Too fast?

49 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

imo, everyone has their own definition of railing corners.  to me a sled that rails corners can do it just as confidently at 75 as it does at 25

Not my point.  I was being on topic.  Modern machines are beyond the average rider which is exactly why I had to ride different to keep the ones I ride with out of the rhubarb.

....although I've been known to hit it myself:lolz:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Not my point.  I was being on topic.  Modern machines are beyond the average rider which is exactly why I had to ride different to keep the ones I ride with out of the rhubarb.

....although I've been known to hit it myself:lolz:

oh... you meant like, fancy math

original_206984071.gif.10b2930960178c14a7579e55faf94314.gif

I'd be willing to wager an old ass dragger rails better on most trails than this modern tin... but likely leaves you much more sore in the morning for those uncapable of using their leg shock absorbers.  maybe you or someone else can start a are modern sleds better suited to unfit and lazy people? thread.  :lolz:

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not questioning you're abilities... but what if something broke at 116 on Thug Hump going that fast?  not judging... just wondering how a newb would react to a track coming apart, a brake failure, suspension deciding to pack or many of the variables those here with experience might be able to ride out, ride through or sort out and react to without thought. 

That’s exactly the point, I’ve been riding since I was 2 years old I’ve done a lot of stupid shit and learned from it, not saying I’m a good or great rider but I have a lot of different experiences on a sled/dirtbike/4wheeler to semi rely on if something were to go wrong and still at that speed not too confident the outcome wouldn’t be awful. Just the fact that having been around sleds so long and that not feeling scary fast is scary in itself. I’ve ridden tug maybe 5 times at the most so maybe those style “trails” played a factor in that as I’m used to my home circuit of 8-10’ wide tight twisty trails where me and my buddies are hustling along pretty good on a night ride but realistically hitting maybe 50-60 tops (if that even seems reasonable for those types of trails) and it feels like we’re flying. Now put someone who’s never really ridden sleds there with the ability to do that by just hitting the throttle and bad things are likely to happen.

2 hours ago, krom said:

There are plenty of riders who don't have the talent to deal with the HP and speed of a 90's 440 fan...

Depends on why you ride..

Even though its not the right weapon for my riding area, I will say there isn't much like wacking the flipper on a big turbo procross that is already doing over 100 and pulling the skis (or having it spin and point sideways).

As far as "driving aides" I'm not sure how the manufactures could implement them practically.  Anything other than a speed limiter (anti lock brakes, real traction control, stability control etc) would require a way to know actual ground speed and travel direction, something easy to do in a vehicle with 2 or more tires on the road.  When you only have the one track, and the "road" is slippery to begin with there isn't many ways to get the data you need.

You can reference gps and compare to track speed 

10 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

You can reference gps and compare to track speed 

not for safety nannies... with any accuracy

traction control and abs aren't implausible on sleds, but back to novices jumping on 164.9hp 

off to bed... :yawn:

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

not for safety nannies... with any accuracy

traction control and abs aren't implausible on sleds, but back to novices jumping on 164.9hp 

off to bed... :yawn:

most people can’t afford a sled capable of that 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

oh... you meant like, fancy math

original_206984071.gif.10b2930960178c14a7579e55faf94314.gif

I'd be willing to wager an old ass dragger rails better on most trails than this modern tin... but likely leaves you much more sore in the morning for those uncapable of using their leg shock absorbers.  maybe you or someone else can start a are modern sleds better suited to unfit and lazy people? thread.  :lolz:

I wouldn't look back as much if they were on old iron

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

most people can’t afford a sled capable of that 

what's a new VR1, TCat or XRS 900R these days?  back when ABS first came about it wasn't that expensive and once there was mass adaptation it's something we've all become accustomed to and it's the price of admission.  was electronic fuel injection good for snowmobiling?  added cost?  how about Fox shocks, another premium.  

I'm not advocating for more tech on sleds... you went through the curve of lower powered of ass draggers didn't you? 

Sleds already have all the tech they need. It,s called proper use of a throttle, and the brake. The rest is up to the driver. IF they are not smart enough to properly control either of those things as required, then Darwin will eventually do his job. Common sense is whats required. Actions have consequences. STUPID MUST HURT !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Sleds already have all the tech they need. It,s called proper use of a throttle, and the brake. The rest is up to the driver. IF they are not smart enough to properly control either of those things as required, then Darwin will eventually do his job. Common sense is whats required. Actions have consequences. STUPID MUST HURT !

yes and no. ABS on a sled is pretty useless IMO. traction control is definitely more interesting to me anyway

Tech is not bad.  Better engines better chassis better steering better suspension better handling... That's all "tech".  I'm personally not a fan of tech in the forms of electronic aids for stability/traction/braking.  Until I ride something with it and blow's me away.  I don't think that'll happen but I'll try anything out with an open mind and give it a chance.  

Unlikely the inbred boomers with e powered stuff who are so anti something they've never experienced it is laughable.   Grrr batteries took muh jobs grrrrr rawwrr

• Like 1

Tommcat’s a pusher , he supplies me with my go fast  addiction. I use every bit of the power I can, when it’s safe to uncork it. There’s nothing like pinching off one of these turbos at 280 hp. I’m just an adrenaline junkie is all. 

5CFB8F1B-0536-4570-A82F-D79D58B9E394.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turbo Kitty said:

Tommcat’s a pusher , he supplies me with my go fast  addiction. I use every bit of the power I can, when it’s safe to uncork it. There’s nothing like pinching off one of these turbos at 280 hp. I’m just an adrenaline junkie is all. 

5CFB8F1B-0536-4570-A82F-D79D58B9E394.jpeg

you are not the first person to accuse me of that, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

I hate those things

maybe it's time to deploy the Tommcat engineering development team again... I'm thinking jousting?

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c678a79c3f7ef3ade7

kick it around and call me to assemble the team... because it's war out there.  ;)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Actually looks pretty nice. I would take that over a 2023 procross. If your going to be vintage might as go really vintage 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

That thing was closing trails before there was trails 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It would be difficult to ride with all the women throwing their bras and panties at you constantly. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Badger** said:

You don't have to use hand signals, Yellow= Cation Green = all clear

I don't use hand signals.  How do you know if it's all clear behind you?

Shouldn't people always be ready for another snowmobiler on the trail?

• Like 3