2023 Riding season reports

4 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Around 5" of wet stuff here so far. They're predicting another 7-12" by Friday morning. 

We're on the north side of it, and about the same here.  Looking forward to a ride on Saturday, if no opportunity before then.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I'll bet we got about a foot, here in Itasca County.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to ride this weekend, but it's looking really good right now.  Thick, heavy stuff, even up here.

About the same here. Good stuff for the base.

Feel bad for the guys that had the trails ready to go. Time to go out brushing and trimming all over again. Its a mess. This club is just north of me.

https://www.facebook.com/100057433600445/posts/pfbid0VQwMhTibUC1AREdjEZfn7huAmHtxKj1xCfgY2XVSQsF6RrhHNvmgyk4nofEa6FXcl/?sfnsn=mo&mibextid=6aamW6

Edited by Sled_Hed
  • Like 1

Put on 100 break on miles on forest roads and trails on our land.  

We go up through Mountain, Lakewood, Wabeno, Laona Wisconsin. 80% of the trails were panned and with the cold temperatures coming a good start of  base.

Pic is up by Alvin Wisconsin 

20221219_143203.jpg

• Like 8

Put roughly 50 miles (mostly breaking trail) on the turbo here in west Michigan Sunday.  We got about 14" at the house.  Was awesome to get out and try the new ADAPT clutch.  If this predicted storm is anywhere close to what they're saying the whole state will be in nice shape!

First trail day 2022-23.jpg

Edited by Premium
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Had some good early season riding in Northeastern Wisconsin with 510 miles but warm weather and heavy traffic we called it early and came home yesterday.  Some of the sled rental places are cancelling this weekend rentals because of quickly deteriorating conditions.  Sucks

Trackside.jpg

Edited by Doug
  • Sad 1

Buddy of mine is up at his place in Cable, and said the first fatality of the season happened last night 😔  A young local apparently hit the bridge by the Loon Saloon.  Such a sad way to start the season.  RIP young man & prayers to the family and friends.

• Sad 3

Wife and I took our sleds up to the in laws Monday. Got a quick 40 mile ride in Tuesday before it went to shit quick yesterday. Now, it’s all bare and pretty much starting completely over again. Not a lick of snow accumulation in the 10 day forecast either. This shit is getting old, that much I know. 

0C81BA24-807C-4ED9-8218-FCD4F93F044B.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Wife and I took our sleds up to the in laws Monday. Got a quick 40 mile ride in Tuesday before it went to shit quick yesterday. Now, it’s all bare and pretty much starting completely over again. Not a lick of snow accumulation in the 10 day forecast either. This shit is getting old, that much I know. 

0C81BA24-807C-4ED9-8218-FCD4F93F044B.jpeg

Old, cheap snowmobiles FTW!!!!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Old, cheap snowmobiles FTW!!!!

I have less into the current two that I own, than it would take to buy one new one. I could also off both of them for more than I paid for them, tomorrow. So yeah, I won’t buy new anymore, for sure. 

• Like 2