best late 90's to mid 2000's ass draggers?

1 minute ago, Sled_Hed said:

12 horse Kohler 4 stroke

ok I never saw one.  Shame for ours, motor's loose but hasn't been run in 25 years and sled sits on the dirt under a roof.

That was my only ride in the early 90's......when it ran.:lol:

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, hayward said:

ok I never saw one.  Shame for ours, motor's loose but hasn't been run in 25 years and sled sits on the dirt under a roof.

That was my only ride in the early 90's......when it ran.:lol:

Those wankels have such a unique sound. My brother has a 71 lynx with a 303 in it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Those wankels have such a unique sound. My brother has a 71 lynx with a 303 in it.

My cousin had one when we were kids. It would vibrate so bad it would slide off the driveway. If left to idle 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

If I come across a late 90s Mach Z or early 2000s Thundercat in good shape, decent miles I'd consider it.

Thunder cats are easy to find for sale. People have them for sale all over for to much money. 

12 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Yup. I had my eye on a 98 Mach Z 800, kid wanted 15 or bo, but it was pretty clapped out.

I dont know if it is because I follow a lot of cat stuff from that era but it seems like the mach z from that time period is hard to find. A cat thundercat and zrt are a dime a doze. The Polaris xcr800 I also see for sale more than the Machz 

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I dont know if it is because I follow a lot of cat stuff from that era but it seems like the mach z from that time period is hard to find. A cat thundercat and zrt are a dime a doze. The Polaris xcr800 I also see for sale more than the Machz 

neither do I, but I don't live out east

let's see how many I can find in less than two minutes... 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/752913339691787/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae2079a52-ac6e-41f2-bfc0-391e2b2b1cbd

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/127225030286606/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae2079a52-ac6e-41f2-bfc0-391e2b2b1cbd

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/899076141136730/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae2079a52-ac6e-41f2-bfc0-391e2b2b1cbd

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/174020825373735/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae2079a52-ac6e-41f2-bfc0-391e2b2b1cbd

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/536654745202195/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae2079a52-ac6e-41f2-bfc0-391e2b2b1cbd

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1990869007911757/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae2079a52-ac6e-41f2-bfc0-391e2b2b1cbd

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1277088956408299/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae2079a52-ac6e-41f2-bfc0-391e2b2b1cbd

this is the one to buy... fuckin mint

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/740439904206034/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae2079a52-ac6e-41f2-bfc0-391e2b2b1cbd

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they just drove it into the brome grass to get a good picture for the ad.  It brings out the patina in it quite nicely!

4 minutes ago, hayward said:

they just drove it into the brome grass to get a good picture for the ad.  It brings out the patina in it quite nicely!

if the top looks that good... just imagine the rest of it!

5 minutes ago, hayward said:

My allergies are acting up just looking at that picture. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Thundercat def not a dime a dozen, clean ones pull incredible money, more then an equivalent Mach Z.

Edited by stinkipinki

I have no desire or reason to ride a newer trail sled.  A couple new sleds rolled in for lunch on and something about them, I looked at them like they're ridiculous.  Especially when you see some people riding them, they just look like this monstrous machine that you're operating, not riding and controlling.  Bigger in every dimension and heavier.

PXL_20230304_174701932.jpg

Edited by mnstang

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

I have no desire or reason to ride a newer trail sled.  A couple new sleds rolled in for lunch on and something about them, I looked at them like they're ridiculous.  Especially when you see some people riding them, they just look like this monstrous machine that you're operating, not riding and controlling.  Bigger in every dimension and heavier.

How old are you?  This 56 year old mans back MUCH prefers this lineup over those… just sayin’

EA9D6389-41AE-403D-B902-160ADA687931.jpeg

15 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

Thundercat def not a dime a dozen, clean ones pull incredible money, more then an equivalent Mach Z.

I see tcats for sale every where around here. Anywhere from clapped out to nice 

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

How old are you?  This 56 year old mans back MUCH prefers this lineup over those… just sayin’

40.  I don't ride with my back but my knees sometimes will let me know when I'm not conditioned for the oldies!  Still way more fun for me than new stuff.  It was funny we were kind of turning our nose up at those behemoths that rolled in.

30 minutes ago, mnstang said:

40.  I don't ride with my back but my knees sometimes will let me know when I'm not conditioned for the oldies!  Still way more fun for me than new stuff.  It was funny we were kind of turning our nose up at those behemoths that rolled in.

The power to weight ratio makes up for the weight… not to mention the ride is superior to anything pre-rider forward.  But I get it, I have a 1993 XCR I still took around in the field once in a while.

3 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I'd like to try one of those style Polaris, I've heard good things and I'd consider one.

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

The last time I had my 1985 Indy 600 out ran into some guys I knew and ended putting on about 180 miles that day.  I didn't want to see that sled for a couple days more less ride it after that.  This year and other years have multiple 200-300 mile days and have no problem hopping back on the next day.  I like the older sleds and appreciate them. but I have no desire to take them out for a 100+ mile day.

5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

The power to weight ratio makes up for the weight… not to mention the ride is superior to anything pre-rider forward.  But I get it, I have a 1993 XCR I still took around in the field once in a while.

I guess I will disagree.  Power can make up things or change things but it cannot do many things.  They will never be as manueverable as something much lighter, lower, and packaged tightly.  They didn't use words like mass centralization back then but these old ones I'm into are packed tightly.  Even the later zr's were worse, belly panels and hoods and suspension were all spread out much further and that makes a big difference.  Under hood items spread out further.  Even if similar on a scale, spreading weight out over a bigger area makes a big difference for controlling it.

15 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I was going to send that to you when I saw it yesterday. 

I've sent it to a few people.  Someone needs to buy it, thing is mint 

• Like 1