2023 Polaris Indy VR1 Boost 850 Turbo

1 hour ago, Roosting said:

At 500hp you need to add some weight or it will explode. In trail conditions for a quick blast not an issue if you pay attention to rpms. 

Do you think 230hp clutching will give you max results at 500hp? 

I wasn’t laughing at you , I’m fully aware of what needs to happen there lol. It’s an old argument we had here. I was just poking fun at a few guys here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wasn’t laughing at you , I’m fully aware of what needs to happen there lol. It’s an old argument we had here. I was just poking fun at a few guys here. 

*Shyly raises hand from the back of the class *:lol:

1 hour ago, ACE said:

You used to race? 

ice ovals 

Took me a few years but once I got it figured out I won a lot of races. Eagle river, Ironwood, Alexandria, Wasau, Beausejour to name a few. 

started at 42 years old Figured I'd give it a try and see if I was any good at it. LoL

Edited by Roosting
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Roosting said:

ice ovals 

Took me a few years but once I got it figured out I won a lot of races. Eagle river, Ironwood, Alexandria, Wasau, Beausejour to name a few. 

started at 42 years old Figured I'd give it a try and see if I was any good at it. LoL

Nice. I did around 10 years of drag racing. Had fun but got tired of seeing grown men act like petulant children too 

14 minutes ago, ACE said:

Nice. I did around 10 years of drag racing. Had fun but got tired of seeing grown men act like petulant children too 

drags are a bit different as far as action after the race. 

Ovals is quite tame in comparison, but the rumor mill is always churning.

I had a sled that could turn and I never rebuilt the motor for like 3 years. Hell I had the same paint on the studs from one year to the next at eagle river. Teck guy was like WTF no way. Opened it up and looked it over with scuffed pistons and all. Plus I didnt even change out the spark plugs from the year before. Ran the same set for 2 years.

Went out and won it all with a half wore out engine and everyone knew it too. That was so satisfying.

Once I did rebuild it, it was a rocket. Should have probably done it sooner so I didnt have to work so hard but when you are winning you just dont want to fuck with it too much.

Edited by Roosting
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Roosting said:

drags are a bit different as far as action after the race. 

Ovals is quite tame in comparison, but the rumor mill is always churning.

I had a sled that could turn and I never rebuilt the motor for like 3 years. Hell I had the same paint on the studs from one year to the next at eagle river. Teck guy was like WTF no way. Opened it up and looked it over with scuffed pistons and all. 

Went out and won it all with a half wore out engine and everyone knew it too. That was so satisfying.

Once I did rebuild it, it was a rocket. Should have probably done it sooner so I didnt have to work so hard but when you are winning you just dont want to fuck with it too much.

Yeah getting accused of cheating when you aren’t is actually a compliment lol

6 hours ago, ACE said:

Tbh if the ECU wasn’t encrypted and you could get an honest 230 hp with just a tune on the 900r I think I’d be super happy with that sled 

but as it is you need a new ecu which still has gremlins, injectors, and possibly turbo. 

Not getting 230 with that turbo and injector combo. Doo did this for a reason 

5 hours ago, Roosting said:

At 500hp you need to add some weight or it will explode. In trail conditions for a quick blast not an issue if you pay attention to rpms. 

I was told something to that effect one time ....🤣

20 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Not getting 230 with that turbo and injector combo. Doo did this for a reason 

Yeah it’s a very limited setup. But the engine can’t handle much more either 

Edited by ACE

6 hours ago, Roosting said:

Some say you just raise the rev limiter and use the same clutching from 150 hp to 550 

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Some say you just raise the rev limiter and use the same clutching from 150 hp to 550 

Nope , but Martin uses the same clutching for 320hp to well over 550hp. He’s the man building the fastest turbo skidoos in the world , take it up with him 

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Sxs are putting 400+. Same motor, same internals

No the sxs has better internals. Whalen speed compared them. The 900r is just a 900T basically 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ACE said:

No the sxs has better internals. Whalen speed compared them. The 900r is just a 900T basically 

20 and up yes. 17 to 19 no.

6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

20 and up yes. 17 to 19 no.

Look like the 900r and the weak SxS engine are the same but the better SxS engine has a lot better pistons 

was a big disappointment for them 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Look like the 900r and the weak SxS engine are the same but the better SxS engine has a lot better pistons 

was a big disappointment for them 

I looked at Whelen when I was shopping for mods for my sxs. I went with EVO instead. They seem to be more up to date. Jmo of course.

7 hours ago, EvilBird said:

F7 walked the Doo 

Short race, that Boost was probably just starting to hook up.  I think my war pig would have had a shot in a pure traction race like that.   Had a buddy call me this afternoon about riding, mentioned he just picked up a new VR1 boost, so maybe I get to try one and line up against it :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1