till his final days ran a senior hockey league right up till the week before he died at 95.  Getting old is not the problem but getting infirmed or losing your wits is no way to go out. 

My dad is 95 ( 96 in march ) He is in a dementia unit a couple of towns away. It is a cross between a prison and a mental institution. Im glad he is right out of his mind because if he was with and knew I put him in there, he would kill me.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The facility I worked at had a skilled nursing home as part of the complex. It was a great place. The administrator got a little over ambitious with the Covid shut down in attempts to protect the residents, but he ran a tight ship. Everything flows from the top in those facilities. A good administrator means good staff. My daughter already has the names of the facilities I want to be housed if I live long enough to be parked in one of those places. 

Not for me.  I have made my wishes known.  When I can no longer take care of myself, I want to be taken out. I feel fortunate, lived a great life. 

24 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yup! As long as I can do for myself.  Watched too many people squander away their good years just to be alive. There is a huge difference between living and be alive.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Not for me.  I have made my wishes known.  When I can no longer take care of myself, I want to be taken out. I feel fortunate, lived a great life. 

:bc: No way I’ll be in one of those homes. I’ve got some memories from one when I was a kid in Farmington near 8 mile. Old mansion kind of American Horror story’ish…. Fuck that!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My dad is 95 ( 96 in march ) He is in a dementia unit a couple of towns away. It is a cross between a prison and a mental institution. Im glad he is right out of his mind because if he was with and knew I put him in there, he would kill me.

Many of my father's life long friends ended up with dementia or worse which I think might have been tougher on my dad than his buddies. 

Being an aide at a "death home" has to be the worst. Underpaid and understaffing has got to get to you after a while. We have a few aides as customers and when they come in for an appt they just look whipped. Not condoning those cunts actions but it really has to suck working in one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Being an aide at a "death home" has to be the worst. Underpaid and understaffing has got to get to you after a while. We have a few aides as customers and when they come in for an appt they just look whipped. Not condoning those cunts actions but it really has to suck working in one.

Cleaning up human shit and having shit thrown at you for a little better than minimum wage and health insurance with a $10k deductible.