Catalyst Updates

p51mstg

34 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Anyone from Sconnie get to ride the Catalyst demo sleds at Eagle River on Saturday?  

It will be interesting to get Tom R's take on them since that was his first time throwing a leg over one.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's this coming weekend.  Trying to get @Not greg b to escape MN 🤣

https://derbycomplex.com/events/world-series-of-snowmobile-racing/

@p51mstg is referring to the Catalyst sleds that were at Ride With The Champs. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid027bSx1et1p1h8PmC9wiZxrpUYJrT6gC2zypmGiAYSaUKuy5RpHqnJvXxE9PiinksMl&id=100063586463570&mibextid=Nif5oz

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's this coming weekend.  Trying to get @Not greg b to escape MN 🤣

https://derbycomplex.com/events/world-series-of-snowmobile-racing/

I heard that the races are cancelled, and that link confirms it.  However, when I went to Textron's events page the first time, it showed the demo event cancelled...  but, now it doesn't.

Intrigue!  Suspense!  Mystery!

I sent an e-mail over to one of the people at Cat that were in charge of the photo shoot to find out if they know what's going on with demos this weekend.  With all the snow forecasted this week, and if they can still hold a demo event that would be very cool.  It would hopefully give people a lot more freedom to get to know the sleds, not just follow the leader over a 3 mile course.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I heard that the races are cancelled, and that link confirms it.  However, when I went to Textron's events page the first time, it showed the demo event cancelled...  but, now it doesn't.

Intrigue!  Suspense!  Mystery!

I sent an e-mail over to one of the people at Cat that were in charge of the photo shoot to find out if they know what's going on with demos this weekend.  With all the snow forecasted this week, and if they can still hold a demo event that would be very cool.  It would hopefully give people a lot more freedom to get to know the sleds, not just follow the leader over a 3 mile course.

yes, IDK wtf is happening tbh

:roflcrying:

Here's what I was just told:  In light of the races being cancelled, Cat is discussing the weekend demo plans right now.  They will make a decision by end of day today and post it on "social media".

Fingers crossed they still hold the demo.

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

Here's what I was just told:  In light of the races being cancelled, Cat is discussing the weekend demo plans right now.  They will make a decision by end of day today and post it on "social media".

Fingers crossed they still hold the demo.

have them pm me for my address to drop one off  

:)

• Like 1

@Crnr2Crnr

@Premium

@Not greg b

I think the demo in Eagle River is still ON.  I'm waiting for an email from them to confirm it, but the web site has been updated:

Feb 25-26 at the WC Derby Complex

10:00am-5:00pm both days

If that's NOT true, I will post another update, but I have a fairly high confidence that it's still going to happen.

Edited by p51mstg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

@Crnr2Crnr

@Premium

I think the demo in Eagle River is still ON.  I'm waiting for an email from them to confirm it, but the web site has been updated:

If that's NOT true, I will post another update, but I have a fairly high confidence that it's still going to happen.

:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

@Crnr2Crnr

@Premium

@Not greg b

as much as it's appreciated, you are seemingly doing more marketing for this than the actual marketing department.  I appreciate it and have done more product marketing for something others have been able to enjoy than I care to get into here.  ;)

• Like 1

Update on the demo rides, for those wondering:

• Minimum age requirement (Will need to show proof of age):
    • 16 years old for all full-sized sleds
    • 14 years old for all mid-sized sleds
  • Appropriate ride gear required: helmet, closed toed shoes, pants, goggles, gloves
  • Must complete the registration process and safety briefing
  • Can only ride with a dedicated Arctic Cat instructor 

On 2/20/2023 at 5:24 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

as much as it's appreciated, you are seemingly doing more marketing for this than the actual marketing department.  I appreciate it and have done more product marketing for something others have been able to enjoy than I care to get into here.  ;)

What are you talking about?  Who do you think is putting on the demo rides?  Is p51 doing that?  I'd think cat cares more about the people willing to show up to a demo, than they do online commentors.  The catalyst is the biggest talk in the industry since the massive haydays unveiling.  All the media has gotten their hands on it too, to do reviews and put out content with.  Spring ordering isn't open yet and there will be full info released before it is.

Do you just need to be stimulated at all times about all things catalyst directly from cat?  Would that make you buy one?  Or would you then complain that you don't want to hear it from Cat and you want independent media reviews.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

What are you talking about?  Who do you think is putting on the demo rides?  Is p51 doing that?  I'd think cat cares more about the people willing to show up to a demo, than they do online commentors.  The catalyst is the biggest talk in the industry since the massive haydays unveiling.  All the media has gotten their hands on it too, to do reviews and put out content with.  Spring ordering isn't open yet and there will be full info released before it is.

Do you just need to be stimulated at all times about all things catalyst directly from cat?  Would that make you buy one?  Or would you then complain that you don't want to hear it from Cat and you want independent media reviews.  

I don't like your comment... would have sufficed.  :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

"p51" just took advantage of the cards he was dealt.  I got to ride them and thought that knowledge shouldn't be wasted.  It was a great experience, and as much as I didn't like staying at mountain elevation, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  Tomorrow isn't soon enough.

As others start sharing their experiences, and because I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself, I don't think I add anything else to the conversation.

Now, it's up to others to argue and soon everyone will get the chance to decide for themselves.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

"p51" just took advantage of the cards he was dealt.  I got to ride them and thought that knowledge shouldn't be wasted.  It was a great experience, and as much as I didn't like staying at mountain elevation, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  Tomorrow isn't soon enough.

As others start sharing their experiences, and because I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself, I don't think I add anything else to the conversation.

Now, it's up to others to argue and soon everyone will get the chance to decide for themselves.

good review... like his quiver of sleds

https://www.facebook.com/groups/832855321418501/permalink/949996369704395/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Premium said:

That jives with snowtech's assessment that handling is what Cat would really be able to hang their hat on with this sled.

I pointed out how well the Catalyst handled in this thread back on January 16, the same day I was posting about the seat and a bunch of other things.

"The Catalyst ZR's corner like a friggin slot car.  Trying to get a ski to lift in a corner is possible, but most of the time it's an exercise in frustration.  The three of us trail riders all had the same impression.  It made me look like a much better rider."

Since the official unveiling is only a couple of days away, I also thought it was interesting that, on January 25 (in this thread), I said this:

"By the way, on the thumbnail - sleds in the background, under cover - Cat didn’t tell us what they were and never took the covers off.  We didn’t see everything they have for 2024, and we didn’t see any prototypes they may be testing."

• Like 1