Walmart CEO warns rise in retail theft could lead to store closures

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Who shops at Walmart.

It's not just Walmart.

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Does anyone happen to know what Target reported in theft $$ last year?? 

You will be shocked - and they have been discussing this for some time now, because it's completely out of control.  ZERO consequences.

$400 million.  Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, and all sorts of other retailers have the same problem.  It's not some kid pocketing a few batteries either.  It's organized crime that goes in, steals high value or easy to sell items, and sells them for a profit.  The loss prevention teams at all these stores are talking with each other.

The last time I was at the Fleetfarm in your hood the manager was running across the parking lot after a shoplifter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

It's not just Walmart.

$400 million.  Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, and all sorts of other retailers have the same problem.  It's not some kid pocketing a few batteries either.  It's organized crime that goes in, steals high value or easy to sell items, and sells them for a profit.  The loss prevention teams at all these stores are talking with each other.

The last time I was at the Fleetfarm in your hood the manager was running across the parking lot after a shoplifter.

They’ll either have to get the theft numbers down or just add the losses to the cost of goods 

My daughter worked at Target two xmas seasons ago.  If they see someone stealing they are told to just let them go.  Everyone gets a pass on up to $1000 in theft before they start confronting habitual thieves.

Everyone else that is paying for their shit is now paying for the fucking thieves shit as well.  Of course it is reported as a loss for tax purposes but then they just raise prices to cover the losses.  The stores are not losing money just everyone of us that shops and pays.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

All good reasons to move merchandising of high dollar items to online sales only. 

If Walmart.com was as profitable and popular as Amazon I think we'd see them push that way but even after years of pushing the platform they just can't make much of a dent in Amazons hold.  If they could I think we'd see lots of B&M closures or reduction to just grocery and essentials. 

• Gold Member
47 minutes ago, jdsky said:

My daughter worked at Target two xmas seasons ago.  If they see someone stealing they are told to just let them go.  Everyone gets a pass on up to $1000 in theft before they start confronting habitual thieves.

Everyone else that is paying for their shit is now paying for the fucking thieves shit as well.  Of course it is reported as a loss for tax purposes but then they just raise prices to cover the losses.  The stores are not losing money just everyone of us that shops and pays.   

yep.same concept with raising fuel costs.

truckers dont give a fuck , everyone waiting on the cargo there trucking is getting fucked on it. 

alot of people around dont even realize this simple concept . 'durr, i drive a prius, i dont care about expensive fuel ' 

you eat food dont you idiot ? lol

same concept with overabundance in theft and insurance claims. the paying customer gets the kick in the balls, not the big bad  corps for the most part.rise the cost to offset the insanity.

working class fucked again in favour of the lazy criminal s unwilling to work.

Edited by ZR800efi