You are being lied too about electric cars

BOHICA

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

How much capital do you have in all the electric vehicles and solar panels?

$13k into solar and around $15k into 2 vehicles.  But ultimate cost will zero out.

how much capital do you have in vehicles?

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

$13k into solar and around $15k into 2 vehicles.  But ultimate cost will zero out.

how much capital do you have in vehicles?

About $60k into all of these but they have depreciated over the years.  I'd be lucky to trade all three of these in for a new Nissan Leaf.

image.png.ce71eecb0072ee1512c402c9d174a0e3.png

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

About $60k into all of these but they have depreciated over the years.  I'd be lucky to trade all three of these in for a new Nissan Leaf.

image.png.ce71eecb0072ee1512c402c9d174a0e3.png

Is that what you paid for them when you got them? Capital spent to buy and value are different.

how much expense into operations of those over a year?

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Is that what you paid for them when you got them? Capital spent to buy and value are different.

That's the capital I spent on those vehicles, i.e. what I paid for them.  The photo is the value today, the difference being depreciation.

Biggest maintenance expense we have is brakes and tires.  Brakes on an EV might not wear out as quick but they will get rotted out just like any other vehicle.

Are you paying cash for these solar panels and EVs?

• Gold Member
43 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

That's the capital I spent on those vehicles, i.e. what I paid for them.  The photo is the value today, the difference being depreciation.

Biggest maintenance expense we have is brakes and tires.  Brakes on an EV might not wear out as quick but they will get rotted out just like any other vehicle.

biggest expense of gas or diesel vehicles was gas or diesel when I had them.doesn’t take long in a pickup to get to $30-40k in just fuel expenses.

Yes.  They are paid off.  So the pickup isn’t going to cost much capital when we get the new vehicle as the old stuff will be sold or traded.

Edited by BOHICA

6 hours ago, BOHICA said:

They typically do wind in farm fields.  Farmers make pretty good money growing windmills

Well they are still fucking ugly regardless of the farmer getting paid...Here in NH they are cutting roads into the Mountainside to access the wind, absolutely hideous. If you want electrification just skip this crap and build nuke plants.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Where’s your Repug/MAGAt support for EV’s and renewables?  

5 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Trump extended the tax credit for Solar when he was president.  It’s why I have it on my roof.  Original EV credits were started by Bush.

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

@SnowRider

you are all blow and no go aren’t you?  

Snowpussy got owned fucking hard :lol:

:owned:

AAFA7598-6B20-4216-AC89-A50D8E53816A.jpeg

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Well they are still fucking ugly regardless of the farmer getting paid...Here in NH they are cutting roads into the Mountainside to access the wind, absolutely hideous. If you want electrification just skip this crap and build nuke plants.

Nuke is to expensive.  Look at Georgia.  A few 100,000 homes worth of electricity generation potential is all, 15 years of construction time, and over 30 billion spent.  Still has yet to produce any electricity

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Nuke is to expensive.  Look at Georgia.  A few 100,000 homes worth of electricity generation potential is all, 15 years of construction time, and over 30 billion spent.  Still has yet to produce any electricity

Only because of regulatory bullshit. 

https://youtu.be/N-yALPEpV4w

On 12/8/2022 at 6:02 PM, BOHICA said:

Now it takes non retards to realize all they have been told is a big lie….  Retards will continue to believe the lies and peddle and pass off the lies as fact.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/truth-about-electric-cars-ad-why-you-are-being-lied-to/

EV owners suck dick!

26 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You are not going to get rid of regulations when it comes to nuclear power dumbass.  Those regulations will alway be there

Not those regs dumbfuck...just permitting etc.  And don't forget the lawsuits from the ecofreaks

Did you even watch the tedtalk? I would assume that dude knows more than you.

Edited by SkisNH

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

Just watched a report on Rivian and how badly they are missing production goals and purging money by the billions each quarter. 

They’re in pretty big trouble. 

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Is this your first time trying to talk this out with him? I’ll just cut to the chase, he will do everything to dance around an actual answer that involves how ass over teakettle he is into this EV shit. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
36 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Not those regs dumbfuck...just permitting etc.  And don't forget the lawsuits from the ecofreaks

Did you even watch the tedtalk? I would assume that dude knows more than you.

You think the permitting and lawsuits are going to stop on those moron?

Building new nukes is extremely expensive for what you get out of it.

then you get into the maintenance and operation and those things are over the top expensive.  All of Georgia got there rates raised already for a non producing plant.

• Gold Member

@SnowRider

got 1 of the 2 tesla wall connectors installed today.  It’s charging the wife’s PHEV right now….  It’s nice to the portable charger in the wife car.

29C992CF-6C37-46F8-A75F-F4CDB1833874.thumb.jpeg.a6f3f57ec79fcb91b7ebd3ce1cd68c69.jpeg

Will get the other tesla charger installed for my car this weekend….  So I’m going to have a 40 amp Lectron that plugs into a 6-50 outlet.  You will be able to Walk the Walk once in your live instead of just being all talk.

Never mind all the warning stickers on that panel..  it’s just the Combiner panel for all my rooftop solar.

you can buy the charger from me for $300

3F13D1CB-C31C-40E6-B618-923D03AF88B3.thumb.jpeg.0c0c2c6b1d2fe3f79d91f21544236b3d.jpeg

Today I bought and new Electric EGO Snowblower for my wife and son. When I go up north they would call me up all pissed off that could not get the 8hp two stage Simplicity snowblower started and it has electric start! So I said fuck it today, I hope this will fix the issue and I get no more calls. Does mean I have gone green now? as I'm pulling my four place trailer up north with my gas guzzling truck?!?! FYI I'm keeping the Simplicity.  :thumb:

Edited by Badger**

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

You think the permitting and lawsuits are going to stop on those moron?

Building new nukes is extremely expensive for what you get out of it.

then you get into the maintenance and operation and those things are over the top expensive.  All of Georgia got there rates raised already for a non producing plant.

You still haven't watched the tedtalk....I'm better the speaker is a bit more knowledgeable than you.

22 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Is this your first time trying to talk this out with him? I’ll just cut to the chase, he will do everything to dance around an actual answer that involves how ass over teakettle he is into this EV shit. 

No, it's not.  Between a Rivian pickup, Tesla car, and a solar panel setup what does that run these days, $175-200k?

Just the tabs for a Rivian would be over $1000 a year here.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 12/9/2022 at 12:09 PM, BOHICA said:

Your Repugs discourage EV, solar, and renewables.  The responses from your fellow MAGAt’s on here confirm their disdain for EV’s and renewables.  

You’re doing a great job but that doesn’t change the facts.  Same analogy as ‘I ate today so no one must be hungry’. 

Your ‘Green’ party :lol:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/03/house-republicans-energy-and-climate-plan-pushes-fossil-fuels-hydro.html

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Your Repugs discourage EV, solar, and renewables.  The responses from your fellow MAGAt’s on here confirm their disdain for EV’s and renewables.  

You’re doing a great job but that doesn’t change the facts.  Same analogy as ‘I ate today so no one must be hungry’. 

Your ‘Green’ party :lol:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/03/house-republicans-energy-and-climate-plan-pushes-fossil-fuels-hydro.html

They are both equally anti climate.  Biden is going to double natural gas exports overseas…  those exports are transported 1000’s of miles by ships that have no emission requirements polluting far more then what the republicans are proposing.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/US-To-Bail-Out-Britain-By-Doubling-Natural-Gas-Exports.amp.html

Under fresh plans to clamp down on the rising cost of living across the UK, the government has convinced the Biden administration to double US gas exports to Britain.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

They are both equally anti climate.  Biden is going to double natural gas exports overseas…  those exports are transported 1000’s of miles by ships that have no emission requirements polluting far more then what the republicans are proposing.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/US-To-Bail-Out-Britain-By-Doubling-Natural-Gas-Exports.amp.html

Under fresh plans to clamp down on the rising cost of living across the UK, the government has convinced the Biden administration to double US gas exports to Britain.

Left is right.  Up is down. Black is white.  Welcome to your MAGAt world. 

Edited by SnowRider

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Left is right.  Up is down. Black is white.  Welcome to your MAGAt world. 

Have you done anything such as solar or EV’s in your personal life?  Anything on the renewable or green front?

Edited by BOHICA