You are being lied too about electric cars

BOHICA

• Gold Member

@SnowRider @Mainecat

Any of you guys need an EV charger?  Ever going to need one?  I would hope you would if Climate change is real in your eyes.

$275 shipped ready to rock.  Got both my Tesla/Twitter/white supremacy chargers installed and need to offload this lectron 40 amp 6/50p charger.

FE83FAE8-4923-499C-848F-248DE263A0C8.jpeg

9269B924-DA71-42AF-9897-3E3C1376B086.jpeg

DF372672-E6D1-47AB-922C-0A51E2E226AE.jpeg

• Like 1

In 95%+ of cases, EVs really do make a lot of sense.  I'd like one for running around town, picking up groceries, dropping the kids off at school, etc.  But for us, when we leave town to go visit family or do some shopping, we have a continuous 1200km (750ish mile) drive before we hit population.  And half the year is below -20.  They just aren't feasible in our case.  

Regarding the grid, renewables (wind/solar) aren't anywhere near the point they can make up a substantial part of the supply.  They just can't.  Residential, sure, but they cannot meet industry's needs at this point, and it'll be quite some time before they can.  From a utility perspective, you need to have firm power available as per power sales contracts.  Currently, if you have renewables, you NEED to have traditional sources available as back up for base load.  And almost all current wind installations are induction machines, meaning they still require some sort of traditional source to provide the reactive power needed to set up the magnetic fields.  They do generate power, MW, yes, but they are huge VAR sinks.  And with the way infrastructure spending has been over the last however many decades, the entire grid needs a massive amount of attention before it has any hope of meeting the needs of electrification of transport.  Most areas are overburdened as it is.

Nuclear really is our best option, regardless of people's beliefs.  Or some huge leaps in geothermal technology.  Without a monumental change in how we live our lives and conduct business, solar and wind won't cut it, full stop.  And for frame of reference, I work in massive hydroelectric generating stations.   

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, low-1 said:

In 95%+ of cases, EVs really do make a lot of sense.  I'd like one for running around town, picking up groceries, dropping the kids off at school, etc.  But for us, when we leave town to go visit family or do some shopping, we have a continuous 1200km (750ish mile) drive before we hit population.  And half the year is below -20.  They just aren't feasible in our case.  

Regarding the grid, renewables (wind/solar) aren't anywhere near the point they can make up a substantial part of the supply.  They just can't.  Residential, sure, but they cannot meet industry's needs at this point, and it'll be quite some time before they can.  From a utility perspective, you need to have firm power available as per power sales contracts.  Currently, if you have renewables, you NEED to have traditional sources available as back up for base load.  And almost all current wind installations are induction machines, meaning they still require some sort of traditional source to provide the reactive power needed to set up the magnetic fields.  They do generate power, MW, yes, but they are huge VAR sinks.  And with the way infrastructure spending has been over the last however many decades, the entire grid needs a massive amount of attention before it has any hope of meeting the needs of electrification of transport.  Most areas are overburdened as it is.

Nuclear really is our best option, regardless of people's beliefs.  Or some huge leaps in geothermal technology.  Without a monumental change in how we live our lives and conduct business, solar and wind won't cut it, full stop.  And for frame of reference, I work in massive hydroelectric generating stations.   

Edited by nascarmike

On 12/18/2022 at 9:10 PM, BOHICA said:

@SnowRider @Mainecat

Any of you guys need an EV charger?  Ever going to need one?  I would hope you would if Climate change is real in your eyes.

$275 shipped ready to rock.  Got both my Tesla/Twitter/white supremacy chargers installed and need to offload this lectron 40 amp 6/50p charger.

FE83FAE8-4923-499C-848F-248DE263A0C8.jpeg

9269B924-DA71-42AF-9897-3E3C1376B086.jpeg

DF372672-E6D1-47AB-922C-0A51E2E226AE.jpeg

Drywall? Fag cave.

On 12/11/2022 at 8:28 AM, SnowRider said:

Left is right.  Up is down. Black is white.  Welcome to your MAGAt world. 

He has no clue what Biden is doing but for sure it’s the right thing to do. :lol: 

• Haha 1