You are being lied too about electric cars

BOHICA

• Gold Member

Now it takes non retards to realize all they have been told is a big lie….  Retards will continue to believe the lies and peddle and pass off the lies as fact.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/truth-about-electric-cars-ad-why-you-are-being-lied-to/

Edited by BOHICA

• BOHICA changed the title to You are being lied too about electric cars

IIHS Crash-Tested its Heaviest Vehicle Ever to Prepare for Massive EVs

c03dae412e9c655db81d4fc60e014a66
Erin Marquis
Thu, December 8, 2022 at 11:21 AM

Electric vehicles are really heavy, and that’s bad news for our roads, our environment and passenger survivability in crashes. The weight increase also complicates things for the safety watchdog groups dedicated to crash-testing new vehicles. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety had to rig up the heaviest vehicles it’s ever tested to make sure its evaluation equipment is up to the challenge.

The IIHS loaded up some older vehicles with steel plates and concrete blocks to replicate the weight of some of the heavier EVs heading to market — like the gargantuan Hummer EV, which clocks in at about 9,500 pounds. The electric Hummer’s batteries alone weigh more than an entire Miata.

Read more

IIHS crash propulsion system still pulling its weight

Naturally, the IIHS doesn’t drive vehicles into concrete pylons under their own power. The agency uses a propulsion system consisting of a tow cable that gets hooked to the vehicle and brings it to a speed of 40 mph over just 600 feet. This battery of tests with extra-heavy vehicles was meant to ensure the 20-year-old “crash machine” is up to the task with increasingly massive vehicles.

Since the IIHS only needed to test the strength of the system, the agency didn’t need to consume a real and extremely expensive EV. Instead, they loaded up some older model vehicles and slammed them into the concrete. The 9,500-pound test vehicles represents the heaviest automobiles IIHS has ever smashed in its testing facility, knocking the sub-6,000 pound 2019 Audi E-Tron out of first place.

Crashing EVs can be a risky business. Joe Young, Media Relations Director at IIHS, told Jalopnik there are special considerations when crash-testing a battery-powered vehicle.

“We do test with the batteries in place (at a charge of about 12.5 percent), and we closely monitor the battery temperature during and after the crash,” Young said. “We also have some special precautions in place to ensure that the vehicle chassis is not electrified before our technicians start doing post-crash analysis. And there are special precautions in place to move the vehicle outside quickly and safely if there were a problem.” So far, IIHS has never had an EV catch fire during crash testing, but it pays to be prepared, because battery fires are no joke.

Heavy electric cars, however, are likely to make a bad problem on U.S. roads even worse. Not to be a broken record, but traffic deaths reached a 16-year high in 2021 and this year is not looking much better. Part of the reason for this higher fatality rate, especially among pedestrians, is the increasing presence of heavy, large SUVs and trucks on the roads. The IIHS’ own studies show that such vehicles are more likely to kill pedestrians and other vulnerable road users. It seems another way we could easily cut down on traffic deaths would be to restrict the size and weight of mainstream vehicles, but considering automakers make bank on such vehicles, that solution is likely a non-starter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Now it takes non retards to realize all they have been told is a big lie….  Retards will continue to believe the lies and peddle and pass off the lies as fact.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/truth-about-electric-cars-ad-why-you-are-being-lied-to/

That solar farm and wind farm is so beautiful...I sincerely hope they do that across all open land in the name of climate change...just imagine how many panels we can put in the mid west once we get rid of those disgusting fields full of food.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

That solar farm and wind farm is so beautiful...I sincerely hope they do that across all open land in the name of climate change...just imagine how many panels we can put in the mid west once we get rid of those disgusting fields full of food.

And trees we don’t need any trees cut them all down and put up some solar panels.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, SkisNH said:

They typically do wind in farm fields.  Farmers make pretty good money growing windmills

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Where’s your Repug/MAGAt support for EV’s and renewables?  

Trump extended the tax credit for Solar when he was president.  It’s why I have it on my roof.  Original EV credits were started by Bush.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
25 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Governor Newsome is about to gut California’s roof top Solar.

Last year Governor Desantis veto’d a bill that would have done the same that the democrats of California is preparing to do to roof top solar.

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
51 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

My vehicle is plugged in right now.  
784AA28B-3F56-4A77-8C21-3C5B3C18C086.thumb.jpeg.ccb78acc3485ef2b7fe6cba5e4606152.jpeg

Wife drove to work this morning on electricity and will make it most of the way home on it.  But we should be changing her commute to 100% electric next summer to early fall and be able to get rid of her plug in hybrid.

7E315149-D04C-477E-B2FA-D42EE423010E.thumb.jpeg.2bb81819ad192ddba0f99892ea6943a0.jpeg

Trump extended the tax credit and I put its 48 panel roof top solar system.  

pretty good enviromental protection benefit in the 18 months or so of generating my own electricity.  I’m pretty much carbon neutral on a personal life household life.

234B9455-3FAB-4E36-BAFC-12DE1B8CCC0C.thumb.png.c9146a930a62a46c5c96b8a956ef4715.png

which begs to question????  What have you done to further the “liberal” cause or are you all blow and no go?

• Gold Member

@SnowRider

takes about 1 lbs of coal to make 1 kwh of electricity….  My Trump/MAGA panels have eliminated the need to burn around 32,600 lbs of coal.  Not to mention the fuels burned to mine and transport that coal on zero emission equipped trains.

954E269F-6E18-49B8-9463-3F3B78146F8E.thumb.png.49ef02739bd3d5e89c39c462f9e77182.png

Have you done anything to forward the liberal agenda concerning climate change?  Anything at all?

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

784AA28B-3F56-4A77-8C21-3C5B3C18C086.thumb.jpeg.ccb78acc3485ef2b7fe6cba5e4606152.jpeg

Wife drove to work this morning on electricity and will make it most of the way home on it.  But we should be changing her commute to 100% electric next summer to early fall and be able to get rid of her plug in hybrid.

7E315149-D04C-477E-B2FA-D42EE423010E.thumb.jpeg.2bb81819ad192ddba0f99892ea6943a0.jpeg

Trump extended the tax credit and I put its 48 panel roof top solar system.  

pretty good enviromental protection benefit in the 18 months or so of generating my own electricity.  I’m pretty much carbon neutral on a personal life household life.

234B9455-3FAB-4E36-BAFC-12DE1B8CCC0C.thumb.png.c9146a930a62a46c5c96b8a956ef4715.png

which begs to question????  What have you done to further the “liberal” cause or are you all blow and no go?

Just watched a report on Rivian and how badly they are missing production goals and purging money by the billions each quarter. 

• Gold Member
Just now, Highmark said:

Just watched a report on Rivian and how badly they are missing production goals and purging money by the billions each quarter. 

Yep.  To be expected on a startup.

Bring up the manufacturing of any new model is pretty cost intensive process even for a legacy.

they need to get through all there price locked customers so that they can sell there vehicles for cost and start recouping 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

He was trying to rile you up and look how well it worked. 5 posts in a row  :lol:

It’s called epic ownage.  He had no idea what conservatives and republicans like me have for “green” energy.  True republicans are green energy advocates like Desantis and Trump are.

I’ve slapped him around before and situations like this he get a little yellow/chicken to respond.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I just read where Elon is borrowing against Tesla to keep twitter afloat. 

And some think Twitter can become a Trillion dollar company.   I don't think there is anything to worry about Twitter or Elon's finances.   

31 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I just read where Elon is borrowing against Tesla to keep twitter afloat. 

Didn't he borrow from SpaceX to keep Tesla afloat?

19 hours ago, BOHICA said:

How much 

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

How much will you have spent between all the electric cars and solar panels?

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

How much 

How much will you have spent between all the electric cars and solar panels?

I would have vehicles regardless so ultimately a moot point.  

The tesla replaced a mustang 5.0.  The Rivian will replace a Volvo.  Will offload the old farm truck at that point as well.

solar after tax credit around $18,000.  Eliminated around 5-6k in electric bills thus far in 21 months.  So 13k or less till i break even.  

if I include eliminating gas for what ever vehicles I have it’s substantially more savings.    I fill the EV’s for free.  My Mustang and pickup were 12-16 mpg vehicles so the savings is substantial.  I can’t make gas at home.  So filling for free at home vs paying prices at the pump the savings is significant which easily makes up the cost difference in vehicles.

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

I would have vehicles regardless so ultimately a moot point.  

The tesla replaced a mustang 5.0.  The Rivian will replace a Volvo.  Will offload the old farm truck at that point as well.

solar after tax credit around $18,000.  Eliminated around 5-6k in electric bills thus far in 21 months.  So 13k or less till i break even.  

if I include eliminating gas for what ever vehicles I have it’s substantially more savings.    I fill the EV’s for free.  My Mustang and pickup were 12-16 mpg vehicles so the savings is substantial.  I can’t make gas at home

How much capital do you have in all the electric vehicles and solar panels?