Rivet Gun

SkisNH

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

bigger project i'd go air riveter although something like that would be easier than gettin the compressor going for a small job which is why i use my hand one most often. 

2 many rivets for hand unit (subjective)...I just figured I would run 2 drills one to drill the holes the other to set a rivet. 

13 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Just get the Harbor Freight air rivet gun like everyone else who owns a snowmobile already has.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-16-inch-air-hydraulic-riveter-93458.html

Yup.  Quality item.  I have put together many F150’s. With it and still going strong. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

bigger project i'd go air riveter although something like that would be easier than gettin the compressor going for a small job which is why i use my hand one most often. 

x2

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Large percentage of their tools are fine for non-professionals. 

A lot of my work shit is hobo freight stuff now and I use it every day. I think it’s a quality control issue so getting a tool that’s made correctly sometimes it takes 3-4 trips returning junk ones that don’t last a hour but once you get a good one they seem to last for a while in my experience. My hobo freight da is 6 or 7 years old use it every day for hours a day and it’s still going the snap on one I had didn’t make it that long. I have the rivet gun too works great.

10 hours ago, joe_zrt said:

M12 Rivet gun is my vote. Second choice is air rivet. Haven't touched my air rivet since I got my M12 unless they are monster rivets 

I've read it's a good tool, but my cordless stuff isn't Milwaukee. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So are so cheap they are almost worth having for the one time you need it.

I'm still pissed off about the cheap M5 tap that snapped off  :lol: What a pain that was

On 12/30/2022 at 4:23 PM, Cat45 said:

I've rebuilt dozens of sleds with the HF air riveter and it works great. The 1st 2 i bought broke right away but the 3rd 1 I've had for close to 25 years and it still works just fine

Back in the day I rebuilt a sled with an air riveter that looked exactly the same that I think my dad bought from Northern Tool.  This one I bought at HF 5 years ago.  Haven't used it much but it works great when I need it.  Rivets are always nice and tight.