Too fast?

Just now, mnstang said:

I don't use hand signals.  How do you know if it's all clear behind you?

Shouldn't people always be ready for another snowmobiler on the trail?

Its just like using hand signals and just like hand signals you worry about your group. Nothing is 100% when riding on the trails 

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

Its just like using hand signals and just like hand signals you worry about your group. Nothing is 100% when riding on the trails 

I have never heard of this light system that you're using.  Is this an official thing your state is doing?

7 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Its a choice in our state http://communicationsafetysystem.com/home.php  

So it's just some light system a business came up with to make money?  I've never seen these signs on any trails I have ever rode.  You're assuming alot if you think other people will know what that means.  I would just figure it's one of those guys with neon glow or some nonsense 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mnstang said:

So it's just some light system a business came up with to make money?  I've never seen these signs on any trails I have ever rode.  You're assuming alot if you think other people will know what that means.  I would just figure it's one of those guys with neon glow or some nonsense 

Seems to work, the AWSC has put the information out there to educate the snowmobiling public. If your uncomfortable with it don't buy one.  

Edited by Badger**

53 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Seems to work, the AWSC has put the information out there to educate the snowmobiling public. If your uncomfortable with it don't buy one.  

Hey you can use it all you want, I don't care I'm just saying.  But I would guess 95+% of snowmobilers have no idea what these lights are.  Just giving you this snowmobilers feedback, letting you know in case you are worried about the people in your group.  

11 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Hey you can use it all you want, I don't care I'm just saying.  But I would guess 95+% of snowmobilers have no idea what these lights are.  Just giving you this snowmobilers feedback, letting you know in case you are worried about the people in your group.  

I see them used in Wisconsin from time to time. First time I saw them used was up at Pelican Lake about five years ago. They are around here in Wisconsin

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, mnstang said:

They are pretty popular out here in New England I see them all the time. I think the company that invented it is from this area so probably better marketed out here maybe??

• Like 2

I see the ride lights most every ride in NH or Maine. Only advantage over hand signals is that you keep your hands on the bars. 

Have definitely seen riders with a green light, and someone right on their tail. Even saw a few that seem to be in the middle of a group, someone forgot to switch the light from yellow to green. 

I don't put anymore faith in them than hand signals...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

They are pretty popular out here in New England I see them all the time. I think the company that invented it is from this area so probably better marketed out here maybe??

Maybe.  I've never seen anything about them and hopefully it stays that way.  I was already thinking of swerving at the hand signaling noobs but the light thing is next level.  Strong cuck vibes lol no offense to badger 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’d agree but it’s better than watching a group of retards doing a hand count down when you can see the entire group 🤷‍♂️ 😂 

Yeah I quit paying any attention to them retards:lol:. Most of the time the group thinks the leader is paving the way and are all over the fucking trail. Or the dumb ,nobody coming signal, how da fuck do you know who's behind you. Just keep both hands on the bars and a finger on the brake and stay in your lane and we're golden:thumb:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Maybe.  I've never seen anything about them and hopefully it stays that way.  I was already thinking of swerving at the hand signaling noobs but the light thing is next level.  Strong cuck vibes lol no offense to badger 

See my above post re:Elton John :lol: it's next level faggotry at it's finest. I'll offend anyone :roflcrying:

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

They seem overly confusing with multiple lights and such I personally run an orange beacon light mounted on top of my helmet like a plow truck ya know never be to safe out there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yeah I quit paying any attention to them retards:lol:. Most of the time the group thinks the leader is paving the way and are all over the fucking trail. Or the dumb ,nobody coming signal, how da fuck do you know who's behind you. Just keep both hands on the bars and a finger on the brake and stay in your lane and we're golden:thumb:

On the bold. YES!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Had some douche yesterday hand signal me with a ride light on :lol:

I dont fucking care dude ride your sled 

While we still have the douchebags flashing gang signs I'm supposed to understand while watching where I'm going but the stupid fucking ride lights are a level of douchebaggery not yet reached up here in Canada. I'd take f7Ben's advice and slit my own throat before putting that shit on my sled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wisconsin snowmobilers are real hard on each other about using hand signals so I said fuck'em and put on the light.:whistle:

Now what's really funny is guys buying 800+ CC sleds and riding in areas that have a 35-55 mph speed limit day and night. Now that shit is funny as hell!! :lol2: 

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Wisconsin snowmobilers are real hard on each other about using hand signals so I said fuck'em and put on the light.:whistle:

Now what's really funny is guys buying 800+ CC sleds and riding in areas that have a 35-55 mph speed limit day and night. Now that shit is funny as hell!! :lol2: 

That’s why we travel to Maine duh